Mike Burd

Re: Has gomo (Adam) given up?
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2020, 05:01:50 pm »
I’ve always felt you’re on the brink of sacking window cleaning off Adam... are you still in it for the long term?

I know recently you’ve been pretty fed up of it...

Well to be honest i find it very depressing and im no where near as motivated as i once was. I find it an effort to get out everyday and clean windows. Bored of it i guess. Each day/week is a slog and i cant wait to finish and get home lol, just feels like a job now tbh.

Also i must be be getting old as starting to get much more aches and pains than i used to which is slowing me down.

I just find it frustrating, employing people means less physical work but its probably more draining mentally as they never ever do the job as good as you do and i constantly question if its worth it.

I don't know mate tbh, cant think of anything else thats as lucrative so i stick with it.
As I recall you’re hot at generating Facebook work. If so why don’t you do that full time and send out 2/3 vans? Yes there will be problems and some quality issues and more stress but it will give you some freedom. With two vans you can have a slightly above average income and not many calls to deal with. Your only obstacle is VAT.

dd

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2020, 05:23:09 pm »
You are the guy that posted about doing a poo in a bag and throwing it in some bush. Funniest post I have seen on here - except when Nathan told us what he does when it rains.

Stoots

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2020, 05:32:00 pm »
I’ve always felt you’re on the brink of sacking window cleaning off Adam... are you still in it for the long term?

I know recently you’ve been pretty fed up of it...

Well to be honest i find it very depressing and im no where near as motivated as i once was. I find it an effort to get out everyday and clean windows. Bored of it i guess. Each day/week is a slog and i cant wait to finish and get home lol, just feels like a job now tbh.

Also i must be be getting old as starting to get much more aches and pains than i used to which is slowing me down.

I just find it frustrating, employing people means less physical work but its probably more draining mentally as they never ever do the job as good as you do and i constantly question if its worth it.

I don't know mate tbh, cant think of anything else thats as lucrative so i stick with it.
As I recall you’re hot at generating Facebook work. If so why don’t you do that full time and send out 2/3 vans? Yes there will be problems and some quality issues and more stress but it will give you some freedom. With two vans you can have a slightly above average income and not many calls to deal with. Your only obstacle is VAT.

I know but theres the problem, VAT  :(

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2020, 05:46:45 pm »
isnt it weird how we all view our job?......i certainly dont find it depressing being out and about window cleaning and earning money.......i think when you ve spent 17 years window cleaning with ladders every day,collecting 2 or 3 times a week..then modern window cleaning is just so damn EASY!

ive been WFP for over 10 years now...zero aches and pains and im 50 next year! ;D

i truly believe its the best time  to be a window cleaner in this day and age.......loads of things have made this job easier........i dont need to mention them as we all know what they are! 8)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2020, 06:13:21 pm »
I’m totally bored of it now tbh , I can’t be bothered to get out of bed most of the time , I actually go to bed at night in the hope that it’s peeing down when I wake up .
A sad place to be in I know  !

the only time i used to feel like this was when i had a drink problem and i was on the ladders......i wasnt in the best of health back then,rubbish diet,alcohol/cigarettes and late nights!...a recipe for disaster!

dont underestimate the power of  a good diet,no smoking,limited alcohol(or no alcohol at all)and regular exercise adhered to consistently over a long period of time........it does wonders for your health/outlook and day to day vitality......
price higher/work harder!

dd

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2020, 07:17:42 pm »
I am almost t total now (no alcohol for 8 weeks) and do feel better for it. I am sure I will get the odd bottle of wine at Christmas but will try to share them with my son so I don't drink much.

zesty

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2020, 07:38:04 pm »
isnt it weird how we all view our job?......i certainly dont find it depressing being out and about window cleaning and earning money.......i think when you ve spent 17 years window cleaning with ladders every day,collecting 2 or 3 times a week..then modern window cleaning is just so damn EASY!

ive been WFP for over 10 years now...zero aches and pains and im 50 next year! ;D

i truly believe its the best time  to be a window cleaner in this day and age.......loads of things have made this job easier........i dont need to mention them as we all know what they are! 8)

Heated seats, of course...

JandS

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2020, 08:19:00 pm »
Going from trad to wfp got me back into it..........more money for less hours and better quality work......have the odd nuisance customer but they are on compact areas so no real hassle.
The money you can knockout in a day means you can have the odd "can't be arsed today day".
Most days in Summer if the weather is sunny I will pack in at, 1.30 if cloudy will crack on.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Phil J

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2020, 07:03:06 am »
You're not gonna find another career that offers you the flexibility and freedom this offers, and the money is pretty good too!