Helen

Re: Brodex Systems Warning
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 09:38:28 pm »
I bought a 15ft prolong from brodex and after a week the top section was sliding past its end stop and eventually was coming right out.
I was surprised to find that the tape used to stop the pole at the clamp was ( fragile ) tape the stuff you put on boxes to indicate fragile contents .
I did call and got a replacement but have been put off by this .
I asked if this was the norm and was told no,
If i was a involved in the window cleaning comunity suppling parts /systems and reputation was important then these mistakes shouldnt happen in the first place .
Is this not excactly what forums are for ?
Discussing experiences / services from suppliers etc etc
Mistakes do happen and that is life unfortunately. You say that Brodex rectified the problem.....why be put off, no-one is infallible.
 I agree we should be able to air good and bad points on the forums, but there is a way of doing it.
E.G Had excellent service from "whovever".
E.G. Had a problem with "whatever" from "whoever" and although I was frustrated to experience this problem the supplier dealt with it and solved the problem. Good service when you need it.

DASERVICES

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 10:41:29 pm »
There are mistakes which are unintentional which we all agree that does happen. Then there are mistakes that are intentional which sometimes we cannot accept.

With the case of the prolong pole with fragile tape that is intentional as they are not built that way. But we cannot judge who is at fault as it could be the manufacturer or brodex but this should not have happened in the first place.

In manfacturing there is a sample qc and quality check on all parts that come in and those that fail the spec the whole batch is rejected. I have just received a new product and rejected all the stock as it failed the spec. There is no way that I can pass on faulty goods onto the end customer.

This I feel may sometimes not be done by suppliers as they have not been brought up in that enviroment. The only company I know who do spot checks on products is Gardiners as Alex has stated this on the forum a few times. 

Mistakes can be made but if you do not have procedures in place to catch them the company can be at fault.

I not having a go at anyone but any supplier , manufacturer would normally have a qc check in place but this may be lacking in our trade.

Helen

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 10:45:07 am »
There are mistakes which are unintentional which we all agree that does happen. Then there are mistakes that are intentional which sometimes we cannot accept.

spot on!

With the case of the prolong pole with fragile tape that is intentional as they are not built that way. But we cannot judge who is at fault as it could be the manufacturer or brodex but this should not have happened in the first place.

It shouldn't have, but it did so everyone has to accept that and work to solve it

In manfacturing there is a sample qc and quality check on all parts that come in and those that fail the spec the whole batch is rejected. I have just received a new product and rejected all the stock as it failed the spec. There is no way that I can pass on faulty goods onto the end customer.

You wouldn't but I suppose some would which is wrong

This I feel may sometimes not be done by suppliers as they have not been brought up in that enviroment. The only company I know who do spot checks on products is Gardiners as Alex has stated this on the forum a few times. 

Mistakes can be made but if you do not have procedures in place to catch them the company can be at fault.

Even with procedures in place mistakes still can happen

I not having a go at anyone but any supplier , manufacturer would normally have a qc check in place but this may be lacking in our trade.

It is not only our industry that it happens, it is universal within the world of trade. A supplier/manufacturer may have all the necessary procedures and qc checks and more, but at the end of the day it comes downs to human error and that I'm afriad will never be 100% solved

What I am saying is that one or two slip ups from a supplier/manufacturer should not be treated as this is their standard service level, but if it continues to happen then you have to re-access who you purchase from.
If you had ordered 100 prolong poles and only 3 lets say had the fragile taping, as long as they replaced with correct items, gave good customer service in doing so, would this put you off using them? It shouldn't IF it only happens once or twice.........4 times down the road then that is a different matter
:)

Amethyst

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 03:37:16 pm »
It is, it seems, basically good kit.

I have had the demo, and had had two quoutes from them.

I'm still awaiting the pole.

I have written one letter

and two emails

response?

What do you think?

Come on Brodex - don't just lay low - change my opinion of you.

I agree that isolated problems of supply and back up happen. There seem to be a few too many in this case though.

I am still looking to get poles and brushes - would I currently buy from this company?

