GAZZA B

What a Van !!!
« on: January 11, 2019, 07:36:47 am »
I drove the new Citroen Berlingo yesterday WOW!  what a van 1000 payload and what toys it has. what do you all think to it?

Gazza

dazmond

Re: What a Van !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 08:49:47 am »
I drove the new Citroen Berlingo yesterday WOW!  what a van 1000 payload and what toys it has. what do you all think to it?

Gazza

never driven one....thats a good payload for a smallish van..... :)
price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 09:13:59 am »
My 4 year old Dispatch will in the mechanics next week getting the heater blower,central locking and drivers electric window fixed, my first one had similar problems.
The electrics on Citroens are well known for causing problems so I would say the less toys the better, other than that they are a reliable enough van to drive.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 10:17:37 am »
The Citroen Berlingo, Peugeot Expert and Toyota Proace are all the same Van, just badged differently.

I bought the Toyota Proace just over a year ago because Toyota give a 5 year warranty (3 year for the others) and gave me a great deal on the price and threw in a few extras too.

Mine is the Compact version, 1000kg payload (more than enough for my 700ltr system).

Absolutely fantastic van, can’t fault it at all. I was sceptical about the (what I considered) smaller engine, but don’t be put off, it has plenty of power even with a full tank and 3 people in the front. (It has 3 front seats)

I have a 700 litre Pure2o system (ionics budget range) and that is also highly recommended. Worked perfectly every single time, and with the smart charge system the battery is always full.

I had a 400 litre system in a VW Caddy before this, also a great van but I wonder how I got by for so long with just that small system.

High-Tower

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 12:02:56 pm »
The Citroen Berlingo, Peugeot Expert and Toyota Proace are all the same Van, just badged differently

You mean the dispatch/expert/pro ace. Berlingo is the ‘smaller’ Citroen van.

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 12:11:49 pm »
Never had any problem with the engines on these vans I've had an old Berlingo 1.9d, scudo 1.9d, partner 1.6, scudo 1.6 and now a dispatch 2.0. I also had an old Picasso with a 2.0 engine. But what they have all had in common I'd dodgy electrics

I thought my new one was on till the other week when the rear door latch locked itself shut and never opened. Then the central locking went on the back door so I'm down to using the key.

Other than electrics they are great vans, stay away from the 1.6 however they eat turbos the 2.0 is the one.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 03:37:42 pm »
The Citroen Berlingo, Peugeot Expert and Toyota Proace are all the same Van, just badged differently.

I bought the Toyota Proace just over a year ago because Toyota give a 5 year warranty (3 year for the others) and gave me a great deal on the price and threw in a few extras too.

Mine is the Compact version, 1000kg payload (more than enough for my 700ltr system).

Absolutely fantastic van, can’t fault it at all. I was sceptical about the (what I considered) smaller engine, but don’t be put off, it has plenty of power even with a full tank and 3 people in the front. (It has 3 front seats)

I have a 700 litre Pure2o system (ionics budget range) and that is also highly recommended. Worked perfectly every single time, and with the smart charge system the battery is always full.

I had a 400 litre system in a VW Caddy before this, also a great van but I wonder how I got by for so long with just that small system.

do you not think you ll be overweight with  a full 700L tank first thing in the morning?seems a bit big for a 1000kg payload van.....

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 03:44:43 pm »

do you not think you ll be overweight with  a full 700L tank first thing in the morning?seems a bit big for a 1000kg payload van.....

" ... it has plenty of power even with a full tank and 3 people in the front. (It has 3 front seats)"

I should say so!  ::)roll
It's a game of three halves!

deeege

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 03:53:12 pm »

Have you really got a 700 litre tank in a berlingos? I’ve got the same van but with a 450 tank. When full I feel that even though it’s well under its payload I wouldn’t want to have any more weight in it.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dd

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 04:15:08 pm »
Agree with Dryclean. The less toys the less there is to go wrong. I have 13 year old dispatch with no frills, not even central locking. Been good so far.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 05:08:52 pm »
I wouldn't go near a Citroen or any of the other French rubbish ;D

Johnny B

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 05:20:03 pm »

I have a 14 year old Berlingo. Apart from the CD player having a mind of its own and central locking which stopped working recently, everything else works ok and the 1.9 engine will run forever. And there's acres of loadspace and as my trad gear weighs next to nothing, it has a very easy life.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 05:22:47 pm »
Agree with Dryclean. The less toys the less there is to go wrong. I have 13 year old dispatch with no frills, not even central locking. Been good so far.

no good for me....no heated drivers seat,no air con and no heated windscreen...... :D

SB Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 05:34:11 pm »

I have a 14 year old Berlingo. Apart from the CD player having a mind of its own and central locking which stopped working recently, everything else works ok and the 1.9 engine will run forever. And there's acres of loadspace and as my trad gear weighs next to nothing, it has a very easy life.

John
Good to hear but you still wouldn't catch me driving one again...mine was the biggest money pit I've ever driven...and most of the people I know have problems..

The French used to make ok motors many moons ago but not these days...cheap for a reason.

Johnny B

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 07:58:31 pm »

John
Good to hear but you still wouldn't catch me driving one again...mine was the biggest money pit I've ever driven...and most of the people I know have problems..

The French used to make ok motors many moons ago but not these days...cheap for a reason.

Citroens used to be a nightmare to run and repair due to their complexity (remember the DS).

My Berlingo had some issues when I bought it but since these were sorted it's been a good van.

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

GAZZA B

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 07:05:32 am »
but do you all think the new one is a good buy ?

Jonny 87

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 07:25:48 am »

Sorry to sound like the “payload police” but you honestly may not realise......... your definitely pushing it in that van for a good part of the morning.

1000kg payload

Even being conservative.......

Water and tank cage etc (750kg)
Reels (40kg)
Roof rack? (50kg)
Fuel (50 litres - 50kg)
Anything else inside the van? Tool boxes, shelving step ladders etc,
3 workers ( 240kg)

Total = 1130 kg.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 10:26:41 am »
but do you all think the new one is a good buy ?

No new vehicle is a good buy.
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 12:58:54 pm »

Sorry to sound like the “payload police” but you honestly may not realise......... your definitely pushing it in that van for a good part of the morning.

1000kg payload

Even being conservative.......

Water and tank cage etc (750kg)
Reels (40kg)
Roof rack? (50kg)
Fuel (50 litres - 50kg)
Anything else inside the van? Tool boxes, shelving step ladders etc,
3 workers ( 240kg)

Total = 1130 kg.

a roof rack doesnt weigh anywhere near 50kg!but i agree he ll be overweight for sure,dont forget leisure batteries weigh a bit plus  trad gear,ladders,toolbox,etc all add weight.....

zesty

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 09:55:43 pm »

no good for me....no heated drivers seat,no air con and no heated windscreen...... :D
[/quotv

Can’t help yourself daz!

My vans still better than yours. Transit custom for the win. All the goodies and more room.

;D