Matt Gibson

Re: Diesel / petrol pressure washers
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2012, 07:26:44 pm »
yeah i get silt in mine too. ive got a removable filter element, so i just whip it out and give it a clean. havent had to clean it much as the outlet for my tank is slightly higher than the bootom of the tank. but im not using an ibc, so probably different.

Blast Away

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2012, 07:58:10 pm »
yeah i get silt in mine too. ive got a removable filter element, so i just whip it out and give it a clean. havent had to clean it much as the outlet for my tank is slightly higher than the bootom of the tank. but im not using an ibc, so probably different.

Talking with a Scottish accent now then Matt? Put a haggis on the Barbie!  ;)

Matt Gibson

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2012, 02:55:30 pm »
ach aye  ;D

Lee, I need to get a couple of bags of soda for this cement factory test patch. What do I ask for at northern tool? Is it just the standard soda?
Also, is it water soliuble or do you have to clean it up like you do when u use sand?

BDCS

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2012, 03:41:34 pm »
You want the coated soda and yes its mostly soluable - citric acid speeds it up if you have a lot to move

http://www.northernpowerclean.co.uk/productline.php

Matt Gibson

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2012, 04:51:48 pm »
Cheers mate. If the job goes ahead ill need to get some citric acid.
So which one off that list in the link? Is there much difference? I'll be using it through the wet blaster, an I want it to be cheap enough.

Sorry, im ignorant to the soda. never used it. But it would be perfect on this job as the mess is a factor. I just wanna know which one would be best for what i want, as i dont wanna ring the guy and have him sell me the most expensive one, when i only needed the cheap one.. 

Blast Away

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2012, 06:29:32 pm »
Matt,

What's the soda test for? Cement?

Matt Gibson

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2012, 06:35:09 pm »
Yes mate. See my other post about the cement factory. Its the way bay area where they clean the machines... its mostly heavy cement on metal stairs, walls etc. was going to try and knock as much off with a hitly, or something similar, then blast the rest, or even just try and blast it from the start. Thought i might try the soda, as the ammount of sand ill be using, the clean up will be a nightmare.

BDCS

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2012, 07:13:00 pm »
I'd have thought the soda would be too gentle for removing cement. Build up should'nt be a problem when wet blasting but the cement will become sand when it comes off and would just go in the washings skip

Matt Gibson

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2012, 07:21:19 pm »
yeah i did think the soda might be a bit soft, but i was looking at it purely for the clean up aspect of it compared to using sand.

Blast Away

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2012, 09:35:55 pm »
£30 a bag mate and not abrasive enough. I still got about 45 bags left from that pallet I bought cheap. Been using it now and again for graffiti.

BDCS

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2012, 10:11:17 pm »
I've got bags of soda in the container next to the soda blaster I never use  :'(

Matt Gibson

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2012, 10:30:28 pm »
So you reckon just stick with the sand? I didn't think the soda would be abrasive enough for the real heavy stuff, but thought it might be ok with the light cement. I suppose the money I'll save on the sand will outweigh the cleanup

Kenny83

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2012, 07:28:07 pm »
Lee Kenny has a Yanmar with a 201 pump and gearbox on mate. It's a nice one, tidy and on a plate. Mount it in your van.
I'd have it but it would just be sat about with my other spare machines.
Sold to John from A - Z cleaning in Liecester
thanks john
 ;D
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

Steve peel

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2012, 01:52:57 pm »
I have a KRANZE B200T honda petrol 6.5hp and accessories for sale Showroom model, selling all stock cheap due to retirement machine comew with full 12 months manufacturers warranty, demonstrated once a t works premises worth over £3500 + vat  on offer for £2500 no vat.

Kranzle B220T with 20mtr hp hose and reel
standard hi/lo pressure lance
Turbo (dirtkiller) lance heavy duty
15 mtr drain cleaner
stainless steel rotary floor cleaner
50 lts safe algae remover FOC 
spalsh guard for turbo lance
sold as a full kit will not split items
GOOD for new start up business or replacement for old equipt.

contact Steve  07771523669

located NORTH EAST collection only no to be missed