« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 06:06:45 pm »
guys you say wfp is faster than traditional
can i ask what type of work you are doing that you find it quicker

commercial large ----- hospitals schools etc

About 50% faster without a doubt.

commercial medium ------small factories 13ft high windows all in a row

About 25% faster in general

commercial small-- shops small offices etc

Probably not much in it to be honest, the only gain would be in the shops have 1st floor stock rooms etc... that need a ladder?

domestic large houses

Again faster, an example is where a house takes two guy's (1 with ladder, 1 on bottoms) about 20 minutes it would take a WFP (1 guy) about 20/25 minutes

domestic run of the mill semis and council houses

Probably slower in terms of back access and packing away etc....

I think the above refers to the topic so other can see where wfp is quicker than traditional and would clarify the topics for other readers on the forum

any iinfo  highly appreciated
jinky

I have answered as honestly as I can and am not trying to big up WFP. To give you an idea I have 3 vans now purely WFP and have just converted my last Traditional team over to WFP.

I have done this as they get more done and we now have the opportunity to expand our rounds for each van, hence why I am just about to employ a full time canvasser.

Whichever way you want to view this ongoing debate, the fact is this, WFP does work, it offers you the opportunity to get to windows you previously couldn't and it definately reduces the risk factor. Local councils (definately Hampshire) are now stipulating that to be included in the select list of tenders you have to utilise the safest method i.e WFP.

Traditional will always have its place in this industry and anyone who says different is kidding themselves, however, as time goes on WFP will certainly become the way forward in terms of commercial and will certainly hold its own in the domestic market.

I guess it just boils down to how you view your position in this industry and how you see your future. I was so reluctant to jump on board and even managed to get myself ripped off in the process by purchasing a 250litre tank and 2 poles for £1,600 on ebay, yes what a mug! Having soldiered on and worked through all my doubts I now have 3 WFP vans on the road and have to admit I will never look back.

WFP has opened so many doors, I used to have a nightmare employing opperatives and trying to teach them the traditional method and then using a ladder all day, lets face it, it looks easy from the outside but when you have humped a ladder around all day and been up and down it at least 100 times in a day it becomes a very difficult tool to use, hence why so many come and go.

Now life is much easier, I can teach WFP and the retention rate is so much higher.

Well thats enough off me rambling on.

Life is about choices, some your glad you took, some you will wish you had, others you will cringe about.

I am so happy I did!

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

neil100

Re: Industry stability due to WFP
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 06:10:40 pm »
Jinky my round is nearly all domestic, Detached, semis, terraced the norm.

Nel.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 06:19:33 pm »
Lets keep this civil or I will lock it!

I have ammended and deleted as required.

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

JM123

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 06:21:22 pm »
hope it wasn't one of my posts - they're never meant to offend
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

james cairns

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2006, 06:33:09 pm »
neil thanks for replying and I hope other guys follow suit

as run of the mill semis and council estates did you find wfp quicker or was it for safety reasons

jinky

I

paul mather

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2006, 07:39:07 pm »
I DORNT CARE WHATS BEST, FOR EVERY 1 WFP THERES 1000 TRADE WINDOW CLEANERS WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU.

Are you from Burnley ?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

paul mather

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2006, 07:45:10 pm »
I have a basic wfp system that i occaissionally use on a couple of offices ! im not keen on it  and dont intend to use it on houses !! 

Seems to me Lloyd you are using your WFP system just enough to dislike it.
If you were prepared to give it a fair crack of the whip you would soon get more profficient in using it & realise that it could if you let it change your working life. You would also give yourself the best chance to walk away from your job in 30 plus years time rather than the possibility of pushing yourself round in a wheelchair.

YOU'VE INVESTED GOOD MONEY IN A WFP, NOW GIVE IT A CHANCE.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Paul Coleman

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2006, 08:47:24 am »
shiner can I ask who you got your first and second systems from?

Due to forum rules, I have taken this to private email.

