Carl@Cwc

which pole hose please?
« on: April 20, 2024, 10:07:21 pm »
sorry to ask a long standing question again.
which is best pole hose atm, i been using gardiners orange for ages and i know its user dictated but which is best to avoid coiling, mine ends up around 6" coils at the end,
sorry for question, been out the mix for 6 years and getting back into it now, so seeking help?

jo5hm4n

Re: which pole hose please?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 10:11:47 pm »
Exceed Innovation PVC Hose is the best ive used.

tlwcs

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 09:09:05 am »
I agree. So much so I use 30 metres of minibore reduced down to 100 meters of pole hose.

michael mckeary

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 03:34:31 pm »
I agree. So much so I use 30 metres of minibore reduced down to 100 meters of pole hose.
Both my reels have 100m's of Exceed pole hose on them but I run with hot water.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2024, 07:42:02 pm »
Could be mistaken but I believe Gardiners 'orange' is intended for hot water use which would make it more supple in use. However, if used with cold it won't want to lay flat as it's a much tougher type of PU material designed to cope with hotter temps.

I know it's not to everyone's liking but, I've just started using Gardiner's Ultraflex which works pretty well. However, I wouldn't use it if you use a univalve as it's too flexible/stretchy.

My daughter uses cold water too but runs with the Gardiner green flexible hose designed for hot water use. However, once it lost it's new 'coil memory' she found it worked quite well with cold.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.