wpclean

Just bought new Gutter vac
« on: June 23, 2015, 04:51:55 am »
My wife just bought me this -

wpclean

Just bought new Gutter vac
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 04:56:22 am »
This is my third different vac, and the build quality is fantastic !    Really strong chassis, and inlet is offset to side of tank for less blockages , plus you can tilt the bin for easier emptying.
Can't wait to test it out next week, unlike other so called gutter vacuums, this machine has been set up for the job.
I will post the results of the cleaning if anyone else is a sad loser like myself  ;D

Ben Marriott

Re: Just bought new Gutter vac
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 09:04:14 am »
It's the best system you can buy imho :)
Rutland Pumps Limited - 01572 729412- sales@rutlandpumps.co.uk

sunshine windows

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 09:35:40 am »
Samson, out of curiousity, which vacs have you previously had. Will be purchasing one this week and want to make sure I dont get a duff.

Cheers
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

richywilts

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 09:36:13 am »
how much did you buy all the hoses etc or just the vacuum
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

wpclean

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 05:54:33 pm »
The vacuum was £1020 including the hoses, and the end fittings for end of pole.   I already have the carbon poles.

I have owned the clark machine, and one of these -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40ft-12-metre-3000w-gutter-vacuum-system-triple-motor-vac-gutter-cleaning-/141547138574?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20f4ddee0e    ( not from this company but same model )

The quality, and build of the machine is excellent, and I wish I had just gone for this machine in the beginning  ;D

Tom-01

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 06:05:38 pm »
My wife just bought me this -

It would suck that whole rug up!

I've got the first model of this type, brilliant machine. It has the inlet at the front, blocks occasionally but nothing to worry about - mainly pine needles!. We've had a few carbon poles break though which I've had to replace. It paid me back within 3 months. Camera system is pretty pants though, will be getting a GoPro soon.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 06:11:15 pm »
Nice machine, what are the spec's ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

wpclean

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 06:21:37 pm »
Nice machine, what are the spec's ?

Darran
Not sure Daz, it is two motor either 2600w or  2800w ( will check later ).     What made me plump for this is the " water lift "
Which is 150 inches, which is a lot higher than every other machine I looked at.

The only down side I have seen is the companies recommendation for the generator which they state is 3.4 KVA !   I have spoken to several generator suppliers, and they have all said the recommended genny should be at least 6.5 KVA.

wpclean

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 06:23:34 pm »
Apparently you need the extra wattage for starting the machine which draws a lot more current.   If you do use a smaller genny you will not get the full power from the vac, and will be screwing the machine !

SeanK

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 06:58:29 pm »
I have the treble motor 4800w and the 6.5kva generator runs it ok, just allow a few seconds between starting each motor.
I mostly run my vac from the customers own power as the generator is just too heavy for one person to lift in and out of the van
plus I don't like running it in the van because of fumes and having to leave the doors open.

wpclean

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 08:32:23 pm »
I have the treble motor 4800w and the 6.5kva generator runs it ok, just allow a few seconds between starting each motor.
I mostly run my vac from the customers own power as the generator is just too heavy for one person to lift in and out of the van
plus I don't like running it in the van because of fumes and having to leave the doors open.
Know what you mean with the genny, we book all the gutter cleans on one day, and use ramps to put it in the van.

Ben Marriott

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 08:51:15 pm »
Initial amp draw is always far higher 3KVA can struggle to boil a kettle!

Skyvac ten to use Soteco / ISSA on some of the bigger stuff - if you aren't fussed about the fancy trolley the ISSA 640m does the same job / same spec for far less cash - only any good if you don't mind sorting the setup side of things out with fitting etc :)
Rutland Pumps Limited - 01572 729412- sales@rutlandpumps.co.uk

wpclean

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2015, 02:14:31 pm »
Tried it on our own, and neighbors  house today, and it performed really well, taking big nutter grass chunks . . . . it was sticking to the plastic lol, here are some photo's-
Notice how the inlet does not block due to the opening being offset, so the dirt goes in the direction of the cyclone
 out

wpclean

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 02:17:32 pm »
The motors are well protected, and the filter is washable, and can be used for wet, and dry.

wpclean

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 02:20:22 pm »
The drum tilts so emptying is a lot easier, and can be completely removed if needed.

wpclean

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 02:25:39 pm »
This bit has got me stumped, there are two motors you can switch on, but also a switch for high, and low power, here is a page that explains it, but I am confused by the instructions, so will have to clarify this !

martin hulstone

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 02:52:18 pm »
Who is the best company to buy one from? thanks

wpclean

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 03:00:03 pm »
Who is the best company to buy one from? thanks
Bought mine here, really helpful guy called mark -    www.spinaclean.com

martin hulstone

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2015, 03:16:06 pm »