Smudger

Re: Prices rises in April......
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2019, 06:10:12 pm »
I'm putting mine up from April it's been almost 2years since last raise.. I'm interested to know how often Lee Pryor and the others with multi van businesses put their prices up..

Moving forward I'm putting mine up annually. In reality if we don't do that then we are technically getting a pay cut because everything else definitely goes up each year... I think if all window cleaners raised prices annually then people would accept it more and the small raise wouldn't shock as much as a larger less frequent raise...
It does annoy me abit when a customer quotes percentages over a £2 increase. Whose gonna miss £2 these days. Back in 2004 the standard increase was around 50p. 15 years on 50p isn't as valuable so wont really be enough of an increase these days unless it's a front only house maybe.

In principle prices could go up every year you would have to nearer the inflation rate so it becomes a ball ache dealing in constant small rises

Also you need to factor in visits rather than time some customers only get cleaned 6 or 7 times a year on eight weekly service - they soon will feel that your constantly raising your price

A little longer gap allows you a better rise and a 2 year consistent price makes you look reasonable when upping the price

3 + years is too long and that’s when you start to fall behind moneywise

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2019, 07:05:38 pm »
i have some commercial jobs ive never put up in 10 years.....one job is around 40 mins work for £60..........i originally priced it up at £60 (2 hrs work on ladders)but take me 40 mins WFP....
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2019, 07:40:50 pm »
i have some commercial jobs ive never put up in 10 years.....one job is around 40 mins work for £60..........i originally priced it up at £60 (2 hrs work on ladders)but take me 40 mins WFP....

I have one similar still at £40 from when I did it off of ladders. It took an hour and a a half back in 2005. Now it is 35 minutes or so ...
It's a game of three halves!

nathankaye

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2019, 08:55:03 pm »
I'm putting mine up from April it's been almost 2years since last raise.. I'm interested to know how often Lee Pryor and the others with multi van businesses put their prices up..

Moving forward I'm putting mine up annually. In reality if we don't do that then we are technically getting a pay cut because everything else definitely goes up each year... I think if all window cleaners raised prices annually then people would accept it more and the small raise wouldn't shock as much as a larger less frequent raise...
It does annoy me abit when a customer quotes percentages over a £2 increase. Whose gonna miss £2 these days. Back in 2004 the standard increase was around 50p. 15 years on 50p isn't as valuable so wont really be enough of an increase these days unless it's a front only house maybe.

In principle prices could go up every year you would have to nearer the inflation rate so it becomes a ball ache dealing in constant small rises

Also you need to factor in visits rather than time some customers only get cleaned 6 or 7 times a year on eight weekly service - they soon will feel that your constantly raising your price

A little longer gap allows you a better rise and a 2 year consistent price makes you look reasonable when upping the price

3 + years is too long and that’s when you start to fall behind moneywise

Darran

Ive not been following this thread, but Darren's knocked the nail on the head with this point. Absolutely agree.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2019, 08:09:53 am »
Yeh I think 2 years sound about right.

Inflation is about 2.5% roughly

So i would aim to cover inflation and a bit on top.

7.5 - 10% increase every 2 years should be reasonable.

We don't just want to cover inflation we want to make money on it but going too far as in £1 a year I think is taking the pee a bit especially on £10-£15 jobs