Captain Scarlet

WINDOWWASHERS! WHEN YOU GOING POLE?
« on: September 16, 2007, 06:35:12 pm »
So have you decide on a system yet? Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Re: WINDOWWASHERS! WHEN YOU GOING POLE?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 06:43:10 pm »
Yes am getting ready for it now, hence all the questions i keep asking, as soon as northernrock give me the cash should be in the next week or so (if people stop taking all the cash out lol), 99% sure i got the van I want and am going for a 2 man set-up to start, then when i get used to it will buy another set-up for 1 man  ;) and see what happens after that.

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 07:15:25 pm »
then you better hurry up and get your cash out, if they go bust, you only get 33% of your money back,
from every thousand pounds you put in,   even if its 10 grand, you still get the same 33% no joke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 07:22:05 pm »
My dad was explaing to me, he saw a financial advisor and they said northern rock are in the green, meaning that even if every single customer they have wanted their money back they would be able to give it and still have huge amounts of resources. So you might be seeing a huge company go bust all because of panic and rumour. What will make them go bust is people panicking thinking they will go bust and taking their money out, its like a catch 22. But now its a domino effect and nobody wants to be the one who decided to keep their savings in the bank, so you might as well take it out along with everybody else......dont get left out or you never know! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

trevor perry

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 07:33:06 pm »
i owe them money if they go bust will i have to pay it back.  ???
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

john tomkins

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 07:39:18 pm »
then you better hurry up and get your cash out, if they go bust, you only get 33% of your money back,
from every thousand pounds you put in,   even if its 10 grand, you still get the same 33% no joke

dunno where you get your info joe but its incorrect....

If you're a saver, a proportion of your money is protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme in the event that your bank or building society becomes insolvent.

Under the scheme, the first £2,000 in a savings account is guaranteed. It also guarantees the return of 90 per cent of the next £33,000. So no matter what they have over that figure, the saver only has protection worth a total of £31,700.

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/business_money/northern+rock+crisis+continues/806447

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 07:43:45 pm »
i owe them money if they go bust will i have to pay it back.  ???
yes you will lol but nice thought  ;)

from every thousand pounds you put in,   even if its 10 grand, you still get the same 33% no joke
I am in no hurry to get the cash out, it is people that do not have a clue are wasting there time going to take out there money and waiting hours to do so, Northern Rock, are a very large company, they are just short of cash money hence why they asked for a loan, if you think the amount of money they take in and assets they have they cant go bust, the Bank of England would not give them a loan if they thought they would go bust would they?
It seems people like to blow things well out of proportion without finding out the facts first.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 07:44:47 pm »
exactly my point windowashers, Luke

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 07:48:27 pm »
exactly my point windowashers, Luke
I have an FA myself, did call and ask as you have to check the facts before you worry, saying this I am not worried at all  ;D

Feen

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 07:51:34 pm »
"if every single customer they have wanted their money back they would be able to give it and still have huge amounts of resources."

Luke , So why is there a chance of them going bust as yo say in your post?
Feen

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 07:57:01 pm »
"if every single customer they have wanted their money back they would be able to give it and still have huge amounts of resources."

Luke , So why is there a chance of them going bust as yo say in your post?
I will laugh I disagree off if they give all the loyal customers they have a cash bonus for keeping there money in there bank accounts, that will teach people to get the facts before panicking  ;D

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 07:57:32 pm »
because after loosing their customers they wouldnt have any customer base to carry on with, I mean the people who get their money out are hardly going to use them again!! the company will no longer have a significant amount of customers. But if everybody was given the right facts and just didnt panick all would be ok and northern rock would be fine. As things are going they are going to lose loads of customers, while they might not run out of money, they will no longer be able to carry on under the name northern rock because it will be a dead company, Luke

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 08:00:51 pm »
because after loosing their customers they wouldnt have any customer base to carry on with, I mean the people who get their money out are hardly going to use them again!! the company will no longer have a significant amount of customers. But if everybody was given the right facts and just didnt panick all would be ok and northern rock would be fine. As things are going they are going to lose loads of customers, while they might not run out of money, they will no longer be able to carry on under the name northern rock because it will be a dead company, Luke
northern rock has many fingers in many pies, the bank is not there main earner, think of all the mortgages they have in their name, this could help them in the long run, weeding out the customers that are not to good lol just like us window cleaners we do the same thing  ;D

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 08:04:47 pm »
yes, my dad was saying that. Thats what the banks make their money from, lending. And to lend money they lend money from other sources, Luke

Feen

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 08:05:49 pm »
Luke, No disrespect here, but go back to being an expert on wfp. ( :'()
Feen

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 08:09:44 pm »
everything I've said is true so leave me alone nasty feen!!!! ;)

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 10:39:40 pm »
its true what Luke is saying actually common sense

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007, 10:42:34 pm »
everything I've said is true so leave me alone nasty feen!!!! ;)
Yeah, leave are Luke alone you bully  :P

niceandclean

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2007, 11:56:22 pm »
Yes am getting ready for it now, hence all the questions i keep asking, as soon as northernrock give me the cash should be in the next week or so (if people stop taking all the cash out lol), 99% sure i got the van I want and am going for a 2 man set-up to start, then when i get used to it will buy another set-up for 1 man  ;) and see what happens after that.

As you have good established rounds, going wfp will be a really good move for you. What system are you going for?

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 12:54:00 am »

As you have good established rounds, going wfp will be a really good move for you. What system are you going for?
2 man, van mount to start then another 1 man sys shortly after then who knows after that. ;) Have already sorted if people dont like it have another cleaner that works for me that does not want to do wfp dont ask why i am baffled myself, each to there own.

P.s nicenclean, what areas do you work in? you never know we could do business in the future ;)