Phoenix

Re: Construction Clean Consultancy
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2005, 03:28:55 pm »
Absolutley no competition. 

What I,m suggesting is most if not all the major home builders in the UK request A Health and Safety Management Plan, Risk Assessments and Method Statements for each individual site.  There is no template as each site presents its own problems.  Your right, anyone can write a risk assessment but you have to be technically qualified to carry them out.  There is no template for this either as each site will be different.

My Operations Manager who is NEBOSH Qualified adds a huge amount of weight to our tenders and each of my clients realise we take the subject very seriously, and I do know this qualification has won us tenders.

The Major Home building companies have a Health & Safety Competence Questionnaire and works on a scoring system, you will need over 60% to satisfy the assessment and some of the higher scoring questions relate to who has been trained and what certificates they hold.

I do not want to be rude, but if you do not have the necessary qualified people within your organisation it may be the case of not being awarded the tender. 

There is currently a Scheme being put in place where every single cleaning operative has to carry a certified card before they will even be allowed on site and is due implementation by the year 2010.  To obtain this card it will require a course of study with a final multichoice exam.  The Scheme is called

The days of being able to just turn up and carry out cleaning duties are over. 

Is this a bad thing, I don't think so, finally our industry is being reconized for what it is and consequently we have to fall in line with the strict Health & Safety Regulation currently imposed on the building industry.

I wish Martin good luck with his venture and to be honest I do not have the time  to set up a consultancy myself, but to date I have already given out some good advice and information  to several people who have e-mailed me recently and their responses has been great.

Good luck "THEKIDBOYO@aol.com with the BC,RC, Sparkles in Northern Ireland.

Hope the info given was what you were looking for Freddie Egbo at eureka-ventures.

garyj

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2005, 05:29:03 pm »
Thanks for the reply, I think that what you have written has actually given more weight to Martins venture, if he has all these documents and qualifications in place then you would stand far more chance of gaining the contracted tender than without him. It looks like to me that without him or someone similar then you don't stand a chance, and as I've read what he is offering, he can become part of your team eliminating the problems you've mentioned.

Phoenix

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2005, 06:19:59 pm »
As i said I dont have the time to consult on a full time basis, but would be willing to answer any questions that other members of the forum might have regarding bidding for this type of work.

We have submitted 12 tenders in the last 5 weeks and have been awarded 5 confirmed tenders and await response for another 5 and lost 2 which was purley down to pricing.

Some clients think we can do the work for peanuts!!!!

selectservices

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2005, 08:48:46 pm »
Martin

Would be interested in obtaining info please...

Regards

Cherie
Select Services - Domestic Cleaning

martin19842

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2005, 10:10:06 pm »
Hi there,

Wow, its been a busy day for me and a busy topic day.  Ive just got in from an emergency job, and therefore have just read the days posts, and emails.

I may not answer all questions on here, but that is obvioualy my choice.

With regard to health and safety, and site specific,if you visit a sample of say GW,or DWH or Bovis, Taylor Woodrow, or any of the major housebuilders,you will find that most of the sites are the same, same layout, build pattern, trraffic management, fire plans, accident reporting procedures, etc.

If you choose to get bogged down in H and S then it will do that bog you down, and that is why the internet and more and more health and safety companies are making good money advising any and every business in the UK.

I totally agree that Risk Assessments, and health and safety docs, need to be site specific.

I also agree that many of the larger developers, use Health and Safety questionnaires, to assess the suitability of potential suppliers.

In fact many of the developers now, are preparing the risk assessments for the trades,and you are being asled to adopt them.

I have had in excess of 50 enquires across a number of boards.

What are we offering, i have already provided introductory details on that, however we can provide, exactly what the client needs,

IE

A full service, ie for the build clean business start up, marketing, tender response, operations, and management, off site face to face consultancy, and On Site consultancy,also included being 12 months phone support.

Are our services expensive?? 

If in year one of business you have say five active sites, running at a slow build rate then you would expect to complete 500 plots at an average price per plot then you may achieve say £250,000 turnover, and if someone needed the most complete consultancy package, and onsite consultancy, then the cost would represent less than 1% of your turnover.

And thats it, because once you are armed with THE KNOWLEDGE, then you dont need ongoing consultancy, unless you really cant do without seeing me.

Therefore the services that we offer are VALUE FOR MONEY.

How much are our Services?  well that is contained in the information provided to potential clients.

Am i going to have enough time?  I am looking to provide consultancy, I know how many clients I can handle in a twelve month period, and that will be managed striclty.

We only deliver a quality service, and never promise what we cant do.

Unlike every other trade ON SITE, we communicate with site, and turn up and work when we say we are going to.

TO ME THAT IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POINTS.

anyway, i hope that i have responded to some of the points raised today. 

The United Kingdom, is currently building and planning to build thousands of homes, there is more than enough work for every person that wishes to get into this business..

Regards

Martin Sales
Construction Clean Consultancy

martin19842

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2005, 07:47:44 am »
Hi there,

Good Morning,

just following on from yesterday, enquiries into our service are all well and good, actual clients is a true test.

To date I have 8 individuals, that I am meeting with in the first week of January, to either carry out an initial investigation of their needs, or to commence our Consultancy.

Well as for today, we have a number of properties that legal, and go over duiring the day on a number of sites, and then i am in management mode, to confirm plot readiness, for us to work on 12 properties over the weekend, that CML on Monday.

And then there is only two weeks to go.

