Gurdy

Yell 118 24 7
« on: December 15, 2008, 05:53:57 pm »
Hello everyone.   I've been using Yell.com for a year or so now and find it works ok, i was contacted last week about a new service from Yell,  it's called   118 24 7, has anyone any feed back on it. ???
Cheers
Gurdy

Re: Yell 118 24 7
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 06:07:30 pm »
You need to be TOP, to get anything from that.

The higher up the list the more chance your name will be read out.

I had an example of it on the phone,m where by the sales operator phoned another one in the call centre, asking for a window cleaner (residential or commercial in a specific area) they will read out the top 1 or 2 and ask if you want them to continue with the list - whats the point when you have 2 numbers?? the rest are then obsolete.

Least on ther website you might scroll down a bit further, and to be honest who really uses telephone directories if they can use a computer? or the book?

IMO waste of money, but dont take my word for it try to call up yourself to see how it works, and then ask the sales rep how much it is to be ranked top in your area!

Gurdy

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 06:16:45 pm »
Cheers Chris will take that on board.

williamx

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 07:03:22 pm »
I have been on yell for quite a few years, both with a free and paid for listing.

When anyone calls I ask how they came on my number and why did they choose me, the majority said they choose to phone me because I was the nearest to their property.

Next year I have cancelled all of my paid for advertising.