Oliver @ GrippaTank

Re: Which gutter vac..
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 10:32:18 am »
Grippa vac...great bit of kit ;)

Forgot to mention iv got a budget of upto 1k.
Grippa look good but the 30ft 40litre is pushing £1500..
Hi Chris,

Whilst our kit is not the cheapest on the market, with the 2 year warranty that comes with motors on the vacuum, as well as the fact that the poles is a fully carbon Gardiner manufactured product, you can be assured of  a quality product.

We can also offer finance on our packages, so you could finance the difference between your budget and the extra cost of the system?

Feel free to drop us a line on enquiries@grippatank.co.uk if you wish to discuss it further.
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

chris turner

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2016, 03:07:04 pm »

Hi Chris,

Whilst our kit is not the cheapest on the market, with the 2 year warranty that comes with motors on the vacuum, as well as the fact that the poles is a fully carbon Gardiner manufactured product, you can be assured of  a quality product.

We can also offer finance on our packages, so you could finance the difference between your budget and the extra cost of the system?

Feel free to drop us a line on enquiries@grippatank.co.uk if you wish to discuss it further.

Thanks but I don't do finance, I always pay in full.

If it was later in the year I would of gone for a more expensive vac. Having just spent over 10k just before Xmas on a van then had a few weeks off, my savings have dwindled!
I have a gutter contract already lined up who require it done asap so will have to get a mid range vac for now..

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 05:12:30 pm »

Hi Chris,

If it was later in the year I would of gone for a more expensive vac. Having just spent over 10k just before Xmas on a van then had a few weeks off, my savings have dwindled!
I have a gutter contract already lined up who require it done asap so will have to get a mid range vac for now..

Do you know what height you need to work to? You can always buy the extra sections as finances allow..
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

chris turner

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2016, 05:22:03 pm »

Hi Chris,

Do you know what height you need to work to? You can always buy the extra sections as finances allow..

Need 30ft minimum..

chris turner

Smurf

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2016, 10:14:09 pm »
Nope but does look good at a glance.
However the poles seem carbon hybrid not full carbon maybe and only 44mm not 50mm and only 5ft per section with no mention of the weight of each pole section either. Hose is only 38mm not 50mm so will be more suseptable to blockages. The camera can be bought on fleebay cheap too so no big deal. My main concern if wanting to use customers power the vac is rated higher than a standard 13am socket so could cause overheating/fire when using 3 motors and trip the breaker too.
Apart from that it looks great  ;D

Xline 3500w Gutter Vac + 30ft Carbon Poles + HD Camera - Complete Package

Gutter Vac Specification:
 •230 Volt
 •3 motors, 3500 Watt •765m3/h air flow
 •62L capacity
 •38mm hose diameter
 •Polypropylene tank
 •Polypropylene trolley
 •Heavy duty wheels & castors
 •10m power cable
 •Complete with wet & dry tools
 •675d x 565w x 920h, mm. 25.4 Kg

Carbon Gutter Pole Set:
 •6 x 5ft (30 foot) 44mm Carbon Composite Gutter Poles
 •10m Length of Flexi Suction Hose
 •Heavy Duty Carry Bag
 •Gutter Tool Set

HD Wifi Gutter Pole Camera:
•Wi-Fi Function, the user can operation or review via Android or for iOS Device - App can be downloaded
 •Mini appearance, diversified colors available
 •A water-resistant casing that allows you to film fascinating water sports
 •Multiple photo shooting modes: Single shot, Snapper
 •Multiple video recording formats: 1080P 720P WVGA
 •Water-resistant up to 30 meters under water
 •High definition screen that displays and replays fascinating videos recorded
 •Support HDMI HD output function
 •Support web camera function
 •Detachable battery that is easy to replace and prolongs your cameras service life
 •Support Micro SD Card Class 6 or Above up to 32GB  (Card Not Included)

chris turner

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2016, 10:46:30 pm »
Nope but does look good at a glance.
However the poles seem carbon hybrid not full carbon maybe and only 44mm not 50mm and only 5ft per section with no mention of the weight of each pole section either. Hose is only 38mm not 50mm so will be more suseptable to blockages. The camera can be bought on fleebay cheap too so no big deal. My main concern if wanting to use customers power the vac is rated higher than a standard 13am socket so could cause overheating/fire when using 3 motors and trip the breaker too.
Apart from that it looks great  ;D

Xline 3500w Gutter Vac + 30ft Carbon Poles + HD Camera - Complete Package

Gutter Vac Specification:
 •230 Volt
 •3 motors, 3500 Watt •765m3/h air flow
 •62L capacity
 •38mm hose diameter
 •Polypropylene tank
 •Polypropylene trolley
 •Heavy duty wheels & castors
 •10m power cable
 •Complete with wet & dry tools
 •675d x 565w x 920h, mm. 25.4 Kg

Carbon Gutter Pole Set:
 •6 x 5ft (30 foot) 44mm Carbon Composite Gutter Poles
 •10m Length of Flexi Suction Hose
 •Heavy Duty Carry Bag
 •Gutter Tool Set

HD Wifi Gutter Pole Camera:
•Wi-Fi Function, the user can operation or review via Android or for iOS Device - App can be downloaded
 •Mini appearance, diversified colors available
 •A water-resistant casing that allows you to film fascinating water sports
 •Multiple photo shooting modes: Single shot, Snapper
 •Multiple video recording formats: 1080P 720P WVGA
 •Water-resistant up to 30 meters under water
 •High definition screen that displays and replays fascinating videos recorded
 •Support HDMI HD output function
 •Support web camera function
 •Detachable battery that is easy to replace and prolongs your cameras service life
 •Support Micro SD Card Class 6 or Above up to 32GB  (Card Not Included)

Thanks for putting me off smurf ;D
Although I'm glad you responded as you seem to know your stuff on vacs.

