dawnwallis

cleaner moonlighting
« on: May 25, 2010, 09:25:13 am »
One of my cleaners has been moonlighting, she said she was just doing friends and family but then she told me she had placed an advertisement, she has cut her days from 5 to 2, she is a really good worker and i am not surprised she is getting the work but I feel there is a conflict of interest here, tho she does not as she says she does not want to employ people or create a business, what do you guys think?

cleaning-team

Re: cleaner moonlighting
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 09:30:16 am »
What does your contract of employment say?

BDCS

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 07:42:05 pm »
What do you think ? Has it affected what she does for you ? I went part time for 2 years before I left my proper job but I still did a good job for them

martin19842

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 08:52:55 pm »
hi there

you should have a clause in the employment contract that restricts the employee from working for any of your clients or past clients over the past 12 months.  at the same time in the terms and conditions that you have with your clients, states that they are not allowed to employ knowigly any of your staff.

the problem that you have is that some cleaners will always be cleaners, others will imrpove themselves and they will then work for themselves or run their own company.

it is the way of the world.

regards

Martin

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 08:12:27 am »
Its life, thats what happens. Accept it gracefully otherwise you will be the loser in the long run.

MAX Carpets

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 04:42:07 pm »
Anyone have a copy of terms of employment? Please could I see a copy? maxcarpets@hotmail.co.uk

Regards

J

newbroom

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 05:27:13 pm »
Protect your business. Look at it logically from her point of view

Earn £6 or £7 ph with you or earn hourly  rate set by herself.Bet its not all being declared either.

You will lose this person once they have found work to replace the 2 days she's working for you. I can't agree with accepting gracefully once you accept something it becomes the standard by which measure is taken.

Do you have other staff what signals is this sending out to them. She is no longer your employee she is an competitor that changed the moment she placed adverts.

Don't fluff around get rid of her.

Paolo

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 09:04:16 am »
Protect your business. Look at it logically from her point of view

Earn £6 or £7 ph with you or earn hourly  rate set by herself.Bet its not all being declared either.

You will lose this person once they have found work to replace the 2 days she's working for you. I can't agree with accepting gracefully once you accept something it becomes the standard by which measure is taken.

Do you have other staff what signals is this sending out to them. She is no longer your employee she is an competitor that changed the moment she placed adverts.

Don't fluff around get rid of her.

Some massive sweeping statements there! ( excuse the pun )

Plus, how do you just get rid of her? Emplyment law might have something to say about that.

What exactly has she done wrong?

If she was stealing his customers, that would be different but she is not.

newbroom

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 06:55:44 pm »
Where are the sweeping statements. The employees has acquired skills, knoweldge etc obtained while working for Dawn. Do you honestly believe her loyalty lies with her employer. Get her out of your business it is not healthy

Paolo

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 08:32:57 am »
Where are the sweeping statements. The employees has acquired skills, knoweldge etc obtained while working for Dawn. Do you honestly believe her loyalty lies with her employer. Get her out of your business it is not healthy

Tax not being paid etc etc.

Answer my other questions. How do you get rid of her?

People gain skills throughout their lives and move on, that is fact.

newbroom

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 08:04:26 pm »
There should be a restrictive covenant in her contract. That should deal with employment side of things. Yes people gain skills and move on , yet this woman hasn't moved. She is still in situ and that poses an conflict of interest. 

So how would you deal with it Paolo, so far you have picked holes in my posts without offering any solutions to the original question.

Paolo

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 08:40:51 am »
There should be a restrictive covenant in her contract. That should deal with employment side of things. Yes people gain skills and move on , yet this woman hasn't moved. She is still in situ and that poses an conflict of interest. 

So how would you deal with it Paolo, so far you have picked holes in my posts without offering any solutions to the original question.

I'd voice my concerns to her and see how she responds. You can't just go round sacking people if they haven't breached their contract.

Treat it as an experience and tighten up employment contract for future employees.

Be much more prepared for this in the future as you can't change what has already happened.