suffolkclean

How much for Office Cleaning
« on: January 15, 2010, 04:04:38 pm »
We've been asked to quote for office clean 2 hrs per night - Monday-Friday I'd be interested to hear how much some of you would charge we want to be competitive & get this.
Do you give figure as a monthly figure?
What about Bank Holidays etc?
Please help  ::)
Many Thanks
Barbara

Nick Head

Re: How much for Office Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 07:57:52 pm »

Barbara

If you email me (see my profile) I will send you a formula and a methodology on how o compile a quote.

Nick
Nicholas Head
Cleaning Intelligence

Pristine Clean

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 08:42:36 pm »
Hi Nick,

Could I be cheeky and ask for one as well?

I looked at the production rates - superb.

Cheers

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

richywilts

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 10:37:48 pm »
hi nick could you send me one too please my email is richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk

many thanks
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

MadisonWood

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 10:43:43 pm »
Hi,

Could I see a copy too?  ;D ;D

madison.wood1@googlemail.com

Nick Head

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 11:11:26 pm »

Hi

Email sent to you all - any further help and advice please come back to me

Nick
Nicholas Head
Cleaning Intelligence

Pj

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 11:22:11 pm »
email requested, Nick

Thanks in advance

robert eyres

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 08:00:28 pm »
Hi Nick, would it be possible for me to have a copy too

cdicleaning@live.co.uk

many thanks, Robert

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 08:14:32 pm »
Hi nick yes please customcleaners@ntlworld.com
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Daria Taylor

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 12:21:35 am »
could i have it too please, it's somehing i'm looking at very strongly this year, so will definatelly come handy
daria-taylor@live.co.uk

thanks alot in advance,

regards
dash t

suffolkclean

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 08:23:15 am »
Very suprised on the contract cleaning part of this forum only 1 person offers to help! Diane is asking for a seperate section for office cleaning but why bother when people ask for help & others are choosing not to.  :-\ Thanks again Nick for taking the time to email me.

Pristine Clean

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 09:36:12 am »
suffolk clean,

Yes you are right. I agree. And feel totally ashamed of myself. If I had a tail it would be between my legs.

I totally forgot to add that bit in as Nick is a great lad for iinformation and he is new here. There should be more like him.

Anyways heres my calculation.

If you want a break down I am happy to do so. Also remember I have not added in in admin charge for invoicing, petrol/travel costs. Spot checks for supervisor or toilet rolls, paper towels etc...

Monthly cost £382.74
Yearly £4592.93

I hope this helps

Dave

"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

BDCS

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 10:09:20 am »
Dave - do you go as far as Folkestone ? Its a big factory thats just been took over and they are putting the office and toilets cleaning out to tender -

Nick Head

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 10:11:15 am »

Hi

Thanks for the nice feedback - I am going to redo the spreadsheet as it needs a bit more explanation for newcomers etc...

I will forward to you all when I have completed it

Thanks

Nick
Nicholas Head
Cleaning Intelligence

BDCS

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 10:24:02 am »
I would also like to jump on the bandwagon if I very kindly may - I don't do any office cleaning but the pricing structure would be of interest. I do allsorts and just being myself means I just earn less should I make an error but when I need staff I will have to be on the ball.

suffolkclean

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 11:14:08 am »
Many Thanks Dave  ;D  If you could break it down for me so I can see how you came to that figure I would really appreciate it.

Barbara

MTMARYT

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 12:10:35 pm »
Hi
 I would be interested to see the breakdown also, and Nick I would be gratefull if you could email me a copy of your spreadsheet also.

Many thanks

enquiries@allwaysservices.co.uk
Mary T

garyfindlay

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 01:20:58 pm »
Nick,

could you please send me a copy?

info@elitecleaningsolutions.co.uk

Pristine Clean

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 01:35:27 pm »
Dave - do you go as far as Folkestone ? Its a big factory thats just been took over and they are putting the office and toilets cleaning out to tender -

Hi bdcs,

I dont have any work over there. Its not that I would not go that far, The contract has to be worth while..
I did tender for a contract in Ashford. But the travel cost alone as they wanted a supervisor visits etc were expensive.

Suffolk clean I will do a break down later as I am sorting out our new Vivaro van

Dave

Pristine Clean

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 02:24:55 pm »
The break down,

What I have done here is for the first time is using Nicks Spread sheet he kindly sent over as a test. I must say it work out ok, but like I said you would need to add on Supervisor visits, travel, admin and other overheads you may have.

