Johnny B

Re: What a Van !!!
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 09:03:57 am »
Agree with Dryclean. The less toys the less there is to go wrong. I have 13 year old dispatch with no frills, not even central locking. Been good so far.

no good for me....no heated drivers seat,no air con and no heated windscreen...... :D
[/quotv

Can’t help yourself daz!

My vans still better than yours. Transit custom for the win. All the goodies and more room.

;D

I love all the oneupmanship we get on here! 😂

My Berlingo's driver's seat heats up if I sit on it long enough. Never seen a switch though and there's nothing in the manual, so I guess it's automatic (must have been state of the art in 2005).

My aircon system is an open window on a hot day. There's this z shaped thingy that I move in a circular motion that makes the window go up and down according to which way I turn it.

My heated windscreen is the heater blower aimed at the screen. A clean microfibre supplements this clever little innovation.

The steering wheel is round, which I'm slowly getting the hang of as my previous van had tiller steering.

I wonder what they will think of next. Maybe someone will come up with a new way to clean windows using a length of rubber and a cloth.
John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2019, 02:15:12 am »
The Citroen Berlingo, Peugeot Expert and Toyota Proace are all the same Van, just badged differently.

I bought the Toyota Proace just over a year ago because Toyota give a 5 year warranty (3 year for the others) and gave me a great deal on the price and threw in a few extras too.

Mine is the Compact version, 1000kg payload (more than enough for my 700ltr system).

Absolutely fantastic van, can’t fault it at all. I was sceptical about the (what I considered) smaller engine, but don’t be put off, it has plenty of power even with a full tank and 3 people in the front. (It has 3 front seats)

I have a 700 litre Pure2o system (ionics budget range) and that is also highly recommended. Worked perfectly every single time, and with the smart charge system the battery is always full.

I had a 400 litre system in a VW Caddy before this, also a great van but I wonder how I got by for so long with just that small system.

Sorry to sound like the “payload police” but you honestly may not realise......... your definitely pushing it in that van for a good part of the morning.

1000kg payload

Even being conservative.......

Water and tank cage etc (750kg)
Reels (40kg)
Roof rack? (50kg)
Fuel (50 litres - 50kg)
Anything else inside the van? Tool boxes, shelving step ladders etc,
3 workers ( 240kg)

Total = 1130 kg.

Ha ha I don’t mind, you police away!

The actual payload is in fact 1,100 kg, but the payload weight quoted everywhere (except in the specification list in the actual brochure) is just 1,000kg. I asked the salesman about that, and he said that new advertising rules mean they have to advertise the payload weight AFTER allowing for driver and fuel, which is generally 100kg.

My brochure clearly lists the payload weight in the spec list as 1,100 kg, but the newer brochure version does not have the payload listed at all in the specifications at the back.

But you can see what I mean here in the peugeot expert (exact same van) specs on page 6-7:
https://media.peugeot.co.uk/file/31/4/expert-mpc.304314.pdf
The description of the “compact” version says 1,000kg, but in the payload column it is stated as 1,100kg. EU rules apparently, I suppose it makes sense.

As well as that, my tank dimensions are 700 litres, but the float switch that sits inside the tank, so the top bit doesn’t get filled, that accounts for a few litres or so.

I never drive with 3 people by the way, I just did it once with the mrs’ and her sister to see how it handled, and I never fill the fuel more than 1/3rd just for economy reasons.

Don’t have a roof rack, (not even a solid lead 50kg one) or ladders.

So, all in all, no I don’t think I’m over the payload weight!

dd

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2019, 05:19:10 pm »
but do you all think the new one is a good buy ?

No new vehicle is a good buy.
There are often good deals on new or pre-registered vans. I was going to buy a 1 or 2 year old van but it was not a lot more to buy brand new, so I bought a heavily discounted new van.