a900

Pine needle gutter tool
« on: February 16, 2020, 12:58:42 pm »
Hello,

https://www.spinaclean.com/catalog/product/view/id/240/s/skyvac-hi-flow-end-tool/category/23/

The video on the website looks good. Know it’s going to be optimised conditions for the video but wondered if anyone has had experience with this tube of attachment?

We have a number of annual jobs with pine needles where vacuuming is the only safe option. So currently vacuuming is a lot slower than normal clearing work due to blockages.  But if I tool like this could drop an hour off each job it’s savings are well worth the money. Just wondering if others have this tool or something similar? Could imagine it straightens out the needles into the same direction meaning they flow to the vac better 

Stoots

Re: Pine needle gutter tool
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 01:45:18 pm »
Looks good

with nice dry pine needles..... ::)roll

TomCrowther

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 01:56:26 pm »
Video doesn't show real world gutter situation. No tiles, full access etc. I won't be buying one.

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 02:11:57 pm »
Never had a problem removing pine needles from a gutter using normal ends we did hundreds of meters of this on a hotel complex every year , just use a 2 inch end in the gutter never get a blockage

Nick Day

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 02:19:02 pm »
Here's a tip which we used. Take your thinnest ( so it fits any gutter) nozzle tool, gaffa tape a dining fork at right angles (so it points along the gutter) don't bother to connect to vacuum, bend the fork prongs so they point along the gutter, walk along and flick them all out and vacuum off the ground, It will save you a lot of time. Obviously vac out remainder in gutter.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 02:28:12 pm »
And what did you do with  all the cr@p you’ve just pulled out and left lying on the floor etc...  ???

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 03:21:35 pm »
Here's a tip which we used. Take your thinnest ( so it fits any gutter) nozzle tool, gaffa tape a dining fork at right angles (so it points along the gutter) don't bother to connect to vacuum, bend the fork prongs so they point along the gutter, walk along and flick them all out and vacuum off the ground, It will save you a lot of time. Obviously vac out remainder in gutter.

Or buy a skyvac interceptor and use the blow  function instead of the suction

a900

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 05:02:35 pm »
Looks good

with nice dry pine needles..... ::)roll

Exactly. Which is why I wondered if anyone had any experience using it

a900

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 05:04:10 pm »
And what did you do with  all the cr@p you’ve just pulled out and left lying on the floor etc...  ???

Darran
Have to agree. That’s just not an option. Still have to clean the mess up. Or it’s above a conservatory or not accessable by ladder. For me vacuuming the pine needles is the only option.

a900

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2020, 05:06:49 pm »

Now that is a bit of kit. Saw that the other day and wondered if it’s available from any other manufacturers in different industry’s. Basically a stripped down carpet cleaning truck mount machine

How does it compare to other vacs you’ve used?

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2020, 05:21:52 pm »

Now that is a bit of kit. Saw that the other day and wondered if it’s available from any other manufacturers in different industry’s. Basically a stripped down carpet cleaning truck mount machine

How does it compare to other vacs you’ve used?

It’s an excellent piece of kit ,we do a lot of large commercial and having just the one machine rather than a vac and genie is so much quicker and easier , suction is the same as the industrial 85 , it is a bit noisy though but that gets others looking to see what’s going on and brings in a lot of other jobs    😂😂

a900

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2020, 06:39:25 pm »
Is that a numatic wvd900 to the right. How does it compare? That’s what I currently use so easiest for me to understand the difference.

Yeah I get you not lugging a generator 2.

[
It’s an excellent piece of kit ,we do a lot of large commercial and having just the one machine rather than a vac and genie is so much quicker and easier , suction is the same as the industrial 85 , it is a bit noisy though but that gets others looking to see what’s going on and brings in a lot of other jobs    😂😂

Splash & dash

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2020, 11:43:46 pm »
Is that a numatic wvd900 to the right. How does it compare? That’s what I currently use so easiest for me to understand the difference.

Yeah I get you not lugging a generator 2.

[

It’s a Grippatank vac we use that for small shops and backs of properties that we have to go through due to no access , it’s a good vac but nothing compared to the interceptor 😂😂

Tom-01

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2020, 10:31:14 am »
We got the pine needle tool.

It’s not bad, for pine needles and small twigs it is a bit better than a normal end tool.

The thinner bit at the top I find is a bit too thin, as we have had blockages in it.

The test will be a big job we have next week which has a ridiculous amount of pine trees round the back of the block. I’ll let you know how we get on with it.

We have the industrial 85 machine.

a900

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2020, 11:13:41 am »

It’s not bad, for pine needles and small twigs it is a bit better than a normal end tool.

The thinner bit at the top I find is a bit too thin, as we have had blockages in it.

The test will be a big job we have next week which has a ridiculous amount of pine trees round the back of the block. I’ll let you know how we get on with it.

This is exactly what I was after. Someone who has used that exact tool. What diameter is the thinner part?

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2020, 05:11:21 pm »
We have done 150 meters of guttering on a nursing home today deep box alloy gutters full to the brim with pine needles moss and ,plant growth ,leaves , just used the normal end tool no blockages at all was a pig if a job and took 6 hours in total , removed over 500 ltr of dirt from the gutters 😬😬😬

Tom-01

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2020, 11:30:33 pm »

This is exactly what I was after. Someone who has used that exact tool. What diameter is the thinner part?

Not sure off the top of my head, but it is thinner than the normal end tool as I have had to put some tape around the top of it so it wedges into the pipe/tube at the end of the top pole.

We have the 31mm diameter poles, perhaps it would work better with the 50mm poles?

Tom-01

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 11:31:22 pm »
We have done 150 meters of guttering on a nursing home today deep box alloy gutters full to the brim with pine needles moss and ,plant growth ,leaves , just used the normal end tool no blockages at all was a pig if a job and took 6 hours in total , removed over 500 ltr of dirt from the gutters 😬😬😬

Nice job 👍

Tom-01

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2020, 10:43:03 am »
So I’ve just realised that the pine needle tool is compatible with the skyvac elite poles, which are 52mm.

I have just ordered 8 of those poles with the correct rigid neck. So I think it will work a lot better with the new set up.

I’ll let you know how we get on next week.

Splash & dash

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2020, 08:18:07 pm »
So I’ve just realised that the pine needle tool is compatible with the skyvac elite poles, which are 52mm.

I have just ordered 8 of those poles with the correct rigid neck. So I think it will work a lot better with the new set up.

I’ll let you know how we get on next week.

The problem with the pine needle end is it won’t fit in a gutter with any tile overhang  we have the elite poles and the normal end tools skyvac provide and is far have found them to be very good especially the carbon ridgid neck