CleanClear

Re: Are window cleaning franchises too cheap ??
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 07:14:32 pm »
i don't know what the hit rate is on canvassing or leaflet dropping but I hear it's not good.
What options are better than them ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

NWH

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2016, 08:06:43 pm »
Yeah I'm just saying,I know some people who have canvassed massive areas and not got one I'm talking loads of houses.

Dave Willis

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 08:48:29 pm »
I think you'll find Vin has set up a very good franchise business on leaflets alone. Trouble is nobody is prepared to listen to him because they know it all already.
Vins is based on Ian Lancasters set up - another very successful franchise business.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2016, 09:10:21 pm »
Franchising DOES NOT work! Stay away, don't bother, avoid!!

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2016, 09:17:29 pm »

From one £6.50 job to not having to raise my pole again all in 5 years. Boom, franchising works! 
To answer the original question, yes far too cheap!!

Mick Kent

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2016, 09:28:06 pm »

From one £6.50 job to not having to raise my pole again all in 5 years. Boom, franchising works! 
To answer the original question, yes far too cheap!!

Id have thought with only 4 franchisees working things wouldnt be 'boom'  quite yet going by royalties at 20% technically you dont even have a full 100% round as 1 would without having to franchise. I do see the bigger picture though, with 10/15 franchises then the boom would start taking shape.

Well done to you though as looks like you have done well so far on your journey.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2016, 09:46:35 pm »
Can I ask why you say I only have 4 Mick? Hope its not because there's only 4 vans in the picture!
2 of my franchisees run 2 man vans and I have more than 4 vans on the road Mick. Another 2 starting in April, our own canvassing department, premises, and another business running using our window cleaning database.
I have used one of your comments Mick from a few years ago as a bit of a driving force these last few years so would like to thank you for that. It's amazing where you take a window cleaning business with a bit of hard graft.
My boom time was when I didn't have to clean windows again if I didn't want too.

Mick Kent

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2016, 09:50:46 pm »
Then fair play to you. Good to hear success.

NWH

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2016, 10:40:31 pm »
How much is he earning 4 vans 10 vans what's it earning a month.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2016, 11:00:36 pm »
I am assuming what they turnover a day - the %

Most seem to take 20%

So on a £250 day % = £50 turnover

10 vans 500£ a day turnover..........?

All guess work.

NWH

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2016, 11:19:44 pm »
With that income he's still going to be paying 40% tax would it not be easier to have 2 vans 1 in each doing 300 each and taking £300 a day for running it,go to be less hassle and more managable.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2016, 07:42:49 am »
With that income he's still going to be paying 40% tax would it not be easier to have 2 vans 1 in each doing 300 each and taking £300 a day for running it,go to be less hassle and more managable.

I don't know what they actually earn. If it was smooth and no hassle once setup. Id be happy with £200 a day for doing absolutely nothing.

You only pay tax on the % they give you.

So if one does 500£ in. A day. You ain't declaring £500.

Plus you would have to be VAT registered as income I am guessing would be more than 80k

Tom-01

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2016, 07:57:44 am »
It obviously works as people do it, successfully.

http://www.fwcfranchise.com

Longer term I think its best.

Dave Willis

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2016, 07:58:39 am »
Don't the Franchisees pay tax? Wouldn't you then avoid VAT and all the hassle normal employees encounter like sick pay, insurance etc?

Tom-01

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2016, 08:07:52 am »
Don't the Franchisees pay tax? Wouldn't you then avoid VAT and all the hassle normal employees encounter like sick pay, insurance etc?

They work independently, but trade under your company name with a licence, which I believe is normally 5 years with an option to re-new. Ie Wayne Rooney T/A Dave Willis Window Cleaning. He uses your name, logo, and works to your standards - you provide the work and he pays a royalty to you.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2016, 10:32:47 am »
If your interested in earning as much as you can NOW, then franchising is probably not for you. If you would like a relatively hassle free life in say 5 years time earning a good living without getting out of bed, but can sacrifice short term good earnings NOW, then franchising IS for you. I have a 10 year plan, im half way there. Re investing business profits back into it will accelerate its growth and give me a very healthy income in the future. New vans and fancy cars are on hold, more customers and more happy franchisees are the 'one thing' im concentrating on. Franchise royalty payments help fund the canvassing team who in turn generate more monthly turnover which then generates more royalty payments. Now imagine earning royalty on £50,000 every 4 weeks!

sunshine windows

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2016, 11:45:52 am »
What are your plans when the royalties are in excess of the VAT threshold David? Are you already registered?
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2016, 01:56:31 pm »
I'm living for today not 20 odd years down the line I have seen so many people have bad news or lose people this last couple of years it makes you think about things a bit more,if I want something and  it won't cause sleepless nights I'll have it life is to short.

Mick Kent

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2016, 02:12:02 pm »
What i dont get is the need for a unit, surely to lower runnng costs even more you can do without it as franchisees should fill up at there own place or with di systems in vans or do you have them pay you a fee for water??if so good idea but does it cover needing a unit to say your the big i am??. I dont get you saying not botherd about running new vans to pump the spare money back in yet you have a unit that would cost the same as leasing 3 or 4 new vans a month which seems Madness.

Sorry if sounds like im a negative, im actualy interested in it as was thinking about it a while back.

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2016, 02:17:56 pm »
I have never understood why a person would invest say £10-12k franchising a domestic window cleaning round off joe blogs window cleaning and then pay them 20% .
minus your tax and expenses you would be clearing  for around  50% to basically clean someone else's work.

I know a few on here are making a success of it and fair play to them  I respect that.

But I struggle to see why people thinking of franchising  would not invest that money in them selfs.

With franchise  in other sectors your buying in to a national house hold name like Mc Donald's ,Dominos, etc but to franchise off a small relatively unknown company  I struggle to see why when with a bit of research and finance you can do it your self and own the whole lot.