pncleaning

Help please
« on: February 07, 2011, 04:07:45 pm »
Hi all

I have just returned from a spa as I quoted them for the cleaning of 5 armchairs and foot stools. The footstools are minging with oils etc and when i put my hand on it they stick to the upholstery real bad. The fabric is cotton. How would you guys go about cleaning this and what chemicals would you use please.

Thanks in advance
Paul.

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 04:24:50 pm »
That makes sense. How can you quote a job if you dont know what is required? Anyway... Prochem Fabric Restorer and rinse with fibre and fabric.

pncleaning

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 04:36:24 pm »
Hi Monty

Exactly what I have used on a stool i brought home but just wondered if there was anything else out there chemical wise that would be better

Cheers
Paul

garybristow

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 04:57:47 pm »
same as above or prespray with multi pro then f&fab rinse
gary bristow clean

garyfindlay

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 05:01:12 pm »
powerburst, or citrboost with above chemicals

pncleaning

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 05:16:29 pm »
Cheers guys much appreciated

The only chemicals I have ever used not from solutions is Ultrapac, F/F rince, Fabric restorer,

99% of my chemicals come from solutions

Paul

markpowell

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 06:47:47 pm »
If u dont have much experience i would keep the ph below 9 with the prespray and acid rinse on cotton, otherwise u could end up with a browning problem on your hands, dont want to come accross as been funny but have you considered a training course for upholstery before its too late.
Mark

pncleaning

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 08:09:58 pm »
Hi

Thanks for the advice Mark I have been on 2 training courses for upholstery, One with cleansmart and one with prochem. I was just looking to see what chemicals other peeps use as of course I am always looking for improvements

Cheers
Paul

Rick Ward

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 08:24:42 pm »
just asking for interest Paul: which course was better cleansmart or prochem, as is something I'll be doing soon........tho never heard of cleansmart

pncleaning

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 11:18:26 pm »
Hi Rik

Both courses are good but in all honesty i personally preferred the cleansmart course, it is instructed by Derek Bolton and he is one of the most respected teachers you will ever come across, definatly knows his stuff. They are based in Nottingham.

Their number is 0845 862 0209

Hope this helps

Paul

greencleaning

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 02:00:56 pm »
There are very few fabrics which are not wet-cleanable but the main ones you are likely to come across are cotton velvet and silk.
All that is required to assess whether the fabric is wet-cleanable is to test an area and look for pile damage or colour bleed.