nathankaye

What did u use/do before and now dont!
« on: November 07, 2019, 10:30:31 am »
So just a bit of fun i suppose. 
So a thread about all the stuff you buy or use when you first started window cleaning (either wfp or trad) that now with experience etc, you no longer use.

On wfp i used the health n saftey cones.  I bought 3 of the heavy duty base kind. I would have one by the van, another half way to where i was working and then the final one at the furthest point.
After a year of doing this, i sacked it off as my hose is brightly coloured not to be missed!

I bought several brushes and hardly used any of them as I wasnt going to start messing about swapping brush heads and realised I had to stop watching the yanks and their youtube channels lol
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

alank

Re: What did u use/do before and now dont!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 11:30:08 am »
Ladders ;D

nathankaye

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

capn sparkle

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 11:41:52 am »
Weather forecast - waste of space

lal

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 11:44:20 am »
Things i don't use now,
When Trad only, Ladders  ;D

When i first started using WFP   18ft Brodex Pole  :o ;D

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 11:52:54 am »
Ladders 
Trad gear
Swivels
Rinse bar
Flow controllers
Manual reels
Cheap poles
Rhino hose
25l barrels
Vision and other additives
Trolley
Safety cones
Expensive gloves (they all leak or tear)
Gutter vac
Pressure washers
Carpet cleaner
Generator

My window cleaning kit these days is simple,

Tank, pump, battery, electric reel, extreme poles, extreme brushes. And a backpack just in case.

Only other thing I carry on the van are tools, spares, waterproofs and some cheap all purpose cleaner and cream cleaner.

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 11:54:12 am »

Same!?
All waterproofs and a spare jumper or work top is in a box in the van. Prepped for any occasion
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 12:03:24 pm »
Condoms

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2019, 12:19:26 pm »
Ladders 
Trad gear
Swivels
Rinse bar
Flow controllers
Manual reels
Cheap poles
Rhino hose
25l barrels
Vision and other additives
Trolley
Safety cones
Expensive gloves (they all leak or tear)
Gutter vac
Pressure washers
Carpet cleaner
Generator

My window cleaning kit these days is simple,

Tank, pump, battery, electric reel, extreme poles, extreme brushes. And a backpack just in case.

Only other thing I carry on the van are tools, spares, waterproofs and some cheap all purpose cleaner and cream cleaner.
I have done exactly the same , it’s all sat in my shed now !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2019, 12:24:22 pm »

I looked at the forecast this morning and thought sack it , it’s turned out great but I can’t be bothered now , think I’ll vac the house and do the dishes , maybe I’ll get lucky tonight
 ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2019, 01:48:09 pm »

I looked at the forecast this morning and thought sack it , it’s turned out great but I can’t be bothered now , think I’ll vac the house and do the dishes , maybe I’ll get lucky tonight
 ;D ;D ;D

There wont be no luck inolved if youve put the graft in, youve earned it!

And if she says no, i would make sure she knows thats the last time you will be doing womens jobs!  ;D

Ste b

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2019, 02:16:40 pm »
Can’t remember exact size but it was either a 30 or 36 foot brodex day in day out on domestic.

To make it worse i used to extend it from the base end not the brush end for about the first 6 months. God they where hard days.
The purpose of life is to have a life full of purpose

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2019, 05:33:09 pm »
I don't use EzSnap/Rectus 21 fittings on my hose any more, or 'O' clamps.  I only use JG now. Much less troublesome for me.  Also, they are quicker, easier and cheaper to replace. 
Though I do run a tubeless setup I don't use the tubeless kit anymore. It's simpler just with a JG connector at the bottom of the pole.
I also found as a trolley user that the digital electronic controllers gave me grief due to the shorter (18-25mtr) inflexible PU hose I use.  So now I just use a simple PWM controller.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

nathankaye

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2019, 05:48:03 pm »
I don't use EzSnap/Rectus 21 fittings on my hose any more, or 'O' clamps.  I only use JG now. Much less troublesome for me.  Also, they are quicker, easier and cheaper to replace. 
Though I do run a tubeless setup I don't use the tubeless kit anymore. It's simpler just with a JG connector at the bottom of the pole.
I also found as a trolley user that the digital electronic controllers gave me grief due to the shorter (18-25mtr) inflexible PU hose I use.  So now I just use a simple PWM controller.

Oh, forgot about them as well.  Same here, push fit fittings now and same for tubeless setup as well. Makes life so much easier and like you said, much cheaper to replace.
I think i got a bog of 100 push fit 8mm to 8mm straight connects from ebay for £5
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2019, 06:06:18 pm »
george program/PDA
gas shower heaters and bottles
trolleys and barrels
rectus 21
clx poles
trad pole with vice versa
manual reels
gardiner SL brushes/original sill brushes
ladder stand off
warning cones
price higher/work harder!

windowswashed

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2019, 08:29:48 pm »
No more wet weather jobs like guttering, pressure washing, pass them on to someone else

Windy Miller

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2019, 09:08:16 pm »
One of those terrible grey poles with a Vikan brush which I bought off Gumtree when I was starting out. Almost scarred me for life, thankfully I discovered Gardiner products soon after!
Clarke Gutter Vac - earned it's price back and plenty more but the aluminium poles were hard work over porch roofs etc.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2019, 09:43:48 pm »
Trolley system with aluminium poles.
Trailer system. (Though I might again if I became virtually retired and was just keeping my hand in)
Flow controller.

Still use warning cones.
It's a game of three halves!

Spotfree

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2019, 08:49:07 am »

Oh, forgot about them as well.  Same here, push fit fittings now and same for tubeless setup as well. Makes life so much easier and like you said, much cheaper to replace.
I think i got a bog of 100 push fit 8mm to 8mm straight connects from ebay for £5

I'm starting to hate the rectus fittings, but they stop the flow when disconnected, how do the JG fittings stop the flow?

nathankaye

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2019, 10:33:05 am »
You can get a tap/valve fitting if you want but apart from that, your right, it doesnt stop the flow.
However  as you probably know, i have a tap on the main hose which is by my side. So a quick flick, its off. Or else pinch the hose?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2019, 11:37:15 am »
What is the issue people have with rectus ? I've always used them and never really thought about it.

They seem fine to me

Granny

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2019, 11:49:29 am »
How do you connect the microbore reel hose to the pole hose with  8mm to 8mm JG fittings?

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2019, 11:59:10 am »
How do you connect the microbore reel hose to the pole hose with  8mm to 8mm JG fittings?

This is on my tube less kit, as my pole hose is 8mm od. So at the end of my pole on the hose, i have a push fit connection.

On my microbore I have a barb tap valve fitted. After the tap is a 8mm push fit. So my set up is:
Micorbore / 8mm barb tap valve inlet and outlet is an 8mm pushfit/ 8mm rhino hose (pole hose)

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Granny

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2019, 12:33:05 pm »
Oh thanks Nathan never knew you could get those push fit connectors, only trouble I can see it looks a bit bulky and prone to catch when you're reeling it in round corners etc.

dd

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2019, 02:57:24 pm »
Not what I would use, but it should not catch too much as it is at the end of the hose.