So I'm down to 3 options, genie vac, gutter sucker or the one you posted earlier from Nick's site.
If you had the choice of the 3, which would you go for smurf?

Smurf

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2016, 10:51:11 pm »
Maybe contact them all and play one off agaist the other to get the best deal as you are really after 40ft pole set not 30ft

chris turner

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2016, 11:01:36 pm »
Maybe contact them all and play one off agaist the other to get the best deal as you are really after 40ft pole set not 30ft

There all similar prices, just want to know which is the best value. 30ft would do me for now, can add sections later.
From my limited knowledge, Nick's option looks the best.. 3000w triple motor 155plm suction , full carbon poles, 75 litre capacity, 50mm hose.

Your the gutter man, what do you think lol?

Mick Kent

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2016, 11:04:00 pm »
Genie vac,  great machine and well built.
Gardiner Modular poles so can use for high window cleaning work as well as high gutter work.
A guy is selling a 40ft modular in the for sale section of this site. So under your £1000 budget total.
I found i didnt need a camera as i could feel the guttervac sucking all the debris and muck through the poles via vibration  although i still am going to get 1 for the just in case episode where it will be needed as an inspection.
Honestly you wont go far wrong with the genie vac. I think its great.

chris turner

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2016, 11:19:07 pm »
Gardiner Modular poles so can use for high window cleaning work as well as high gutter work.
A guy is selling a 40ft modular in the for sale section of this site. So under your £1000 budget total.
I found i didnt need a camera as i could feel the guttervac sucking all the debris and muck through the poles via vibration  although i still am going to get 1 for the just in case episode where it will be needed as an inspection.

Cheers Mick, it is a tough choice between the genie and these 2
http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/3000carbonfibrekits.html
http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/skyvac-guttersucker.html

There all very similar, though the genie only has hybrid poles. Each one has its own pros and cons though which is why I can't decide.
That's why smurf is going to decide for me  ;D

Mick Kent

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2016, 11:22:20 pm »
I payed just under £400 without the poles for my genie as always wanted to use modular over standared gutter poles. Even the carbon poles that do come with the vacs arn't that great against modular poles which are king as are the right diameter and light and rigid as hell for heavy all day use on big jobs.

Smurf

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2016, 12:37:47 am »

Cheers Mick, it is a tough choice between the genie and these 2
http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/3000carbonfibrekits.html
http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/skyvac-guttersucker.html

There all very similar, though the genie only has hybrid poles. Each one has its own pros and cons though which is why I can't decide.
That's why smurf is going to decide for me  ;D

I'm on meds and not allowed to make financial decisions for myself let alone for others  ;D

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2016, 02:53:51 pm »
Interesting post

The Genie sections have a weight of 330g each, so at 30ft would be under the 2KG mark . 50% carbon
the one from WCW each section has a weight of 390 taking adding almost an extra half KG.  30% carbon
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Smurf

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2016, 05:49:42 pm »
Interesting post

The Genie sections have a weight of 330g each, so at 30ft would be under the 2KG mark . 50% carbon
the one from WCW each section has a weight of 390 taking adding almost an extra half KG.  30% carbon

It seems like many suppliers sell different lengh sections too which also has a bearing on the weight surely?

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2016, 06:27:00 pm »
Interesting post

It seems like many suppliers sell different lengh sections too which also has a bearing on the weight surely?

They are both 5 foot sections, the same
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Plankton

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2016, 06:38:40 pm »
A few tips
1. The less you pay, the quicker you will be in profit, the more you pay the quicker your supplier will be in  profit.
2. Any thing over £300/400 is all bells and whistles.
3. Needing over, or any thing like 3000 watts, is total nonsense!!

1. The less you pay the sooner it will fall apart...
2. Anything at £300/£400 from a gutter vac company is probably worth £100 - get a wet/dry vac off eBay
3. True if you want to take all day doing a 10 minute job and lose your profit !!!

If your going to gutter vac then at least start out the decent equipment otherwise I think it's doomed to fail

Darran
I've tried the cheap setup and it didn't last long. Forget ali poles and under powered vacs and cheap genys.

Nick Day

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2016, 07:43:23 pm »
That was an incredibly informative posting Alan.

Smurf

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2016, 08:05:05 pm »
Interesting post

They are both 5 foot sections, the same

So 1.524 m then which I only presume is for transport reasons in the likes of smaller vehicles.

Being only 5 ft per section seems a ridiculous practical length to use as would need to assemble and use 6-8 section for a 30 ft job thats stood back which is blooming bonkers if you ask me  ::)roll 

chris turner

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2016, 08:09:31 pm »
A few tips
1. The less you pay, the quicker you will be in profit, the more you pay the quicker your supplier will be in  profit.
2. Any thing over £300/400 is all bells and whistles.
3. Needing over, or any thing like 3000 watts, is total nonsense!!

1. The less you pay the sooner it will fall apart...
2. Anything at £300/£400 from a gutter vac company is probably worth £100 - get a wet/dry vac off eBay
3. True if you want to take all day doing a 10 minute job and lose your profit !!!

If your going to gutter vac then at least start out the decent equipment otherwise I think it's doomed to fail

Darran
I've tried the cheap setup and it didn't last long. Forget ali poles and under powered vacs and cheap genys.

The setup iv ordered from nick is a 3000w triple motor nilfisk vac, with carbon poles.
OK it's not the most expensive on the market, but certainly not the cheapest.
Will do me fine for the odd bit of gutter work I'm sure.