deeege

Re: How many hours do you work a day?
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2021, 02:40:23 pm »
Heard it all now. If you’re not earning £85k per year as a part time, sole trader window cleaner you’re doing something wrong  ;D
My friend locally is a sole trader, works 8-2pm and has for the last two years had to stop working for a few days every month to stay under. He's pretty much stopped pressure washing because it'll take him over if he does much and turns all new work away. He's quick though.

Not doubting it but at a guess I’d say he’s in the top 0.001% earnings wise in this game then.
I don't know. I think it's a doddle to get there. The reality is that many windowcleaners are either lazy and get to say £30k a year for three easy days a week or daft and charging peanuts.  There's some that get 200 customers, think they've made it,  stop canvassing  and then go into a depression and post on Facebook every time they lose one because they are too idle to knock doors.

Wherever you are in the country, with a bit of acumen and hard work, £50-£60k a year shouldn't be difficult.

And..... customers you pick up through leaflets or door knocking generally don't go onto comparison sites or whatever. They just pay what you ask usually. If one's prices are low, it's because of one's lack of confidence rather than being market driven.

Before employing, was you over the Vat threshold as a single operator?
No. But that was never my plan.  But I was at the £50-£60 level.

I wouldn’t say getting to £80k+ as a single operator was a ‘doddle’. I know exactly 0 who have achieved that. £50k+ yeh, but not 80.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Mike Burd

Re: How many hours do you work a day?
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2021, 03:56:26 pm »
Heard it all now. If you’re not earning £85k per year as a part time, sole trader window cleaner you’re doing something wrong  ;D
My friend locally is a sole trader, works 8-2pm and has for the last two years had to stop working for a few days every month to stay under. He's pretty much stopped pressure washing because it'll take him over if he does much and turns all new work away. He's quick though.

Not doubting it but at a guess I’d say he’s in the top 0.001% earnings wise in this game then.
I don't know. I think it's a doddle to get there. The reality is that many windowcleaners are either lazy and get to say £30k a year for three easy days a week or daft and charging peanuts.  There's some that get 200 customers, think they've made it,  stop canvassing  and then go into a depression and post on Facebook every time they lose one because they are too idle to knock doors.

Wherever you are in the country, with a bit of acumen and hard work, £50-£60k a year shouldn't be difficult.

And..... customers you pick up through leaflets or door knocking generally don't go onto comparison sites or whatever. They just pay what you ask usually. If one's prices are low, it's because of one's lack of confidence rather than being market driven.

Before employing, was you over the Vat threshold as a single operator?
No. But that was never my plan.  But I was at the £50-£60 level.

I wouldn’t say getting to £80k+ as a single operator was a ‘doddle’. I know exactly 0 who have achieved that. £50k+ yeh, but not 80.
A doddle was wrong. I meant really that anyone could achieve it with the right mentality. I’d say 50k was relatively easy over say a 2/3 year period. It just requires hard work and investing in a leafleter once you get too busy to do it yourself.