Its like anything, if you want it, it comes down to Price. Go in lower if you really want it. And throw in some services the others are not offering.

We win alot of contracts just because we throw in freebies. like liquid soap, air freshener or window cleaning at a very huge discounted rate. We have WFP and tradition cleaning systems and even Carpet cleaning.

If you want to be competitive with the BIG Boys you need a large number of contracts. Most on there own are making a loss. But overall are onto a winner. The large companies spread running the cost over several contracts.

Once again you will win it on Price and what you are offering. You need to be the lowest priced and have the better specification.

Rate of Pay                                     £5.85
Number hours per week                    10
Nett Employment Costs                    £58.50
% Allowance Employment On costs    10%
Weekly Employment Costs                    £64.35
Annual Cost   
Nett Annual Cost (x 52 weeks)   £3,346.20
Holiday Pay   
Number of weeks   4.0
Holiday Pay Cost    £257.40
Gross Annual Labour Costs                   £3,603.60
Gross Monthly Labour Costs (GLC)   £300.30

Cost of Equipment                                  £100
Contract Term                                 12
Monthly Allowance                                 £8.33

Cost of Cleaning Consumables    
Percentage (of GLC)   2.50%
Monthly Cost                                 £7.51

Other Costs (Uniforms, Insurance etc)   
Percentage (of GLC)   2.00%
Monthly Cost                                 £6.01

Net Monthly Cost of the Contract   £322.15
Profit Percentage   19%
Monthly Profit Margin                  £59.60
Monthly Contract Price                 £381.74
Annual Contract Price                  £4,580.93

Nick Head

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 03:05:09 pm »

Hi

All I am remodeling the spreadsheet with more explanation of what cost goes where and how to calculate a the final cost etc.

The Spreadsheet is a bit too basic, I will resend it out to you all within the next day or so.

Thanks

Nick
Nicholas Head
Cleaning Intelligence

Pristine Clean

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 05:58:54 pm »
Suffolk

I would be intersted to see how much you would price it up for?

Dave

Steve Lowe

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2010, 07:36:59 pm »
Hi Nick

Could you e mail me a copy please  ;)

stevelowe@lowescleaning.com

Steve
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

Lowes Cleaning Services Limited
www.lowescleaning.com

suffolkclean

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2010, 07:42:25 pm »
God Dave don't put me under that kind of pressure  :P I'll visit the place tomorrow & find out exactly whats required.
If they generally have monday-friday cleans is it silly to ask 'do you want a clean on a bank holiday'? or do I automatically factor this in? suppose the only way to see where BH falls is referring to diary - am I right or am I making it too complicated (cos it seems it) ??? ;D

Nick Head

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2010, 07:45:38 pm »

Hi

I have emailed you with an explanation which should help re Bank Holiday and the other questions

Nick
Nicholas Head
Cleaning Intelligence

Pristine Clean

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2010, 07:12:52 am »
God Dave don't put me under that kind of pressure  :P I'll visit the place tomorrow & find out exactly whats required.
If they generally have monday-friday cleans is it silly to ask 'do you want a clean on a bank holiday'? or do I automatically factor this in? suppose the only way to see where BH falls is referring to diary - am I right or am I making it too complicated (cos it seems it) ??? ;D

No presure.

It all depends if you are working for yourself or you are running a business. If you were doing the cleaning then its alot of profit.

If you thought that was minimal profit. Let me tell you this. We had a large one off clean to do. A big furniture building. Over 3 levels warehouse. Wew do window cleaning but were pushed with time so I subbed the windows out.

I got a few quotes in and a large national window cleaning company quoted me and showed me their break down. They also subbed the work.

So I subbed it to them, they then sub it to someone else. The window cleaning was around £700 mark. Their markup was like £15 quid.

So thats presure! How do they earn?

As to bank hols I put that in. As you have to pay your staff. Wether in or not. But if they are in you need to give them extra for working...

