Plankton

Diy... YES Diy system for 2019
« on: December 17, 2018, 12:18:45 pm »
As I've said I'll be going for a two man setup so I've put together a list on Ebay of the bigger items and now I'm looking at the hose, joiners etc for connecting the tank to the pumps to the reels and a fill connection on tank lid.
I thought this is what I'll base it on; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SALE-500L-FRAMED-BUDGET-DI-PURE-WATER-SYSTEM-Kit-2-user-window-cleaning/351934550533?hash=item51f0ef1205:g:9dEAAOxyMd1SFMT7:rk:2:pf:0
So I emailed to see if they'd sell it without the reels, di and sht pole and have the hoses a little longer at the back for feeding the reels which I lift out. They replied with prices for some items but not all so I phoned to ask if they'd sell me everything I'd need on the listing excluding the two reels the di and the sht pole.... She wasn't wearing it!
So someone will call me back but I didn't think this would have been a hard ask.

Rough prices online are;
500 litre tank £250 https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/water-storage/standard-size-vehicle-tanks/500-litre-water-tank-upright.html
Frame £180 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/500l-upright-Tank-Retaining-Frame-for-window-cleaning/192055139226
Pump/controller on panel £170 x 2 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100PSI-SHURFLO-PUMP-WATER-GENIE-DIGITAL-FLOW-CONTROLLER-ON-PANEL-WINDOW-CLEANI/192094357776
Battery £125 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-105AH-Numax-XDC31MF-Deep-Cycle-Leisure-Marine-Battery-Motorhome-Caravan-Boat/192019436895
Reel £140 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/READY-TO-USE-6mm-Microbore-Reel-Trolley-With-100mtr-hose-and-Rectus-21-Coupling/163323509678
Tank outlet £28 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LARGE-TANK-OUTLET-FITTINGS-KIT/252441922348?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Plankton

Re: Diy... YES Diy system for 2019
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 07:30:17 pm »
Still waiting for them to call back but it does say on the listing that - "You can customise your system too Just let us know if you require a larger pole or bigger tank"
And
"Please note that we can change the size of the waterfed pole to your requirements. Your options are 4ft, 9ft, 13ft, 21ft, 24ft, 27ft, 31ft or NO POLE. The prices will alter slightly to reflect this so please call for more information"

So if they remove the sht pole then all they need to do is remove reels and di..... And I'll buy it! Should be simple.

Cookie

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 09:57:09 pm »
If they're taking this long  to give you a price for something how long are they going to take if something goes wrong and you need their assistance? I wouldn't have thought they'd be that busy this time of year.

I'd 'phone a few other suppliers if I were you .....

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 11:10:45 pm »
You just love making things harder than they have to be dont you .
Just look at the list of what you need and bang the orders in , the trouble with swapping this for that and that for this is asking for trouble , more so via Ebay !
Use the trusted suppliers at the best prices , if I had to build a system I would need 1 HR on the pooter and have it all at my door ready to fit over this weekend , providing no lead times where in the mix of course .
Waiting for a quote via ebay would not be an option for me !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Plankton

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 11:54:32 pm »
I know after a few hours I phoned back and "he's on the other line" I'm thinking I'm parting with money here (or trying to at least) but what if I bought something faulty? So I phoned Pure Freedom and he emailed me within 5 minutes! But when I called PF I was a bit eh I think I need umm 12 of... and the wee man was screaming behind me.... so I've just emailed him back with what I think need.
I also emailed The cleaning warehouse pointing out that their listing states you can customise it so can I have a price without the pole and at least take one reel off it. I've only ever bought a Univalve off them and I've not heard anything on here about them so looked at reviews, vast majority are good with a handfull of poor communications.

So I'll wait and see if they reply and I've asked PF for a price with and without a frame but other than that I don't know any other suppliers. Grippa is focused on the crash tested thing where as I'm not bolting anything to the van so it defeats the purpose of buying something that expensive to strap it down.
There's a place near Edinburgh but they have designed a brush that HMan would be embarrassed to shout about and they also have a couple of other things that could get you the jail for looking like being involved with some terrorist plot. 

Plankton

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 12:12:17 am »
You just love making things harder than they have to be dont you .
Just look at the list of what you need and bang the orders in , the trouble with swapping this for that and that for this is asking for trouble , more so via Ebay !
Use the trusted suppliers at the best prices , if I had to build a system I would need 1 HR on the pooter and have it all at my door ready to fit over this weekend , providing no lead times where in the mix of course .
Waiting for a quote via ebay would not be an option for me !
I though that would have been the easy option to have them take a couple of things of it rather than order from umpteen different places and then waiting for a couple of silly wee things that don't turn up. I'd prefer to dump my tank elsewhere when the delivery comes and stick the new stuff in so it's not lying around.
Come January that's when I will be making things hard for myself!

Plankton

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 11:46:01 am »
Glutton for punishment here so I persisted in getting a price for the kit excluding the pole and reels. I got there after a few emails with the wrong answers and he doesn't know why I feel like I'm banging my head of a wall.
Purefreedom on the other hand got back again with two costings for all the parts with and without a frame which reconfirms my sanity and that I'm not asking for something in Swahili.

Plankton

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 10:46:14 pm »
Ordered pretty much everything today so going on previous discussions with batteries I went for the Numax XDC over the Numax CXV both are 105ah but £35 of a difference. Apparently it's much better!
I'll assume that the controllers are all from Spring and pumps are around the same standard, never had a preference there so it's a Shurflo and Flowmaster.
Other than that there's nothing note worthy, tanks are tanks and I know who's driving my van so there's no drilling or modifications involved and it's back to a Wydale.
In previous years I had an issue with air locks using a diy setup so hopefully I'll avoid it this time round. Although folks do mount there pumps high up and claim there's no issue I'll probably keep them close to the floor.
I'll now fill the tank via the di due to running two pumps so I can still use the old resin to the max, not sure if it was an old wifes tale about stripping the resin if you fill it too fast?
Won't be fitting an immersion as it'll most likely cause a problem and I have a hot outdoor supply andI don't like hole saw attachments.  :'(
As HMan would say "that's about it" Although I did buy another Uni valve.

Plankton

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 12:59:18 pm »
That's everything delivered so all I need is my fecking van back from the body shop so I can get it kitted out.

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2018, 01:57:24 pm »
All looks lovely and new, wait till its been in a week and covered in shyte

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 10:09:25 am »
Pump and battery look too small....
price higher/work harder!

Plankton

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2018, 10:37:17 am »
???

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2018, 10:42:35 am »
what van is it ? if its a transit mk7  the second battery goes under the drivers seat out the way no need for a box

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2018, 10:48:16 am »
???

It must be the angle of the photo......
price higher/work harder!

Plankton

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2018, 10:48:43 am »
It's a 17 plate but I will have the battery in the back and plug in every night, I use an outside socket and run the charger and heater from this.

Plankton

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2018, 10:53:09 am »
It'll be the same pump and controller panels (two of them) in the links above although it was £40 more as I got it from PF.
https://purefreedom.co.uk/product/100psi-shurflo-pumpstrainer-flowmaster-controller-back-plate-copy/