angela stone

buffing machine
« on: September 12, 2012, 07:52:45 pm »
Hi,tmw I have a meeting with one of my existing clients who owns a string of children's nurseries, which we clean.  Most have safety lino flooring but some just have lino down.  They are going to ask me about using a buffing machine in future as wet mopping doesn't seem to be bringing the floor up to standard.  Does anyone have any advice on these machines?
What is the best type of machine for the job?  How long do the pads last?  Is there some training courses on how to use them?  Will the machine have a better result than just wet mopping on these floors?  Any info would be really appreciated.thanks  Ange  ;D

MAX Carpets

Re: buffing machine
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 07:54:32 pm »
Prochem do a hard floor course which covers this.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 10:22:08 pm »
I would recommend you look at a contra rotating brush machine.

Multi wash / Rotowash / Duplex / Karcher BR400

As for courses off top of my head there is Amtech nr Brighton, Prochem in Chessington, Restormate in Newcastle or me in Fife Scotland.

angela stone

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 09:08:19 am »
thanks guys I will have a look  ;D

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 09:22:47 am »

I forgot to say why I would recommend these. Simply because they will deposit clean solution, agitate then remove it. No painting with dirty water like some mopping systems can be guilty of.
If you go down the mop route get good quality microfibres as traditional mops are only really good these days for final rinsing.

brilhoservices

Go for hard floor course
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 09:19:16 am »
I would recommend you to initially go for hard floor course which will covers all you problems

charles911

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 07:34:01 pm »

Could you get away with a host with hard brushes as a one off?

I forgot to say why I would recommend these. Simply because they will deposit clean solution, agitate then remove it. No painting with dirty water like some mopping systems can be guilty of.
If you go down the mop route get good quality microfibres as traditional mops are only really good these days for final rinsing.