Dave

suffolkclean

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 02:36:04 pm »
Hi Dave & Nick
Just got back, they don't want me to include cleaning on bank holidays, we to supply vacuum,mops, cleaning things. Then show extra cost to clean the tea towels 1/2 times a week and an extra cost to supply sanitary towel box in ladies & have it emptied. we currentlt pay £6.50 hr to cleaners as its as & when required work, I think to be competetive we need to pay £6 but can't reduce wages?
Barbara

dianegreenwood

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 04:28:42 pm »
Hi Barbara

I'm sure I replied to this post already but my answer disappeared  :o

I think you've now had better advice than I could have given but one tip is to always ask the client what they are currently paying when you do the walk round.  Most will tell you and it makes it a lot easier because sometimes you have to accept you just can't compete. 

If it helps, we charge £12 to £15 per hour with no charge for bank holidays.  Any lower than that and we'd have to pay peanuts and get monkeys ;D  However, we don't have any office contracts over 25 hours per week so we're going for the small clients rather than trying to compete with the big boys.

Cheers

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk

Pristine Clean

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2010, 04:52:08 pm »
Hi Dave & Nick
Just got back, they don't want me to include cleaning on bank holidays, we to supply vacuum,mops, cleaning things. Then show extra cost to clean the tea towels 1/2 times a week and an extra cost to supply sanitary towel box in ladies & have it emptied. we currentlt pay £6.50 hr to cleaners as its as & when required work, I think to be competetive we need to pay £6 but can't reduce wages?
Barbara

Hi Barbara,

The sanitary bins at cost price and to have them emptied on a 12 months contract, 12 visits per year at cost would be around £75.00 per year. You wont get involved in that except organise it and sub it as you need a Waste Transfer Note and a licenced waste carrier. If you need a contractor let me know. You can add a £10 - 15 pounds on.

We would throw in the cleaning of the tea towels for free

Er
What do you mean here
"we currentlt pay £6.50 hr to cleaners as its as & when required work" Is it that you dont have them full time, just as and when you need help?

If so if you ask them and say you have regular work they may work for the £6.00 Just draw up a contract. Its a different position. Just Move them over and change there job title.

Or leave them on £6.50 and take a little less out the contract as its only £5.00 per week .. if I have done the math right.

Grab it while you can.

Just a thought here:

Do they have existing cleaners? If so TUPE will play a big part - they need to transfer over

If not why not hire differtent staff - and pay them £6.00 - you cover while you find the staff

Dave

suffolkclean

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 05:48:57 pm »
Dave - I was thinking all the things you've mentioned regards to wages - in your experience for office cleaning do you generally pay £6 per hr. To be competetive & make a profit I think this is what we have to pay.
We have a cleaner at the moment who is very good, shes not yet had her contract of employment but has been taken on at £6.50 hr.

Nick Head

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2010, 05:59:17 pm »
Barbara,

Dave has covered most things in his reply. As to the rate of pay this is your call, you can pay our staff £6 ph or take a hit and pay them £6.50. Personally I would pay £6.00ph, as you would be reducing your conributions to overheads and profit by atleast £250 pa.

Re TUPE this has caught us all out in the past and worth checking out the link I sent you. It is not a problem as long as you are sensible and follow the guidelines.

Naturally if you need any more assistance - either drop me a line or call me.

The revised spreadsheet is nearly finished with more guidance and will be finished tonight.

Nick

Nicholas Head
Cleaning Intelligence

Pristine Clean

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 06:09:16 pm »
We do find that if we need to compete with some really big boys we need to hire new staff on the minimim wage.

If the contract is near the Town Centre then you should not have an issue in finding staff. If they need to travel by car then you will need to pay a little extra to entice them.

Like I said before some contracts are making a loss, or breaking even but overall combined contracts then there is a good profit.

Obviously not knowing all ins and outs, this is what I would do,

Cover the contract until you can hire new staff at £6.00 or even min wage
Throw in a Free teatowel service. - If this is required you need to know how many teatowels per week. Normally you give the cleaner a few quid extra to wash them /  iron them
Give them a quote for the sani bin as low as possible. - Sometimes we just add £5 on top.

Work out you materials, chemicals. - I dont know if you actually use the correct dilution rates. But if you dont then start. You will be amazed at how much you save. - You can get squirters for the 5 litre cans.

Also look for an alternative cleaning chemical that will be cheaper than the one you are using. It all adds up at the end of the year.

You could even change the vaccum you are using. Henrys cost around £100, truvox valet only cost us around £50.00. But the cable is not as long.

You have to way it all up.

You either want it.... or you dont.

