Alex Wingrove

Erhum a trolley
« on: May 13, 2007, 06:02:34 pm »
OK

i need some help, and i will mention the word wfp, and hope to get lots, i need a trolley i can collapse and fit into the back of my estate, i don't need such advice as get a van, because im not going to do that, so don't even bother please. i want to know if the freedom one is the only that collapse down to fit in the back of the estate,

also i want to know if there are any i can buy that will fit into the back of an estate so i can make my own trolley,

oh and pics aswell please

Thanks

Alex

Alex Wingrove

Re: Erhum a trolley
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 06:13:12 pm »
im just after something that will work around my car

do you think the backpack is a good line to take?

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 06:35:18 pm »
A back pack is cheap and well worth the money.  About £200 for a shurflow 4 speed job.

Freedom do a folding trolly, it takes 25L barrels.  Thats only 7Ls more than the back pack.

Simon.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 06:37:03 pm »
i know freedom do, i was going to buy one on ebay but went above what i wanted to pay,

i don't want to carry a huge  250ltr tank in my car easier so will carry 25l barrels instead, is the backpack easy to refill from barrels?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 06:42:40 pm »
20 litres weighs a bit less for pouring and a large funnel helps. Or you could fit a fluid transfer pump. A backpack is fast on domestic and small commercial work. Ideal for a car. Oh and if you do use it on your back which is faster than anything out there, you dont have to fill it. Use small jets.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 06:50:18 pm »
Back packs are very easy to fill.  The opening is about 5 inches in diameter.  Just pour the water in.  A liter of water weighs a kilo a backpack filled with water weighs 25 kilos.

Spursboy1972

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 06:59:13 pm »
25 ltrs or Kilos on yopur back is nothing! I wopuld like to know the best value back pack and where to get them from. Cheapest is not necessary but best value.
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 07:02:14 pm »
Omni used to sell the 100psi but through using it themselves they upgraded to 80psi with an "exclusive"different pump. Alas the only viable competitor Mattabi is no more.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 07:04:04 pm »
Same as me i`m not bothered about the price i would like to know which one is the best i`m gonna order one next week.Also can you buy them already for microbore and basically plug in and away you go,i`ve got a job next week that would be handy for the backpack.Thanks.

Tosh

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 07:09:15 pm »
im just after something that will work around my car

do you think the backpack is a good line to take?

If you're working out of a car, then the back pack is the BEST choice you really have.

Trust me on this.

A trolley system is heavy in itself; without water; plus the wheels can run through mud and dog poo.  Do you want to lug it in and out of the back seat with all that gunk on the wheels?

Do you want to lug it out at all?

With most makes of car, sticking one in the boot isn't practicle because you'll still want to carry ladders and you can't get the heavy thing out of the boot without removing your ladders first.

I think trolleys are mostly useless bits of kit.  I've a fifty litre one rotting away in my back garden.

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 07:17:59 pm »
Alex
I use the freedom trolley and its great but......tosh is right about the dogs poo.

Last week my wheels found the biggest pile of poo ever. Nightmare to remove but got there eventually. Then wiped the hose cos your never know???

Bod
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 07:21:28 pm »
With a back pack how long does it take before you need to refill.ie whats the ltr pur hour or how many houses could you do, say three bed semis
Thanks
Rob

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 07:28:04 pm »
On regular cleans you could do 2 3bed semi's easy with a back pack.  Other guys on here use it on a very low setting like 1 or 2 so possibly get a bit more done.  I use it on 3 and my mrs uses it on 4.

Here's where I got mine, was thinking of going for an omnipole job but it doesn't have the varible speed.

http://cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Backpack_and_trolleys.html

just noticed it says out of stock, now thats saying something.

Simon

Rob.Hall

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 07:43:41 pm »
They were not out of stock yesterday... :-[

Thanks Simon

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 08:36:19 pm »
OK

so what do i need to do to convert it to work for wfp, i know its gonna be an american plug etc if i get it from us which might be cheaper,

what other things do i need aswell, im thinking ro-di system and a storage tank, and poles and brushes, but no hose correct?

also one more question, if i buy a 4 stage RO-DI system will that purify my hard water enough or will i need to get something else

Thanks

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 08:40:57 pm »
Alex,

Wait a minute and check your E-Mail.  I have sent you a write up I did about MY Backpack system.

Phone me on 07815106363

If you want to ask any Questions

David Salkeld
Not Perfect - But Honest

Jon T.C.

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 09:18:30 pm »
On regular cleans you could do 2 3bed semi's easy with a back pack.  Other guys on here use it on a very low setting like 1 or 2 so possibly get a bit more done.  I use it on 3 and my mrs uses it on 4.

Here's where I got mine, was thinking of going for an omnipole job but it doesn't have the varible speed.

http://cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Backpack_and_trolleys.html

just noticed it says out of stock, now thats saying something.

Simon

You can get those trolleys in Maplins £29.99
Elite Cleaning Solutions

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 10:55:24 pm »
David

thank you very much, much appreciated, i will give you a call when i get one to ask for your advice on things

im thinking of getting a 75gpd ro di system, i live in a hard water area, this should be sufficient right?

and im also thinking of getting a 1000l ibc tank to stick somewhere, that should be ok?

Thanks again David much appreciated

williamx

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 08:45:02 am »
Why do you need a trolley, just have a hose reel with 120 metres of microbore hose on it, also a 125 lites water tank, you can reach any where you need to go and its faster than using a trolley.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 09:13:46 am »
A 75gpd ro di will take days to fill a 1000l IBC tank but if you are only using a little each day it should be enough. 

I think previous posts about dog poo on wheels and the fact that you probably have friends travel in your car on a regular basis, the back pack sounds like a good idea.

Simon.