What do you think?

weetot

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 09:25:26 pm »
I,m scared to get out of bed nowadays in case i upset someone, I thought that was what a forum was for (air greivances etc:) get the product right and everyones happy  (ish)
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

GWCS

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 06:50:06 pm »
Is this not excactly what forums are for ?
Discussing experiences / services from suppliers etc etc

one of the reasons, yes.

rhys11

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 07:05:13 pm »
this thing bugs me

the suppliers love forums to push products, tell us about new stuff etc etc ( even if sometimes its from a " plant " )

yet people moan when the same suppliers get a bit of a bad post about a product they sold

On a old tech forum i used to run, we used to have suppliers all the time posting about deals and special offers, YET when something went wrong, they knew the score, it would get posted on the forums

cake and eat it springs to mind

i agree with matt
rhys

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 07:06:20 pm »
At what point does it become a witch hunt?

If you've got your suppliers hat on da, and not your slwn hat, or your landscape gardening hat, then i think it's a bit unfair for one supplier to criticise another.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 07:17:32 pm »
Resin bottle/ Di resin suppliers hat  ?

Its best suppliers dont slate other suppliers, it doesnt look quite right.

DASERVICES

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 10:57:26 pm »
Okay Dave,

Point taken, from now on I will refrain telling folks the "truth" how actually deionisation works with the correct equipment.

I am at that point where I have daily calls with problems and l will  now pass it onto suppliers who say it cant't be the equipment. Can I just say in defence yes people make mistakes but what annoys me is people who fob off customers with wrong information. In defence of suppliers this is often their employees not doing their job.

This is not a witch hunt but suppliers please be honest. The only suppliers I see who are honest are Gardiners and Omnipole.

Cheers

Doug

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 11:46:01 pm »
Doug

I am sure you will be back.

All I was saying is you are a supplier, and its not good form to get involved.

Highlight the problems generally and tell people what they should look for, then leave it at that.

People soon make there minds up about these things, but as a supplier yourself you have to step back.

Good luck with the Slwcn and your businesses

Dave

Window Washers

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009, 07:44:40 am »
I respect doug for being honest, and if a supplier see's something that is wrong I think it is good for them to say about it (makes them a good supplier IMO, slating for no reason I would agree is bad form.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2009, 09:32:22 am »

This is not a witch hunt but suppliers please be honest. The only suppliers I see who are honest are Gardiners and Omnipole.

Cheers

Doug

I don't think much thought went in before this statement was made.

Peter

matt

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2009, 04:06:19 pm »
what a shocking event

doug comes on here and warms others about the problem with the di vessel Brodex are suppling

then is turns into a witch hunt against him

once again, supplier having that piece of cake and eating it

i MUST not be a 1 way street, if a item is wrong / faulty / not fit for purpose, then members here need to hear about it

doug is a prominent person with his work with the  SLWCN, people will call him for advice and help, he has identified a problem and has warned others about it ( so you dont lose a few days work )

funny enough, i get loads of e.mails over at the DIY forum, i will go out of my way to help others ( infact i have some1 coming to see me this easter weekend, what do i get out of it, nowt, its done to help others, if i see a problem with kit thats been supplied for BIG money by 1 of the big suppliers, i should warn others ? ? ?  right  ?? ? ? )

doug, a shame to see you leave, but i am sure you will do your bit for the boys up in scotland

GWCS

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2009, 04:48:35 pm »
what a shocking event

doug comes on here and warms others about the problem with the di vessel Brodex are suppling

then is turns into a witch hunt against him

once again, supplier having that piece of cake and eating it

i MUST not be a 1 way street, if a item is wrong / faulty / not fit for purpose, then members here need to hear about it

doug is a prominent person with his work with the  SLWCN, people will call him for advice and help, he has identified a problem and has warned others about it ( so you dont lose a few days work )

funny enough, i get loads of e.mails over at the DIY forum, i will go out of my way to help others ( infact i have some1 coming to see me this easter weekend, what do i get out of it, nowt, its done to help others, if i see a problem with kit thats been supplied for BIG money by 1 of the big suppliers, i should warn others ? ? ?  right  ?? ? ? )

doug, a shame to see you leave, but i am sure you will do your bit for the boys up in scotland

Nice post! 100% agree.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2009, 04:58:09 pm »
I still stick by what I said, you dont see Gardiners coming on here and slating other suppliers.

The last thing we want is a suppliers war on this forum.

I admire Doug for his SLWCN work, but he shouldnt take things to heart, I have met the guy and he seems sound apart from a dodgy moustache.

Using the forums to promote things becomes a double edged sword,

Its definately not a witch hunt,

matt

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2009, 07:55:37 pm »
Dave

doug supplies resin doesnt he, he is hardly in completion with brodex

or have i missed something here

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2009, 08:54:07 pm »
Vessels as well, I think

Either way nothing bad said or done, he just decided to have a bad moment and delete himself.