Londoner

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2006, 09:42:46 am »
Yawn !    seem to have heard all of this before (many times).
I don't care how I clean windows, I am  a WFP user but I didn't have to change my religion or anything drastic to get it.
The cleaning of the windows is only of secondary interest. The important bit is when I hold my hand out for the money.

neil100

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2006, 10:10:42 am »
Your Bang on the Buck their Vince my lad.

I am wfp and I am very happy indeed with the method of wfp. It would not matter to me if all other wfp users where to sell their systems and go back to Trad w/c.

I look at w/c who clean trad when I'm working, I do not feel envious of how they clean windows, Its their choice. I dont feel I have to go on a crusade to try to convert them to wfp. I am not bothered how anyone else cleans their windows. I do know their is an easier way to clean windows then a bucket and a ladder where you should earn more money.

Yes it does cost more money to set up then a trad set up, but you do that to get more money back. I spent a lot on my set up, but in 8 months I have earned so much more that my wfp system has paid for itself. The other thing as well since going wfp is that I have a deep sense of pride with my wfp setup that I never had in over 25 yrs of having the ladders on the top of my car.

Nel.

macc

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2006, 10:49:51 am »
Yawn !    seem to have heard all of this before (many times).
I don't care how I clean windows, I am  a WFP user but I didn't have to change my religion or anything drastic to get it.
The cleaning of the windows is only of secondary interest. The important bit is when I hold my hand out for the money.

Spot on Vince, The other thing is i know when ive done a days work i will be in one bit & not down A & E, my safty comes first.

The other thing as well since going wfp is that I have a deep sense of pride with my wfp setup that I never had in over 25 yrs of having the ladders on the top of my car.

Nel.

Agree again. When i sit in my van & compare what the windows come up like to next doors i know ive made the right choice for me.

Im not saying every customer will like wfp, they dont, some are stuck in the old days like Squeaky. I had one on Friday that cancelled because of wfp, reason, dont like them left wet even though they came up mint when dry,  ???. But i picked up two more that day because im wfp. Each to there own.

Macc

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2006, 12:39:53 pm »
Squeaky......

I have to admire you for sticking to your guns, now I completely disagree with you in every way, but I think everyone has the right to decide on their own working practice.

I wish that there were more like you in my area as I would have an even bigger business advantage!

WFP will not suit everyone it is simple.

My Tax return clearly shows that over the last 5 years I have earned more each year by switching to WFP and am working less hours each year as well. To me that is indisputable, however if you are happy with Trad fair enough.

Alex

LSB

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2006, 02:51:01 pm »
Sorry i didnt stay on to see the continuation of this conversation ! My point is not just the wfp vs trad on quality grounds , but everything else ! access , parking , etc  ! im mainly domestic in harrow ( nw london ) my round is mainly 3 bed semis and does include climbing in / over , i just dont see how all things considered that i will be any quicker or better off financially or time wise !   

Paul Coleman

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2006, 06:02:30 pm »
Sorry i didnt stay on to see the continuation of this conversation ! My point is not just the wfp vs trad on quality grounds , but everything else ! access , parking , etc  ! im mainly domestic in harrow ( nw london ) my round is mainly 3 bed semis and does include climbing in / over , i just dont see how all things considered that i will be any quicker or better off financially or time wise !   

If you do a lot of gate and roof climbing, you probably wouldn't be any quicker with WFP.  For me the trick has been to start freeing myself from work where there are too many obstructions.

JM123

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2006, 12:46:04 am »
yeah no doubt if there are a lot access probs then ladders may be better, but like shiner we get shot of work like that.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Londoner

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2006, 10:23:09 am »
I agree with that. Bad access is a problem but its not my problem anymore.
I just say no, there is always a customer with no access problems further down the road.

Otherwise you build up a collection of horrors that slow you down and it gets worse over time.

The big secret of sucess is choose customers you want to do and not take on everything that is offered