andyralph

Hot water
« on: December 11, 2020, 07:19:54 pm »
Hi all looking to add how water to my system any suggestions on the best one and value for money and can u fit them yourself thanks andy

High-Tower

Re: Hot water
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 07:29:45 pm »
Literally every other thread is discussing diesel heaters. Why don’t you read some of those.

NWH

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 07:53:20 pm »
Lol this bloke must be on the wind up big time.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 07:54:21 pm »
Install your storage tank next to a radiator 🤣🤣🤣

KS Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 09:12:10 pm »
Hi all looking to add how water to my system any suggestions on the best one and value for money and can u fit them yourself thanks andy
If it’s value for money you’re after that will rule out a professionally fitted diesel system.
For a fraction of the cost p@f has designed and put into production a 5kw diesel heater, I’m sure he would give you all the info required for a diy fit. Then if you want to go down the electric route there is the immersion element.

andyralph

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 10:01:05 pm »
Hi how can I contact him thanks andy

KS Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 12:26:57 am »
Go on to his profile, you can email him from there. Or put a new thread on here with the heading FAO p@f.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2020, 09:10:15 am »

Best one and value for money dont go together.....

The best one is a 9kw diesel heater but not cheap....

The cheapest is an immersion but you ll need to insulate your tank and leave it on overnight for 12+ hours to get hot water.....also you may need to upgrade your electrics at home.....
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2020, 09:24:02 am »
If it’s value for money you’re after that will rule out a professionally fitted diesel system.
For a fraction of the cost p@f has designed and put into production a 5kw diesel heater, I’m sure he would give you all the info required for a diy fit. Then if you want to go down the electric route there is the immersion element.

A diesel heater is not a DIY fit for most of us window cleaners....what richy has done with a cheap chinese heater is great for him but on the other hand it wont have the safety features a proper webasto heater has....

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2020, 10:31:42 am »
For example ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

KS Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2020, 12:02:09 pm »

Best one and value for money dont go together.....

The best one is a 9kw diesel heater but not cheap....

The cheapest is an immersion but you ll need to insulate your tank and leave it on overnight for 12+ hours to get hot water.....also you may need to upgrade your electrics at home.....
More like 8 hours with a 3kw immersion, less if the ambient temperature of the water is warmer due to leftover water from the previous day.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2020, 01:43:09 pm »
For example ?

It stands to reason....what you ve done is great for you richy like I've already said but it's a DIY project so hasn't passed any safety criteria like the webasto heaters will have....its probably safer than a gas shower heater though.....never again!🙄🙂👍

deeege

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2020, 02:00:22 pm »

A diesel heater is not a DIY fit for most of us window cleaners....what richy has done with a cheap chinese heater is great for him but on the other hand it wont have the safety features a proper webasto heater has....

Passing safety regs is one thing but those safety regs mean little when systems are fitted with kinks in the pipe work  😂
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

simon w

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2020, 02:14:45 pm »
For example ?

It stands to reason....what you ve done is great for you richy like I've already said but it's a DIY project so hasn't passed any safety criteria like the webasto heaters will have....its probably safer than a gas shower heater though.....never again!🙄🙂👍

Daz. You fill your tank from your kitchen sink because you have very soft water don't you? Couldn't you just run your hot water from your kitchen through a DI straight into an insulated tank in your van? Wouldn't this save you a considerable amount of money over a year rather than running a diesel water heater?

Dave Willis

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2020, 02:22:51 pm »
Bragging rights though.

NWH

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2020, 02:31:30 pm »
For example ?

Daz. You fill your tank from your kitchen sink because you have very soft water don't you? Couldn't you just run your hot water from your kitchen through a DI straight into an insulated tank in your van? Wouldn't this save you a considerable amount of money over a year rather than running a diesel water heater?
Yeah from the kitchen sink as well 🤣🤣🤣 nothing pikey about that Daz give it go m8

simon w

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2020, 02:35:20 pm »
For example ?

Yeah from the kitchen sink as well 🤣🤣🤣 nothing pikey about that Daz give it go m8

If I had soft water in our business unit I'd definitely be doing it. Makes sense to use this asset if you have it available

NWH

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2020, 02:58:33 pm »
Yes it would do if you have a unit with a hot tap I agree definitely worth it.

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2020, 07:59:10 pm »
For example ?

Nigel  - Yo da man!
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2020, 08:22:49 pm »
Oh dear whenever you seem to lose 1 numpty it’s not long before you find another 🙄

Smudger

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2020, 10:53:08 am »
Oh dear whenever you seem to lose 1 numpty it’s not long before you find another 🙄

👍

Yo da man 😂
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2020, 12:20:45 pm »
I know I’m the man

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2020, 10:33:45 pm »
For example ?

tried that years ago and it didnt work.....the connector on my tap just kept sliding off with the hot water.....also hot water through a DI vessel is not good for the resin......

NWH

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2020, 11:55:08 pm »
The simplest way at the moment is to pay 💰 5 grand and flick a switch still everyone 🤣🤣🤣

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2020, 06:57:25 pm »
For example ?

tried that years ago and it didnt work.....the connector on my tap just kept sliding off with the hot water.....also hot water through a DI vessel is not good for the resin......

also i dont wanna be messing about filling up and purifying water in the morning......i do this at the end of my working day ready for the next days work......