tom20001

Cleaning fascia and soffit
« on: June 24, 2016, 08:24:39 am »
Hi lads

As subject above ive been cleaning the pvc for some time with my wfp. Previously i used to clean it with my pressure washer off a ladder. While the wfp is certainly safer , it is my opinion that it is very strenous on the back relative to the pressure washer. Recently ive been having problems with my back and i think its down it some part to the scrubbing of fascia and gutters with wfp. For this reason im considering purchasing a telescopic pole for pressure washer to wash the same.

Any good links for advice on buying a telescopic pole?

dazmond

Re: Cleaning fascia and soffit
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 08:40:20 am »
f/s/g cleans are usually harder work than regular window cleaning for sure.esp on shoulders/arms/upper back.

to minimise strain i use very hot water and an extreme brush and pole when cleaning upper f/s/g.seems to help.

i wouldnt use a pressure washer off a ladder as i dont think its very safe at all and its messy.personally i think its a stupid idea.
price higher/work harder!

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 09:53:10 am »
Hi lads

As subject above ive been cleaning the pvc for some time with my wfp. Previously i used to clean it with my pressure washer off a ladder. While the wfp is certainly safer , it is my opinion that it is very strenous on the back relative to the pressure washer. Recently ive been having problems with my back and i think its down it some part to the scrubbing of fascia and gutters with wfp. For this reason im considering purchasing a telescopic pole for pressure washer to wash the same.

Any good links for advice on buying a telescopic pole?

If you have a problem with your back just wait until you try using a fibreglass & ali telescopic pressure washer pole.
From my own experience you can actually do more damage than good trying to clean plastics using a pressure washer.

tom20001

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 08:00:48 am »
Any links for this telescopic pole lads that i can connect up to powerwasher

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 04:52:18 pm »
I got one for sale if your any where near Worcester

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 08:26:27 pm »
Buy one by all means but then don't come crying to pappa smurf because yer back hurts and/or you do damage to the plastics, guttering joints start leaking, fascia & soffit trim flys off, vents fall out of the soffits, cutomer moans his loft insulation is wet afterwads etc etc  as I will only say "I told you so."  ;D ;D

Oh and good luck if just expecting a washer teliscopic lance to get rid of stubbon staining as you maybe sadly dissapointed it don't.

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 08:47:24 pm »
I got one for sale if your any where near Worcester

So you also thought they were a good idea at the time just like me until you tried using it  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 08:56:36 pm »
Gardiner also do a pressure washer/softwash adapter that fits into a clx or slx type pole with the top section removed first.
Then all you do is source the type of fittings, high pressue or low pressure pole hose, nozzles, trigger etc you want to use.

tom20001

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 06:49:31 am »
Gardiner also do a pressure washer/softwash adapter that fits into a clx or slx type pole with the top section removed first.
Then all you do is source the type of fittings, high pressue or low pressure pole hose, nozzles, trigger etc you want to use.

That sounds interesting mate have u a link for this as look it up and cant find anything. Ehat way does it work exactly

Cheers

simonr

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 07:03:27 am »

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 07:55:55 am »
Here is an example of  modded wfp being used for pressure washing using hot water/steam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqqY4mbTQ-M

tom20001

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 09:41:35 am »
Thanks lads il call up gardiners and see what they say as not sure what way it would work

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 09:53:25 am »
You could also give Ben a call from rutland pumps as I'm sure he will be able to give you advice on the best way to adapt a wfp for pressure washing.