Kevin R

Re: i want to make real money out of window cleaning is it possible?
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 05:34:54 pm »
what i wander is how you gonna collect all this money £ 10.000 is big money and it means too many custumers you can not collcet most of it in the day couse people are at work you can not collect it in the evening you wont have enough time to go and see every custumer owes you money and you can not just drop SAE and be a partner to post office too many stamps hih hih  and how you gonna keep your work up to date when it is raining for a wk and more more more and more ifs  but still good luck to you

If all residential then SAEs and a  franking machine - rain guarantee etc etc - You would defo have to pay some one on full time admin. The bigger the turnover the larger the costs.

Steve CM

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 05:39:14 pm »
how do you set up free post with a franking machine Kev?

Steve CM

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 05:47:46 pm »
its ok i found it on royal mail website ;)

bluez

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 09:55:56 pm »
Sorry Ronnie,
I assumed it was a typo cos you cant make 2k a week from 2.5k turnover unless you are a complete con artist, and a damn good one at that. ;D ;D
hi

NWH

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 10:02:26 pm »
well for those that think its possible why not explain how???
You must be joking and be called a dreamer and an idiot,what you want to achieve can be done but i`m saying no more.

NWH

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 10:04:17 pm »
turnover 10,000
vat 1,500
vehicle costs 100
Diesel costs 300
payroll 3,500 (35% you would be doing well to keep it at this level, need about 5 employees and 1 admin minimum, probably more to cover for sickness etc)
payroll costs 650 (hol; pay ni etc)
professional fees 25
equipment 100
uniform 20
marketing 500
phone 150
Height Access hire ?
misc 500

balance 2655

possible but that is with no loans or vehicle or equipment repayments, your round would want to be super. Not meant to put you off, but why not aim for 5k first and see if you can do that and make a profit.

Where did you get those figures from. ;D

bluez

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 10:09:22 pm »
Just plucked them from the sky, why have you a problem, with them?
hi

ronnie paton

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 10:58:10 pm »
well for those that think its possible why not explain how???
You must be joking and be called a dreamer and an idiot,what you want to achieve can be done but i`m saying no more.

dont quite understand were this is aimed?? it simply can not be done unles you dont pay your employees in money? you would also have to pay no tax no ins and run your business via a bike or some sort of machine that cost zero to run.

Londoner

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 08:09:07 am »
The trouble with window cleaning in basic terms is this, it is ideally suited to a small one or two man operation. When you try to raise the stakes it becomes vastly more complicated and the problems and difficulties grow faster than the money.

Its a bit like digging a hole in sand. Too many variables that you can't control. Personally, I like it at the bottom end, its stress free and pretty easy work for what I get out of it. If I wanted to make millions I would look elsewhere.

MSTAV

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009, 12:29:03 pm »
the only way i can see it being done is having 3 rounds earning £1500-£2000 per week before expencies being coveres by 1 man per round.
I dont think there is enough hours in a day to clean this amount of work. in fact it prob is near impossible unless you have a round full of £20-£30 pound customers all in a row on same streets.
Maybe it can be done but wouldnt happen over night. maybe a good few years with a team of canvassers going out every night for you which from experiance isnt as easy as it sounds. If this thread isnt a windup then i look forward on hearing how you go on your plans.

Mick