Dave

Pristine Clean

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2010, 06:11:30 pm »
Barbara,

Dave has covered most things in his reply. As to the rate of pay this is your call, you can pay our staff £6 ph or take a hit and pay them £6.50. Personally I would pay £6.00ph, as you would be reducing your conributions to overheads and profit by atleast £250 pa.

Re TUPE this has caught us all out in the past and worth checking out the link I sent you. It is not a problem as long as you are sensible and follow the guidelines.

Naturally if you need any more assistance - either drop me a line or call me.

The revised spreadsheet is nearly finished with more guidance and will be finished tonight.

Nick

Nick,

I wont sleep until I get the revised copy. Can you tell I am eager....really really really eager.

Dave

suffolkclean

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2010, 06:15:47 pm »
I can't thank you enough for all your help & advice on this - its been great - I'll let you know how we get on.

Nick Head

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2010, 09:53:34 pm »

Hi

I have resent the spreadsheet to you all - hopefully it is clearer and of use

Anyone I have missed please let me know

Regards

Nick
Nicholas Head
Cleaning Intelligence

Pj

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2010, 10:03:10 pm »
Hi Nick

I did send you an email request

Thanks
Pj

starplus

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2010, 12:39:32 pm »
Hi Nick,
can I please have a copy .

slb0078@yahoo.co.uk

Many Thanks
Sergio

robert eyres

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 08:15:33 pm »
Thanks Nick

nat1

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2010, 08:21:00 pm »
Hi Nick, could you please send me a copy of the spreadsheet?  many thanks Natalie. natalie@brooklandscleaningservices.com

Freddie Eureka

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2010, 10:26:28 am »
Nick, May I have a copy, pls

fue@hotmail.co.uk
A Consistently Good Service

starplus

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2010, 01:40:51 pm »
Thanks Nick,

Kind Regards

Robert Parry

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2010, 03:09:22 pm »
Hi Barbara, and all!

I have resisted the urge to reply before now, as I wanted to see where the thread was actually going!

The opinions expressed within this post are entirely my own, and are not intended to offend anyone :)

Barbara, in you first post, you stated that you have been asked to quote for a job that is 2 hrs per night, 5 nights per week.

My first thought would have been, how has this prospect reached the conclusion that 2 hrs per night is sufficient to obtain the required standard of cleaning?

Is the prospective client actually happy with the level of service being obtained at the present time?

Is the client looking to save money?

Are all the cleaning tasks that they expect to be carried out, actually being carried out?

The number of employee's, visitors, density of the premises, layout, floors, access etc all have to be considered before arriving at an estimated cleaning time.

It is a certainty, that your prospect has no real idea of how long his/her building will take to clean, thats why they have contracted the job out! Most client's during the survey will confirm this when they tell you, " it's just a quick hoover and dust in here" or something very similair!

It really does pay to be a good listener!

No disrespect to Dave intended "Once again you will win it on Price and what you are offering. You need to be the lowest priced and have the better specification."

But this is quite simply wrong! The more tasks that any cleaner undertakes, the longer the overall time the whole job will take to complete, so the more detailed specification will have to be more expensive to allow for the extra labour required.

The only time this principle does not hold true, is when the buildings size, layout or material types (floors etc) lend themselves to mechanical cleaning aids, such as scrubbers etc. Serious labour savings can be acheived, but then you have the cost of machinery, purchase, lease and maintenance etc.

I am  sure what Dave actually meant to say was " You need to be very competitive on price, adding extra value and offer an acceptable specification"

I am not entirely sure what the spreadsheet is that NIck has been sending out, but from what I have read it's purpose seems to be to take into account all of the expenses incurred on a particular account (sorry Nick if this is wrong!). This is no bad thing, seeing the figures in black and white can help clarify the situation enormously, and Dave quite rightly again points out some further financials that should not be forgotten when submitting the final quotation.

Dave also, very helpfully points out that if you are doing the work yourself you can issue a really attractive price to your potential customers, however, if you actually want to run a business, with employee's etc, again your pricing would need adjusting!

If, after your survey, you feel that you can clean the building to the client's requirements in the stated 2 hours, and you actually want to run a proper business with bona fide employee's and comply with the current legislation I would suggest a charge of £560 per month or if you really need the work I would suggest a lowest price of £520 per month.

However, if you plan to take on the work yourself I would suggest a monthly price of £400 to £450.

