Luke Johnson

Re: IONICS BRUSH QUESTIONS - PLEASE LOOK AT PIC
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2007, 07:05:24 pm »
so they wouldnt have been standard from ionics either, since this is an ionics brush, or could I have asked them to fit them?

NWH

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2007, 07:09:29 pm »
The brush on EBAY is fake.

m.b.s.

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2007, 07:13:45 pm »
how can you tell its a fake please tell me as i have just bought one off of ebay

NWH

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2007, 07:26:10 pm »
The logo looks as if it`s been sprayed on somehow and it`s not threaded therefore it won`t go straight on a pole,saying that i got mine today and i must say it`s the best mono brush i`ve used it keeps it shape and although i only used it for 10-20mins the 1 i got from cleaning spot lost it`s shape in 5mins and never regained it unless you kept dunking it in boiling water all the time it seemed.I`m lucky as i have an adapter for it that i can stick in the thread end to get over the problem,but all in all it`s a very good brush if he starts selling them with a proper thread i`ll buy some more.

m.b.s.

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2007, 07:39:55 pm »
what can i do about the thred then i got the same one and is going on an exell uni pole please help as trying to build own wfp syatem

Luke Johnson

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2007, 08:03:01 pm »
What on earth is going on??? will this brush fit a Vikan thread or not? it's fake??? why would somebody forge a brush!!!? if it doesnt fit a vikan thread what will I need to convert it?

Luke Johnson

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2007, 08:17:59 pm »
please reply NWH!!!!

NWH

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2007, 08:38:06 pm »
Luke and whoever else has got this brush,it`s simple but you`ll have to say goodbye to a plastic angle adapter.What you need to do is file off the ridges inside the brush so that it`s almost flush with the hole,then apply a good thick layer of superglue inside the brush and then do the same on thread of the angle adapter,give it a really good push into the brush and make sure you line up where you want it before it sets hard it`ll only take 5-10 mins before it`s ready for work.Make sure you line it up straight,your be pulling your hair out if it`s not straight most annoying.

Luke Johnson

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2007, 08:41:44 pm »
luckily Ive got one spare!!!

Luke Johnson

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2007, 08:43:13 pm »
so what is the brush like?

NWH

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2007, 08:45:51 pm »
If you right handed you might prefer the screw adjuster on the angle adapter on the right hand side,if you set it on the left it`s more awkward to adjust quickly when your working.

Luke Johnson

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2007, 08:49:37 pm »
wow, you must be telepathic  :) :), I was just holding my angle adpater, as it happened to be next to the computer and I was just thinking that very thing

NWH

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2007, 08:49:44 pm »
It`s a very good brush in my opinion and because it`s mono it hold less dirt than it`s flocked brother,with a slightly higher flow rate you shoudn`t need to rinse as much especially on regular cleans.

Luke Johnson

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2007, 08:59:41 pm »
I have'nt managed to get anybody to answer this one yet. Alot of people say they keep their brushes in pure water between cleans, but how do they manage to pull the pipes of each time, they are really stiff?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2007, 09:27:14 pm »
The brush pictured will fit a screw thread gooseneck, just push hard as you screw it on.

The one in the picture does not look fake! The Ionics brush pictured is actually a fairly standard off the shelf brush but with their own logo on it.

I never understand anyone having to wash their brushes, I have been using WFP for 6 years and have never cleaned a brush! Unless of course you have picked up a lot of cobwebs or something, mostly the dirt washes off as you scrub the window.

NWH

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2007, 09:30:21 pm »
I just run my hand through mine and have never had any trouble,don`t matter how clean the brush is if you don`t know how to use it.

Luke Johnson

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2007, 09:34:22 pm »
Alex regarding that brush on ebay I have bought, the seller says that it is the same brush but not the one pictured, he says the one pictured isnt used. Now NWH has bought one from the same man, and the thread doesn fit a Geramn d type or Vikan style, so their is something fishy, he also says it seems like the ionics logo is sprayed on.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2007, 09:36:01 pm »
If in doubt leave it out!

Luke Johnson

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2007, 09:39:43 pm »
sorry i'm a little thick!!! what does that mean?

Davew

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2007, 09:45:02 pm »
Just maybe the guy is making his own brushes up - there were superlight brushes for sale on ebay too. Someone with very low overheads could easily do it and make a bit of money. If you stick with the well known suppliers you know what your getting.