UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

Gutter cleaning advice

(1/7) > >>

Evan:
I’m after some tips and advice with regards to gutter cleaning with gutter vac. Never done it before but thinking of buying one. It obviously needs plugging in…is it a ball ache if the job doesn’t have outdoor electric supply? Do you always have to use extension lead? Any more tips and advice would be much appreciated cheers.

Spruce:

--- Quote from: Evan on January 21, 2022, 03:11:34 pm ---I’m after some tips and advice with regards to gutter cleaning with gutter vac. Never done it before but thinking of buying one. It obviously needs plugging in…is it a ball ache if the job doesn’t have outdoor electric supply? Do you always have to use extension lead? Any more tips and advice would be much appreciated cheers.

--- End quote ---

Plenty of help videos on Youtube.

Job done when customer is in if there is no outsider power point using own cable drum extension with rcd protection. Otherwise invest in a generator. Suggest 5.5kva due to high starting current demands by vacuum motors.

Smudger:
Get a genny.

I know many don’t use one, but if you want the freedom to do it as and when it’s essential also cuts out the faff of waiting for the customer to sort out a socket

Get carbon fibre tubes
Invest in a solid gooseneck - these allow you to be firmer with the crud growing in the gutter and you can push back slipped tiles allowing you to clear easily

Darran

SB Cleaning:

--- Quote from: Spruce on January 21, 2022, 03:39:18 pm ---
--- Quote from: Evan on January 21, 2022, 03:11:34 pm ---I’m after some tips and advice with regards to gutter cleaning with gutter vac. Never done it before but thinking of buying one. It obviously needs plugging in…is it a ball ache if the job doesn’t have outdoor electric supply? Do you always have to use extension lead? Any more tips and advice would be much appreciated cheers.

--- End quote ---

Plenty of help videos on Youtube.

Job done when customer is in if there is no outsider power point using own cable drum extension with rcd protection. Otherwise invest in a generator. Suggest 5.5kva due to high starting current demands by vacuum motors.

--- End quote ---
I agree with Spruce

I've been using gutter vacs for 12 years and never had a problem using customers electric..

Sod lugging a generator about  ;D

Evan:
Looking at the 1700w panther it comes with light aluminium anyone got one? Are the poles light enough? And what height is advisable?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version