Simon Carter

Industry stability due to WFP
« on: August 27, 2006, 11:36:50 am »
Having been involved in the window cleaning business for quite a time, I've spoken to any number of people who 'used to be a window cleaner', but this involved a  ladder & a squeegee. I appreciate it's still early days, but as yet personally I know of no one who has quite the industry having invested in a WFP set up.
Onwards and Upwards...

Sir Squeaky

Re: Industry stability due to WFP
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 12:08:59 pm »
and....... ???

I wouldn't if I'd spent silly money on the thing......

Clear Vision

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 12:17:47 pm »
Squeaky,

I remember In one of your posts you said, "trev, this Is the kind of thing I have to put up with" (when people made coments about trad cleaning)

You can't take It but you sure can give!

You always say you don't want to get Into an argument but from what I see you are always on the look out for one????

Trevor Knight

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 12:34:26 pm »
You just can't help yourself Squeaky can you??

If I have wasted money as you politely put it, by investing in equipment that allows me to do jobs I couldn't previously, increased my turnover by 24%, expanded my business then ok, I guess I am stupid!

Honestly  ;)
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 01:19:27 pm »
I didn't say you or anyone else has wasted their money.
Yet again people twist my words to push out the non-wfp user from their wfp forum.

All I said was that if they weren't happy with it, they would still persevere due to it being a waste if they didn't.

How's that argumentative Clear Vision?
What was the point in the thread if it wasn't to encourage response?

It's just another thread to say how good he thinks it is again. ::)

Clear Vision

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 01:35:06 pm »
I didn't say you or anyone else has wasted their money.
Yet again people twist my words to push out the non-wfp user from their wfp forum.

How's that argumentative Clear Vision?
What was the point in the thread if it wasn't to encourage response?

Im not really saying your argumentative. What I should have said Is, your always trying to provoke people Into a response that In turn usually leads on to an argument about wfp vs trad!

Any way, If your so anti wfp please tell me why you waste your time In even looking at a thread which Is wfp related? I'm not Into certain things In life so I don't take anything to do with It. Why bother??

Why not ask the mods about starting a traditional section and just stick yourself In there with anyone else who wants to discuss trad with you. And don't wory, I wont go In there like a "cat amongst pigeons"

JM123

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 04:03:05 pm »
squeeky I bet you fought every day at school!!

you have to ask yourself the question - why has so many other wcers spent the money on wfp - why do they love it so much - why are they all making more money from it????????

Your avatar suits you well.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 04:11:11 pm »
No, not since I was about 10.

you have to ask yourself the question - why has so many other wcers spent the money on wfp - why do they love it so much - why are they all making more money from it????????
They're not, just some are honest, some are not.....
Better change it then.

LSB

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 04:21:28 pm »
I have a basic wfp system that i occaissionally use on a couple of offices ! im not keen on it  and dont intend to use it on houses !! 

Clear Vision

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 04:28:05 pm »
Squeaky you have found yourself a friend!!! lloyd birchley!

JM123

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 04:55:46 pm »
it seems to me that either lloyd doesn't know how to use wfp or his system doesn't produce good enough quality water.

Squeeky, if you can't make more money with wfp then there's something wrong - we easily doubled our turnover within our first year with wfp.  So you must be saying I'm a liar?? >:(

Ballymena N.I

Pat Purcell

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 04:56:41 pm »
I read these debates with interest and some are good for a laugh but in the long run does it really matter if you are the fastest or the best the ultimate goal is to make money and retain a standard of life that you enjoy, the crappiest lad with a squeegee or wfp may be making more money in less time because he is a great salesman , If you sat down and made an honest assessment of how many hrs you put into w/c each year(this includes selling ,collecting,making water ,following up with custometrs etc)take the amount of money you make each year less expenses (again be honestwith yourself include insurance taxes cost of equipment cell bills etc)divide that by te hrs you work then subtract the average wage for an employed w/c in you area and thats how good you are no matter how you get there
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

JM123

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2006, 05:00:08 pm »
does that mean squeeky has to include his time cleaning his cloths?  And the cost of replacing them?