You will, no doubt, have noticed all 4 of the given prices exceed those proposed by Dave, by a considerable margin, this is because I have taken into account all the expenses that will be incurred during the contract, whilst maintaining an acceptable profit.

I would also advise on buying only good quality commercial equipment, not henry hoovers or indeed the valet, good equipment properly maintained, clean filters, regular bag changes etc will reap didvidends long term, same goes for chemicals, quality counts.

Daves observation that some contracts run at break even or a loss is again correct, but in my opinion every contract must be run at a profit, plimsoll estimate that 12 of the major cleaning companies in this country are in serious trouble, profit, not turnover is all that matters in the world of commerce, cleaning included!

Regards,

Rob

A world of difference....

suffolkclean

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2010, 05:53:43 pm »
Hi Rob

Many thanks for your comments & I after looking into the figures the others advised me to go in at, my husband & I decided that wasn't enough as far as we were concerned under £10 is really low. I'm sure the others have the experience to make this work for them with lots of other contracts.

I won't be doing the work myself, I have indeed gone in at a rate between your 2 figures sugested & showed extras for sanitary disposal & tea towels as requested.

The office manager has had cleaners for 3 years & has lots of complaints with them, he's also tried hiring his own cleaners which obviously didn't work out. He handed me a list with a cleaning checklish 'damp wipe the pipework' etc so he is very fussy which is fine but will be high maintenance for us which we are happy to oblige at the right price. He did mention 1.5 hrs per might so I expect this is whats being done at the moment.

I'm sure many will choke at the price quoted but I'm glad this is the price you've recommended.
Barbara

Pj

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2010, 06:10:00 pm »
Excellent post Robert!

I've been reading this with interest, and swatting up on other threads on the subject and I have found a lot is said without giving anything away.  Thanks for such helpful comments Robert.

I've just gone in on a job at the higher end that Robert is suggesting.  It's nail biting to start with, but once you get onto the job of cleaning you quickly start wishing you'd gone a little higher! 

Trouble with cleaning is that there's always a little bit more to do.

Regards
Pj

Scotbrite

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2010, 06:27:33 pm »
Hi Nick,
If its not to late may i request a copy of your spreadsheet as well,

Many Thanks in advance,

Ron

ron_ireland@hotmail.com

Nick Head

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2010, 12:16:17 am »

Re Robert's post

Thanks for your feedback and I agree with most of your points - but unfortunately you (and maybe others) missed the major point of the spreadsheet. The Principle is very simple in order to set a price in it is essential you understand what your costs are. A simple premise but offen ignored.

Hope this clarifies

Nick

Nicholas Head
Cleaning Intelligence

Pj

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2010, 09:17:31 am »
Very good Nick

That's the point I got from your helpful spreadsheet, make sure of costs.

Thanks Pj

suffolkclean

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2010, 09:57:51 am »
It was VERY useful & easy to follow, now I can clearly see how it is all worked out & will use this formula in the future.
B

Pristine Clean

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2010, 10:27:34 am »
Rob,

What can I say your post always make you shine. Where are my shades.  8)

Yes superb. And indeed you are right.

Its difficult on pricing. Everyones running costs are different. I could earn out of my price buts its minimal.

We do have a fair few office contracts where we have found by talking to our clients at present Price plays a very important part.

We do often go in high price and generally get a call from them asking - "We are interested in you providing the service except the price is higher than everyone else"

We even get to see the other quotations provided by the other cleaning companies.

So we do a few things, we either lower or match the price if we can earn from it. Or work out schedule of cleaning the building to make the price lower.

This bit Rob has come accross wrong. Sorry and you are right once again and no offence taken...honest. ;D

No disrespect to Dave intended "Once again you will win it on Price and what you are offering. You need to be the lowest priced and have the better specification."

But this is quite simply wrong! The more tasks that any cleaner undertakes, the longer the overall time the whole job will take to complete, so the more detailed specification will have to be more expensive to allow for the extra labour required.

I did not mean that you have to lose money, or give away free time. And yes labour has to be paid for by the client. What I meant was if you could offer a better specification at a more attracted price whilst maintaining a high standard.

For example a tradition window cleaner would take longer than a window cleaner using WFP as no ladders to push up and down. So could do the job quicker at possibly a lower price and could possibly offer a better standard.

There are many ways you can organise cleaning rotas, various ways to clean using certain products, machines, even the way you clean can possibly save money. If you can reduce labour costs while acheiving a better standard of cleaning  and gaining more in profit then I think you are onto a winner which can be done.

