P @ F

Ova 8 withdrawn ?
« on: March 01, 2018, 01:19:24 am »
The Mrs has seen on FB that the pole has been removed from release for some legal reason or other , anybody shed any light ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Clever Forum Name

Re: Ova 8 withdrawn ?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 08:24:17 am »
Ionics have a similar pole coming out and they may have the patent for basically oval poles. It's not the shape just the wording.

Jonny 87

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 11:53:26 am »
Heard through the jungle drums it’s 2 patent infringements.

One from gardiners - clamps
One from ionics - gooseneck

Either way, they are going to be out of pocket a lot now. Someone should have done their research.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 12:02:30 pm »
been removed :o
i dont understand how the clamps are the issue as theyre the same as the other clamps on streamline poles arent they?

mufcglen

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 02:04:32 pm »
looks like theyve removed the springs so must be some truth in the gardiner threat!
http://ova-8.com/ova-8-news/

Plankton

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 03:06:13 pm »
So it's not an oval pole. It's D shaped.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 03:59:15 pm »
looks like theyve removed the springs so must be some truth in the gardiner threat!
http://ova-8.com/ova-8-news/

Love the reason "found to be redundant" ;D yeah, that's why you implemented it to begin with!! In other words... they have had to remove it because of patent infringement!!  ;D
Comfortably Numb!

Marc Stock

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 04:46:47 pm »
Honestly, what a load of marketing poop!

Window cleaners want a pole that

Doesn't cost the earth
Lasts longer than 1 year with constant use
Provides a good return on investment

All this marketing hype, with D shaped poles (clearly going to be a wear issue on those, the edges will wear thin and eventually...snap), go faster stripe graphics, and super duper whatever.. is designed to do one thing. and one thing only. Waste your money.

The reason why Gardiner poles have been so successful, and continue to be so is due to one thing.

They stick to what works.

zesty

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 04:50:09 pm »
Honestly, what a load of marketing poop!

Window cleaners want a pole that

Doesn't cost the earth
Lasts longer than 1 year with constant use
Provides a good return on investment

All this marketing hype, with D shaped poles (clearly going to be a wear issue on those), go faster stripe graphics, and super duper whatever.. is designed to do one thing. and one thing only. Waste your money.

The reason why Gardiner poles have been so successful, and continue to be so is due to one thing.

They stick to what works.

Well said that man.

It always makes me laugh when people fall for the marketing hype.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 05:25:59 pm »
It might work but I would be concerned that the area of "wear" is very concentrated!
Comfortably Numb!

P @ F

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2018, 05:31:18 pm »
It might work but I would be concerned that the area of "wear" is very concentrated!
Yes , that is the beauty of good old round poles , take the clamp off , spin the clamp 180* and glue back on .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Marc Stock

Re: Ova 8 withdrawn ? New
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2018, 06:38:50 pm »
By the time your pole starts to spin around, its time to replace it anyway.

By the time these D shaped poles will need replacing, they would have already spectacularly cracked down the sides without notice and cause a problem.

Looking at thier website, not one person even looks like a qualified mechanical engineer..
Nope..., well ...one has a degree in mechanical engineering and i can tell you the sort of drawings i have seen from these graduates is nothing short of...well lts just say common sense goes out the window

We (my family)own an engineering business and i can tell you now, the reason why poles are ROUND is because it is the strongest most efficent shape to spread load & wear. You will not believe the ammount of rubbish we get sent to "make" from so called engineers, many cant even send a half decent drawing these days.