Anybody getting into this business, must remember that June and December are going to be their busiest months, and are also the times to make the extra money, duplicated work, 2nd recleans, and 2nd and 3rd sparkles.

Every time you walk through that PLOT FRONT DOOR, you should be generating an invoice, and if you are on site communicating with the site agents, then it is made so much easier.

So everybody have a great day!!!

regards

Martin Sales

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2005, 11:34:08 am »
Martin,

Could you email me some info as well please.

Regards,

Arthur

*Chris Browne

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2005, 01:35:39 pm »
Hi there,

Good Morning,

just following on from yesterday, enquiries into our service are all well and good, actual clients is a true test.

To date I have 8 individuals, that I am meeting with in the first week of January, to either carry out an initial investigation of their needs, or to commence our Consultancy.

Well as for today, we have a number of properties that legal, and go over duiring the day on a number of sites, and then i am in management mode, to confirm plot readiness, for us to work on 12 properties over the weekend, that CML on Monday.

And then there is only two weeks to go.

Anybody getting into this business, must remember that June and December are going to be their busiest months, and are also the times to make the extra money, duplicated work, 2nd recleans, and 2nd and 3rd sparkles.

Every time you walk through that PLOT FRONT DOOR, you should be generating an invoice, and if you are on site communicating with the site agents, then it is made so much easier.

So everybody have a great day!!!

regards

Martin Sales

Hi you can say that again about busy December! we have 9 plots to complete by tuesday am and we cant touch them till monday!

Chris

martin19842

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2005, 05:05:47 pm »
chris,

hectic day on site today, they only fitted the kitchen then relaised that there was no water supply into the house, so kango up the floor, OH WHO PUT THE GAS PIPE THERE????.  so no gas, and no water, and it cml's on monday.  yes of course it will.

also found out today that we have got the best part of 250 plots to do between feb and june next year.  well that'll keep the troops out of trouble.

that is why, there are so many opportunities, for people wishing to get into this line of business, and ultimately why i have launched Construction Clean Consultancy.

regards

Martin Sales

dermotmccrystal

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2005, 07:34:19 pm »
hi martin could u email me some info too dermotmccrystal@yahoo.co.uk
dermot

gary evans

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2005, 09:48:05 pm »
Hi Martin

i have an opening with one of the major buiders, recently said no to 2 contracts

Can you e-mail info on consultancy landywood@tiscali.co.uk

Cheers Gary

martin19842

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2005, 10:04:53 pm »
good evening everybody,

well i think we have completed in the last 7 days what we did in the whole of december last year, and therefore december is going to be a record for us.

and more imprtantly the teams have got work lined up already for the first week in January.

To everybody who has received our info emails, we will follow up shortly, I have already got a number of coinfirmed meetings for the first week in January, and therefore anyone looking to get together and take their enquiry to the next stage, then please do so and we will book apointments for the second week in January.

So eveybody have a great week.

regards

Martin Sales
Construction Clean Consultancy.

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2005, 10:09:55 pm »
Martin,
Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New 2006 Year too!
Arthur

martin19842

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2005, 10:37:03 pm »
arthur,

Merry , what was that word, it seems that Bovis have cancelled Xmas, i reckon New Year, yep should be able to do that,  i think i'll disappear for xmas and boxing day.

only potential problem is that we provide a develop region in the East Midlands, with emergency flood cover, and i wouldn't be surprised if it we get a call out or two.

so Happy Xmas to you as well.

regards

martin sales
construction clean consultancy

martin19842

Re: Construction Clean Consultancy- On Site Days
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2005, 07:50:56 am »
hi there,

I will be emailing out to all that have expressed an interest, so far, but for all others, January 'On-Site Consultancy Days' are now available.

We have eight confirmed available days.  And anticipate more available if the demand is there.

Please email for dates, location, and costs.

regards

Martin Sales

supernova77

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2005, 11:04:03 pm »
Hi Martin,

Could you please email me some details?

andy@scs.uk.com

Thanks,
Andy

martin19842

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2005, 01:43:51 am »
andy

just got in and back out shortly back to site

but will email all tomorrow..

regards

marrtin sales

martin19842

« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2005, 07:08:48 pm »
Season Greetings to All,

A brief email to inform you of the dates available in January 2006 for ON-SITE Consultancy Days.

The Dates available so far are.

Thursday 5th January
Friday 6th January
Monday 9th January
Tuesday 10th January
Wednesday 11th January
Thursday 12th January

The cost being £185.00 plus VAT.

Location, Cambridgeshire

The Day: 

8.30am Day Start, consultancy at our office.

10.00am On - Site visit.  Fully active site, to see plots at different stages of clean, and also seeing cleaning in progress.

12.00 Lunch, and debrief of morning session.

2.00pm On- Site visit.

4.00pm End of Day.

Places are limited and therefore, booking will be taken on a first come basis.

You will need to brind Steel Toe Cap safety footwear.

Look forward to hearing from you in the near future

Regards

Martin Sales
07771 526246

lynngc

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2006, 12:37:14 am »
martin,
could i ask for some help from you please.
need as much info in targeting the builders cleans section.
love dust & grime, but some how don't quite know how to approach the big boy's yet.

thank you

e-mail; gowercleaningservices@msn.com

from lynn
lynn @ gower cleaning services, swansea.

mark redfern

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2006, 09:11:16 pm »
hi martin, (and everyone else)

iam located in burton on trent and would like some info on your construction consultancy.

this is a new business venture any advice would be great

please email nice-n-clean@hotmail.co.uk

regards mark