Jonny 87

Re: Sorry To Bring This Up!
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2020, 12:52:09 pm »
3-5 million unemployed this time in 6 months lol I think most will be effected tbh.
That's not June (?), July and August though.

I think you just have to confirm you’ve been affected after July 15th? I’m not good at maths but October is after July.  :D

The scheme will be open to apply still probably in October.

Dunno though?

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

NWH

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2020, 02:15:05 pm »
What I’m saying is people on here are debating whether or not they’ll be effected or have been,you may have been working normally or much the same as you would have been will that be the same in 6 months time.
She’s laying on her front topless at the moment but give it till the end of the year she’ll be turning over and going tits up 🤣🤣

G Griffin

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2020, 03:42:59 pm »
3-5 million unemployed this time in 6 months lol I think most will be effected tbh.
That's not June (?), July and August though.

I think you just have to confirm you’ve been affected after July 15th? I’m not good at maths but October is after July.  :D

The scheme will be open to apply still probably in October.

Dunno though?
That's true; they haven't given a deadline for being affected. Yet.
A lot of it is still up in the air and it can change anyway. The second grant will only apply from Tuesday and I think we'll hear on the 17th of August, so there's plenty of time to be adversely affected.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2020, 03:44:07 pm »

i bet hardly any of us are effected ...we never are during a recession.....yes we will lose the odd job here and there but itll have zero effect on our income overall as theres always another new job just around the corner..... :)
price higher/work harder!

GAZZA B

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2020, 08:09:11 am »
Yes i think it is going to get worse before it gets better lets see

Jonny 87

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2020, 08:20:49 am »
I can feel a lot of guys having the sniffles, talking a 2 week holiday self isolating and then picking up a cheque for 4 or 5 k.

Would be nice to get paid for a holiday.  ;D

I took the first grant, I was definitely effected. Me and my wife work together, and the conflicting information said it was best if you “worked alone”. So I just worked myself for3 months. I had contract work on hold, and compared to my previous years income I can categorically look and show my earnings were down.

This next one might be different. I’m going to wait a while till I make my decision.

As always the government guidelines are ambiguous. It says if you were “adversely effected”, but then in the scenarios they give you, it seems to show regardless of income, if your able to work then you don’t qualify.

I’m leaning more to the side of not taking the second grant, but that may change. We’ve still got Atleast 2 or 3 months to decide. 
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Slacky

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2020, 08:58:12 am »
I think you would've been stupid or naive to not have taken the first one. Understandably no-one knew anything at the time about how this was going to pan out. For all anyone knew we may have been sat on our arses literally confined to barracks for months. We were being told to claim if we had been adversely affected. I bet there were very very few people who had not been adversely affected and knew exactly what was going to happen two months or so down the line.

If things carry on as they are I wont be claiming the second grant, but theres plenty of time to make that decision.

If this goes on adversely in to the new year then I imagine the Govt will step up and make another offer to support businesses. I doubt theres a great deal to overly concern ourselves with. Which is surprising really, considering the scale of whats going on.

Im going on holiday in two weeks, can't all be bad...  :D

SB Cleaning

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2020, 09:53:46 am »
I think you would've been stupid or naive to not have taken the first one. Understandably no-one knew anything at the time about how this was going to pan out. For all anyone knew we may have been sat on our arses literally confined to barracks for months. We were being told to claim if we had been adversely affected. I bet there were very very few people who had not been adversely affected and knew exactly what was going to happen two months or so down the line.

If things carry on as they are I wont be claiming the second grant, but theres plenty of time to make that decision.

If this goes on adversely in to the new year then I imagine the Govt will step up and make another offer to support businesses. I doubt theres a great deal to overly concern ourselves with. Which is surprising really, considering the scale of whats going on.

I agree with this , I took the first one but doubt I will take the 2nd as I'm mad busy.

NWH

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2020, 12:40:44 pm »
The government will not step in again they’ve said businesses will go and many will be effected,they’ve helped this time there’s no way you would get anything like a grant again.
This next grant is the last chance people will get to keep going they’ve more or less said that,not all businesses will survive Rishi must have said that 100 times.

NWH

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2020, 12:42:40 pm »
Having furloughed workers work and claiming for them as well are the people they are looking to hang,that is out and out fraud no grey area there.

mjm

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2020, 12:45:34 pm »

If you haven't submitted this years tax return

Be warned

dazmond

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2020, 12:50:05 pm »
its a great time to be a window cleaner thats for sure,esp if your a well established outfit who  goes about their business in a professional manner...

you honestly cant lose in this game......

have you ever noticed every time you lose a job that another enquiry /walk up/recommendation soon materialize?its completely self sustaining with no money needed to be spent on advertising.

the only requirement is for you to keep providing a good,reliable service at a fair price and show respect for your customers property...thats it! 8)
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2020, 12:50:36 pm »
So if anyone’s got any evidence that they couldn’t clean particular jobs they’ve been adversely affected lol,I can see it now everyone must have jobs customers have said to them leave it until end of the summer.
It doesn’t say as long as you are earning the same you can’t claim,they really would have saved 100s of millions if they’d had said that but if a loophole there.

NWH

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2020, 12:51:41 pm »
its a great time to be a window cleaner thats for sure,esp if your a well established outfit who  goes about their business in a professional manner...

you honestly cant lose in this game......

have you ever noticed every time you lose a job that another enquiry /walk up/recommendation soon materialize?its completely self sustaining with no money needed to be spent on advertising.

the only requirement is for you to keep providing a good,reliable service at a fair price and show respect for your customers property...thats it! 8)

Absolutely amazes me how that happens every time within a week or days even it’s replaced.

G Griffin

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2020, 01:25:13 pm »

I don't think that there'll be any further help.
They'll have run out of other peoples' money to spend  ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2020, 02:28:38 pm »
The only industry they would help and that would be as far as business rates and Vat goes is the hospitality sector,we are all jogging along unaware of what’s coming because it hasn’t really effected us.

Slacky

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2020, 02:56:37 pm »
The government will not step in again they’ve said businesses will go and many will be effected,they’ve helped this time there’s no way you would get anything like a grant again.
This next grant is the last chance people will get to keep going they’ve more or less said that,not all businesses will survive Rishi must have said that 100 times.

If the country has to lock down again, instructed to, like at the end of March, by the Govt, they wouldn't have a choice not to.

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2020, 05:33:02 pm »
The only industry they would help and that would be as far as business rates and Vat goes is the hospitality sector,we are all jogging along unaware of what’s coming because it hasn’t really effected us.
Agree
The majority of the working population that have been locked down have been given arm bands to help them tread water. Come the autumn, it will be time to sink or swim.

Dave Willis

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2020, 06:56:51 pm »
I think Cleaner Planner must have the virus. Mine hasn’t worked since February.

NWH

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2020, 07:31:31 pm »
All they keep talking about now is a second spike that’s what people are saying the Nightingale was for,as far as people get cash handouts taxed or not I can’t see that happening again.