Ballymena N.I

bumper

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2006, 05:24:20 pm »
I DORNT CARE WHATS BEST, FOR EVERY 1 WFP THERES 1000 TRADE WINDOW CLEANERS WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU.

neil100

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2006, 05:33:23 pm »
No, not since I was about 10.

They're not, just some are honest, some are not.....
Better change it then.

I can give an honest answer to the question weather you can make more money on wfp Squeaks.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I am not going to say how much I have earned this year, but just to put into context how much more you can earn on wfp over trad w/c. I will tell you the difference wfp has made to me since I started useing it at the beggining of the year.

If I look back and take my best ever years earnings as a trad w/c which is based over 52 weeks. I passed that amount earned, on my 35th week of wfp. So I now could afford to take the winter off, all 17 weeks and I still have earned more then cleanning windows trad.

I have also earned that money with wfp in those 35 weeks in less time then I would of worked trad.

You may choose not to Believe me as you propably will, due to the fact you cannot accept other w/c are genuinely improving the amount they earn per year by switching to wfp. The odd person may find this is not true, But I shudder to think why that is the case.

Stick your head in the sand, Flatly deny the benefits it is bringing to other w/c. Some say they respect you for your Trad stance. I on the other hand who have experinced the benefits of wfp can only asume you are a foolish young man, But wisdom often comes with the passing of years so you never know.

Nel.

james cairns

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2006, 05:44:05 pm »
guys you say wfp is faster than traditional
can i ask what type of work you are doing that you find it quicker

commercial large ----- hospitals schools etc
commercial medium ------small factories 13ft high windows all in a row
commercial small-- shops small offices etc

domestic large houses
domestic run of the mill semis and council houses

I think the above refers to the topic so other can see where wfp is quicker than traditional and would clarify the topics for other readers on the forum

any iinfo  highly appreciated
jinky

Trevor Knight

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2006, 05:51:02 pm »
I DORNT CARE WHATS BEST, FOR EVERY 1 WFP THERES 1000 TRADE WINDOW CLEANERS WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU.

Think your figures maybe slightly inaccurate.

???
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

JM123

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 05:54:12 pm »
we do all types of work other than the really large stuff, most of it would be detached houses, min £25/hr and I know for a fact that we cannot get away with charging what most of you guys charge over on the mainland.  50p for an average window.

Think your figures maybe slightly inaccurate.

???

yeah I'll second that - if you're going to quote figures at least make them realistic - if that were the case there would only be about 50 wfpers in the whole of the UK. 

Ballymena N.I

Paul Coleman

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 05:59:27 pm »
it seems to me that either lloyd doesn't know how to use wfp or his system doesn't produce good enough quality water.

Squeeky, if you can't make more money with wfp then there's something wrong - we easily doubled our turnover within our first year with wfp.  So you must be saying I'm a liar?? >:(

I haven't done as well as you from WFP but it has given me a better quality of life since I got used to it.  I started tentatively with WFP in late October/early November last year.  I didn't take to it very quickly and had a lot of initial teething problems partly because of my lack of knowledge and partly because the place I bought from was very short on back-up service.  It took me a while to get a static system and a place for it and eventually, I replaced my van system with one that I felt happier with from a company that could provide the back-up I needed.  My trading year starts October 1st.  In spite of lots of initial difficulties, it looks like my  turnover will match last years - though with much greater expenditure.  Although my turnover since going to WFP is pretty much static, I have had a lot more leisure time.  Once I have replaced my poorer paying work with better work and filled in the other gaps, something like a 60% turnover increase for next year (starting October 1 this year) looks reasonable.  I'm looking forward to it.  The work that used to take me about 6 fairly average paced weeks to get through, I can now do in under 4 since I got used to WFP.  I wasn't the fastest with a squeegee but I bet I could have matched the pace of most on here.  It's hard to be sure but I reckon that I was faster than average but certainly no match for the fastest.

JM123

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 06:06:18 pm »
shiner can I ask who you got your first and second systems from?

Ballymena N.I