Rizwan Mo

Water Supply Issues
« on: January 31, 2020, 11:15:50 pm »
I have 200ltr in back of a van mounted jetting system. No way near enough to take on the pressure washing jobs I get.

If a customer doesn't have an outside tap I struggle.

Any suggestions on what people do to over come this?

I would like to put on a bigger rank but I dont think my van could handle the weight.

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks
Riz

Mike Halliday

Re: Water Supply Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 07:34:56 am »
Over the last year I can’t remember more than 2-3 customers who have not had an outside tap,( a bigger problem is terraced houses that have the tap at the back and no access)

You have 2 options, get a hose connector that fits the kitchen sink taps or ask a neighbour if you can use theirs, I tell them my machine uses 80p an hour to run, I’ll give them £10 if they let me most just tell me to go ahead especially if they are good friends with the customer
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 12:38:22 pm »
As Mike has said - you can get many connectors to fit taps etc.. Hozelock do one that screws into mixer taps - failing that we have used the washing machine outlet - as long as the hose is clean and break free we will put it through the house

Really large jobs we just hire a stand pipe

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Rizwan Mo

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 12:10:43 pm »
Surprisingly only one from every 3 households I visit have a garden tap which can be annoying. I have an inside tap connector which I've used a couple of times but I think this puts the customers off.

I am really wanting to get a larger tank but just wanted to know the best option. Do I get a trailer and water bowser (quite expensive for me at the moment) or springs for van and get a larger tank.

I've attached some pictures of the set up I've got in back of van, let me know what you think.

Appreciate the feedback also. It means a lot thank you.

Riz

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 04:33:51 pm »
It really comes down to the size of the van - uprating the springs will not change the legal weight it can carry

I have a transit with 1000 ltr tank (2 man pressure washing) and a boxer with 600 ltr tank ( single man set up ) both usually need a water supply for work unless its a small drive or say 2 car spaces as even with these tanks water soon goes at 21 ltr/min per machine

I like your set up - nice frame etc..

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Rizwan Mo

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 10:56:30 am »
Thanks.

I agree I've decided to run it like this for now. Ideally I would need a better van to get a bigger tank fitted or even a water bowser trailer. Cant afford that yet.

Will just hope I can get more customers with water supply on external taps. What's the longest water hose reel anyone could find and where to buy, I'm sick of these domestic garden hose from local DIY shops. Starts to get the kinks and twist and it's a nightmare to undo them especially when it's cold.

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 08:14:31 pm »
Your reel looks fine to me

we use 3/4 bore hose to feed as the water flows faster - as standard we carry 40 meters but I have a further 100 meter coil if needed

Currently use tricoflex - but after 4 years its started to show its age - this is what im going to try next...

https://hydraulicmegastore.com/product/premium-rubber-20-bar-air-yellow-hose/

Darran