PJ

As for "nothing being given away" there is nothing to give away. Robert himself has not given anything away. They are just very common considerations that must be taken into account. They set the foundations of any contract in the cleaning industry.

cheers

Dave

just gleaming

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2010, 04:58:32 pm »
Hi Nick

Could please send me one thanks

Julie      justgleaming@ntlworld.com

cannon

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2010, 07:21:53 pm »
Hi Nick

Your probably sick but if its not to much trouble could you email me a copy as well.

karleyfox@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

cleaning-team

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2010, 09:53:18 pm »
Hi Barbara, and all!

I have resisted the urge to reply before now, as I wanted to see where the thread was actually going!

The opinions expressed within this post are entirely my own, and are not intended to offend anyone :)

Barbara, in you first post, you stated that you have been asked to quote for a job that is 2 hrs per night, 5 nights per week.

My first thought would have been, how has this prospect reached the conclusion that 2 hrs per night is sufficient to obtain the required standard of cleaning?

Is the prospective client actually happy with the level of service being obtained at the present time?

Are all the cleaning tasks that they expect to be carried out, actually being carried out?

The number of employee's, visitors, density of the premises, layout, floors, access etc all have to be considered before arriving at an estimated cleaning time.

It is a certainty, that your prospect has no real idea of how long his/her building will take to clean, thats why they have contracted the job out! Most client's during the survey will confirm this when they tell you, " it's just a quick hoover and dust in here" or something very similair!

The only time this principle does not hold true, is when the buildings size, layout or material types (floors etc) lend themselves to mechanical cleaning aids, such as scrubbers etc. Serious labour savings can be acheived, but then you have the cost of machinery, purchase, lease and maintenance etc.

I am  sure what Dave actually meant to say was " You need to be very competitive on price, adding extra value and offer an acceptable specification"

I am not entirely sure what the spreadsheet is that NIck has been sending out, but from what I have read it's purpose seems to be to take into account all of the expenses incurred on a particular account (sorry Nick if this is wrong!). This is no bad thing, seeing the figures in black and white can help clarify the situation enormously, and Dave quite rightly again points out some further financials that should not be forgotten when submitting the final quotation.

Dave also, very helpfully points out that if you are doing the work yourself you can issue a really attractive price to your potential customers, however, if you actually want to run a business, with employee's etc, again your pricing would need adjusting!

If, after your survey, you feel that you can clean the building to the client's requirements in the stated 2 hours, and you actually want to run a proper business with bona fide employee's and comply with the current legislation I would suggest a charge of £560 per month or if you really need the work I would suggest a lowest price of £520 per month.

However, if you plan to take on the work yourself I would suggest a monthly price of £400 to £450.

You will, no doubt, have noticed all 4 of the given prices exceed those proposed by Dave, by a considerable margin, this is because I have taken into account all the expenses that will be incurred during the contract, whilst maintaining an acceptable profit.

I would also advise on buying only good quality commercial equipment, not henry hoovers or indeed the valet, good equipment properly maintained, clean filters, regular bag changes etc will reap didvidends long term, same goes for chemicals, quality counts.

Daves observation that some contracts run at break even or a loss is again correct, but in my opinion every contract must be run at a profit, plimsoll estimate that 12 of the major cleaning companies in this country are in serious trouble, profit, not turnover is all that matters in the world of commerce, cleaning included!

Regards,

Rob

This is one of the best posts I have read in here in a long time and should be made a sticky - some great advice for all, new and old!

jonsruby

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2010, 08:53:32 am »
Please check my website for that. There you get all information regarding pricing and other cleaning tips. click here.

Goldfinch PCS

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2010, 09:01:07 pm »

Barbara

If you email me (see my profile) I will send you a formula and a methodology on how o compile a quote.

Nick

Could I have a copy as well please, sir?

Many thanks
Goldfinch PCS
0800 612 9244
LTT PROmite(Altec) Member of - IICRC
www.goldfinchpcs.co.uk

Goldfinch PCS

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2010, 09:43:59 pm »
Hi Barbara, and all!

Regards,

Rob

Thank you oh great one for this very valid contribution. Up until I read this thread I thought mad mad mad, this can't be where the industry is going! Listen to this guy and you will never go wrong. THANK YOU SO MUCH ROB, THANK YOU

Why does anyone run contracts at a lost? Why should anyone?

