cottonbud10

how do you flush a gpd system
« on: December 26, 2007, 07:23:38 pm »
hi all,sorry to be a pain at this festive time,but i need to know how to flush my ro man 300gpd system,i did,nt even know that this should be done and i,ve been running my system with no ill effects for the last 7 months,i,m not very good at all this sort of thing,i did think that i should change my filters,but i,m not sure what ones i have to get..any help would be greatly received..kev07940 705738

TERRY AB

Re: how do you flush a gpd system
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 03:29:07 pm »
Therre should be a flushing valve which need closing! On my mates unit this is on a green hose.
If you dont have one you could just the stop pure water getting out (i.e. clapming the outlet hose, this will
cause the system to flush!.
Heres a quick explaination of what flushing means.
+ To produce pure water, tap water is sent thru pre filters i.e. 5 micron, carbon and 1 micron filter this water is then pushed thru the r./o membranes, they are made up so that a certain amount of pure water can pass thru them, this being your product water, the rest (which contains all the impurities) is sent out to the drain hose. The pure water passes thru the centre of the r/o membrane and the bad water goes out to the sides of the membrane, this has the detrimental effect of causing a build up of limescale and other impurities on the walls of the r/o cartridge, by flushing you create a higher rate of water pressure/flow to the outer walls which cleans them (like a jet washer). This is important otherwise the walls will eventually be caked and the membranes will clog up and DIE!, Flushing is recommended after every use of the unit to stop the catridges from clogging up.

cottonbud10

Re: how do you flush a gpd system
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 05:36:46 pm »
thanks woodley washers...i,ll get on to that a.s.a.p...thanks again...kev