DASERVICES

Brodex Systems Warning
« on: March 31, 2009, 05:41:42 pm »
I've just helped out a window cleaner who was having problems with his brand new system. He changed the resin in his di vessel and it started coming out at 010 ppm.

After having a look at his system the first thing I looked at was his di vessel and found a serious fault with it. This is very worrying as a company who is trying to protect it's image would use inferior DI Vessels. I've seen quite a few of these vessels before with people having problems with purifying water.

I'm a firm believer in Park Vessels and internals and why suppliers have changed to cheap Chinese Vessels is worrying.

The huge problem with these vessels is the riser tube does not fit firmly in the DI head which then allows untreated water to mix with pure water.

If you do buy a Brodex system I would strongly advise that they fit a Park vessel or one with the same spec. Otherwise you will loose quite a few days work.

Cheers

Doug

Brodex

Re: Brodex Systems Warning
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 11:57:34 am »
Hi Doug,

We are entirely confident in the quality of our resin vessels. If a small installation error has caused the riser tube to be cut a fraction too short, then we would be happy to rectify this, if your friend can contact us.

What does concern me is why he is changing the resin on a "brand new system"?

Cheers,

Daniel

mci services

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 12:04:01 pm »
i know the w/c mentioned an he phoned yesterday morning as is still awaiting a return call, at least he was at 7pm last night when he was filling his tank via my di vessell in order for him to get some work done today, and when doug says brand new he means 4/6weeks old di only

ronnie paton

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 02:34:46 pm »
well 4 -6 weeks depending on the amount of water is about right i would of thought, i use DI only and a bag lasts about 8 weeks, thats filling up twice.

i use about 650-800 litres a day

DASERVICES

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 05:07:04 pm »
Daniel,

The DI Vessel riser tube had PTF tape around it and the "o" ring was missing. I'll leave that for you to sort out, I know what I'd do if an employee had done that.

Things all sorted now but I have my reservations on the "o" ring in the head being stable enough.

Cheers

Doug

mci services

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 10:25:56 pm »
yes the w/c mentioned is now happy and a replacement is on its way, i know because he had to use my di again tonight to get a days work in tomorrow,  ::)

however apart from the di i have to say i am well impressed with the brodex system, but the little things count and it puts me off buying, when you spend big money on a system you expect everything to be tip top

LWC

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 02:59:27 am »
Little harsh i feel publishing a warning on such a big forum about a problem that could of been sorted and by the sounds of it has been over the phone.

Hardly a warning in my opinion.

pingu

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 07:20:13 am »
Would it not have been better to thrash it all out with the supplier to allow time for them to rectify any issues there may have been?

We all make mistakes from time to time...I have no connections with Brodex and doubt I ever will...but given them a chance.

Dave.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 07:47:18 am »
Little harsh i feel publishing a warning on such a big forum about a problem that could of been sorted and by the sounds of it has been over the phone.

Hardly a warning in my opinion.

Same here, I don't like people doing this on a forum.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 07:53:38 am »
I agree not the place or tone for such a trivial thing

EZclean

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 08:42:18 am »
not that trivial if it was your system though and it prevents you from working  because of faulty equipment. maybe now others who have the same vessel would never have known of a  problem, can now have it put right and save money on resin. as long as the guy has rung Brodex as well to inform them and not just put it on here, i've no problem with airing grievances of a supplier on a w/c forum
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

DASERVICES

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 09:17:10 am »
3 days lost work is a lot so I feel it is a valid point so if anyone who has the same problem will know straight away.

Remember most people will be newbies and scratching their head why their system is wrong, if they don't have someone nearby to pin point the problem the 3 days can become weeks.

The system should have been perfect when sold, the person who put ptfe tape would have known this would happen. So in my eyes I would not try and short change customers if something was wrong and try and bodge it up.

It is all sorted now but a bit of a worry this practise happens, intentionally or unintentionally.

This is the same type of vessel that was supplied by another supplier and they insisted nothing was wrong with it. We then changed di vessel and problem was solved.

In my eyes there is a risk with these vessels some may disagree but better warned than not and you loose days by not working.

DASERVICES

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 10:22:30 am »
Daniel,

I'm a bit miffed why you have taken off end base of the vessel, this means it cannot stand upright and your customers then have the annoyance of trying to fill a vessel that falls over.

There is also a huge risk of damaging the vessel as the base adds protection to the bottom of the vessel as that is the weakest point.

I've seen a few of your systems but none where you have taken the base off.

Why has the design changed!!!

Not having a dig at you but do you not think you will have many warranty claims over damaged vessels!!

Cheers

Doug

matt

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 10:49:25 am »
this thing bugs me

the suppliers love forums to push products, tell us about new stuff etc etc ( even if sometimes its from a " plant " )

yet people moan when the same suppliers get a bit of a bad post about a product they sold

On a old tech forum i used to run, we used to have suppliers all the time posting about deals and special offers, YET when something went wrong, they knew the score, it would get posted on the forums

cake and eat it springs to mind

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 11:28:44 am »
I think Brodex are easy to pick on at the moment,..

Free poles not arriving,..

Hot water is suddenly good again,..

A PR fiasco about their crash test (Great test IMO, but badly announced)

The Aluminum poles being phased out (Allegedly)

And now the DI vessels.

Personally from what I've seen (I don't own a Brodex system) they are fantastic looking bits of kit, very well designed,.. and now (Probably) safer than most of their competitors systems. I don't think the problem is with their products (Every supplier will make a small mistake like the DI vessel every now and then) but their PR team needs a good talking to!!!

A press release for why Hot is now safe to use when it wasn't before?
Clarification on the free pole offer? (Do you do demo's in Ireland?  ;) )
etc etc.

Turn this negative attention round and make use of the spotlight guys!

Amethyst

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 08:26:45 am »
Has anybody actually received a free pole?

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 09:45:26 am »
Has anybody actually received a free pole?
hi i had the demo and got the pole.
Johnny that did the demo said he had no room to carry it so after i was to call and tell them it was over. the pole arrived within about 4 days.

I don't feel Doug was wrong in starting this topic, it's not like a rip into brodex, it's just a prob that has occured and might occur again so look out for it. I was going to go DIY but for a few reasons went brodex this time. i have had no probs with the system, but i am greatful for the heads upon something that might go wrong ;D

LWC

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 07:54:20 pm »
I was making the point it was hardly a valid "warning"

Fairplay is something wrong...just not much need for a warning in my opinion.

Definition of warning (noun) form plural: warnings caution; advice about danger.

Doesnt sound dangerous to me.

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2009, 08:16:09 pm »
definition also: notification of something, usually in advance
eg: to warn of a potential problem ;)

window wonder

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 09:20:12 pm »
I bought a 15ft prolong from brodex and after a week the top section was sliding past its end stop and eventually was coming right out.
I was surprised to find that the tape used to stop the pole at the clamp was ( fragile ) tape the stuff you put on boxes to indicate fragile contents .
I did call and got a replacement but have been put off by this .
I asked if this was the norm and was told no,
If i was a involved in the window cleaning comunity suppling parts /systems and reputation was important then these mistakes shouldnt happen in the first place .
Is this not excactly what forums are for ?
Discussing experiences / services from suppliers etc etc
slwcn member