Listen, Cleaning is seen as the least important task by most facility managers or business owners or home owners (even though they pretend other wise). It should be done for pennies and the people doing it are considered brainless(been polite can't use the exact phrase). So everyone want it done cheap, the cleaner shouldn't be paid more than minimum wage and if it wasn't for a Labour fight it wouldn't be no where near what it is now.

Still everyone complains when the office is dirty and when the kitchen and toilets scares rats.

It's never a bit of vacuum and dusting.

I could go on..... but I will stop - Thank you Rob.

PS
The pole is right they are in serious poop, why, under cutting and big ambitious  SLAs which can't be met with limited hours (average 2 - 3 a day) and peanut pay. Flashy uniforms, PDA happy sales reps and lavish lunches don't clean buildings(they might win contracts), well trained, well rewarded and motivated people do.

Barbara Listen to this man and don't worry if you don't win them all. Learn and be positive. Don't treat your staff with disregard, if they are doing it wrong they need training not wage deductions. If things aren't been done investigate it could be time related rather than people not pulling their weight etc.
Goldfinch PCS
0800 612 9244
LTT PROmite(Altec) Member of - IICRC
www.goldfinchpcs.co.uk

London and Essex

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2010, 04:44:54 pm »
I use a similar cost build up programme I presumed that many cleaning companies use, albeit with my own tweaks......and on using my formular for a 2 hr per night 5 day per week clean I have been awarded contracts for £6,100.00 per annum.

At the end of the day it all depends on what the client is happy to pay and how the overal proposal is presented.

sbcleaningservices

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2010, 08:29:09 pm »
Hi
I am very interested to know how to qoute a office deep clean with over 6000m2
Have not done this before but would appreciate any help
Thank you Sarah from Sheffield

divinetouch

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2010, 02:34:49 pm »
Hi Nick,

I'll be grateful if you can send me one across. pietroplc@hotmail.com

Thanks Peters.

holmesclean

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2010, 11:10:31 am »
Nick I would also appreciate an email

holmesclean@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks in advance

Tom
Tom

cleanandneat

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2010, 04:21:20 am »
Nick, could I please ask for a copy too/ cleanandneatservice@hotmail.co.uk

lawrence

« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2010, 03:46:00 pm »
Quote from: Nick Head link=topic=88403.msg790897#msg790897 date=126358

could you please emaill me a copy of your office cleaning quote
lawrence [email
clcleaning@hotmail.co.uk[/email] many thanks.

karen miller

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2010, 11:11:51 am »
Hi Nick, can you send one on to me aswell thanks cleaning@swiftscotland.co.uk

Kind Regards
Karen

ultraceil

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2010, 11:24:05 am »
Hello
I am new to the forum but from what I see from Nick and Dave is some great advice and a world of knowledge.

I have set up a cleaning company in Holland and I must say its pretty tough contending with the language. I always restock from the UK, always gain advice from the Uk so basically I am really happy that this forum exists and there are decent people willing to help starters.

I would appreciate any advice on bids, specifiactions etc because I really need to know how to send out a professional looking cleaning bid that will be competetive to the Dutch cleaning companies.

Cheers Nick and Dave for giving me a boost.

kneet n kleen ltd

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2010, 12:22:12 pm »
hi, can you sent me one too please

TAP

« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2010, 02:54:32 pm »
Hi

All I am remodeling the spreadsheet with more explanation of what cost goes where and how to calculate a the final cost etc.

The Spreadsheet is a bit too basic, I will resend it out to you all within the next day or so.

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nik
Could you send me a cop please to pat.armstrong@hotmail.co.uk

Homes2Clean

« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2010, 08:11:35 pm »
Hi Nick

I have been asked to provide a quote for office cleaning but I haven't a clue where to start.  ???

Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of the spread sheet please  :-*

admin@homes2clean.co.uk

Kind Regards

Hannah

spicnspan the cleaning man

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2010, 06:03:51 pm »
Hi Nick
           have just been reading your posts Wow could you send me a copy please as i am
           quoting for a football ground this Thursday and could do with all the advice i can muster
           tony@spicnspan-nw.co.uk

Warm Regards
           Tony Evans

jan3

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2010, 09:58:06 pm »
Hi Nick
Please could you email me one griffin_janet@hotmail.com
 Thanks in advance for the help
Janet

Platinum