How many floors can you reach with your gardiners pole?
« on: November 25, 2015, 08:16:21 pm »
Hi all, iv currently got a clx 27 and can reach 3 floors- gardiners advertise the poles in feet but how many floors is that?
Is it worth buying extension poles for the clx or would it end up too heavy?
If I had a job bigger than 3 floors, which pole would I need?
How many floors would a extreme 47 reach?
Thank you

Smudger

Re: How many floors can you reach with your gardiners pole?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 08:24:37 pm »
As a guide it's 10ft per floor

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Matt.

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 08:30:04 pm »
Extreme 47 with 1 6ft extension

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 08:34:07 pm »
Wow that's awesome!
That high up- do you rinse on the glass?
Which brush would you use?

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 08:38:08 pm »
As a guide it's 10ft per floor

Darran

Cheers pal

Matt.

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 08:57:20 pm »
Wow that's awesome!
That high up- do you rinse on the glass?
Which brush would you use?
Yes  mate rinse on the glass and that pole has the sill brush on it but will be changing over to x line brushes

tonycarr

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 09:01:01 pm »
Hi all, iv currently got a clx 27 and can reach 3 floors- gardiners advertise the poles in feet but how many floors is that?
Thank you

hi shrek......i use the CLX 27 with No7 extension which gives me 31ft with around 35ft reach, (that as high as you can go with the CLX range) not enough for 4th floor, as mentioned there`s normally around 10ft between floors, sometimes more on commercial.
as regards weight, when im working on my own ill use mainly my wife`s 22ft, but when she`s out with me ill use the  the 27 with extension all day long, i don`t really find it heavy at all.
the reason i use it at that length all day is because i like to have a tap at end of pole with loop in hose, so its not easy to remove or add sections at a whim, but again i don`t find it that heavy, the No7 section only adds another 380g

tony
T & J Window Cleaning services

Matt.

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 09:02:24 pm »
This one took 3 extensions so pole was 65 ft plus my reach and I just about touch the top of the arch at the top of the glass

Matt.

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 09:06:12 pm »
That arch on the station is getting done again in December I just hope it's not windy

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 09:57:05 pm »
Thank you

hi shrek......i use the CLX 27 with No7 extension which gives me 31ft with around 35ft reach, (that as high as you can go with the CLX range) not enough for 4th floor, as mentioned there`s normally around 10ft between floors, sometimes more on commercial.
as regards weight, when im working on my own ill use mainly my wife`s 22ft, but when she`s out with me ill use the  the 27 with extension all day long, i don`t really find it heavy at all.
the reason i use it at that length all day is because i like to have a tap at end of pole with loop in hose, so its not easy to remove or add sections at a whim, but again i don`t find it that heavy, the No7 section only adds another 380g

tony

Cheers pal , I could be in with a chance of a 5 storey building, doing it once a month so I really didn't know which one to get... Maybe it's gonna be the extreme 🤔

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 09:59:05 pm »
That arch on the station is getting done again in December I just hope it's not windy

You the man Matty! looks like you've got some decent jobs.... How would you quote something like that? by pane?
guessing how many hours it'd take?

tonycarr

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 10:33:07 pm »
hi shrek....this ones on ebay, said he`d take £475 buy it now although i think he`d take a bit less for cash. it`s 65ft so plenty long enough.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161892973846?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

tony

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 10:51:38 pm »
Will it be heavy with being aluminium?

Matt.

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 10:56:26 pm »

You the man Matty! looks like you've got some decent jobs.... How would you quote something like that? by pane?
Shrek, am sorry mate I wouldn't be prepared to discuss how I priced up this job on this forum, if u ever come across a big job that u unsure of how to price up best thing is to get in touch by phone or email. There's far to many sneaky people who come on here that sit there lurking and trying to poach other people's work.
I have some fantastic jobs already lined up for next year and still a few big ones to get done before the year is out
I suppose am just lucky I guess !!

Mattlogan@btinternet.com

tonycarr

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 11:08:34 pm »
Will it be heavy with being aluminium?

not sure?  it may depend on what grade aluminium it is?  its actually part carbon,

best to message him

tony

Mick Kent

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 11:12:16 pm »
Slx 25 can do most 3 story buildings and sometimes 4 with a stretch.

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 11:14:44 pm »

Shrek, am sorry mate I wouldn't be prepared to discuss how I priced up this job on this forum, if u ever come across a big job that u unsure of how to price up best thing is to get in touch by phone or email. There's far to many sneaky people who come on here that sit there lurking and trying to poach other people's work.
I have some fantastic jobs already lined up for next year and still a few big ones to get done before the year is out
I suppose am just lucky I guess !!

Mattlogan@btinternet.com

Nice 1 pal, il send you an email 👍

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2015, 07:02:40 am »
hi shrek....this ones on ebay, said he`d take £475 buy it now although i think he`d take a bit less for cash. it`s 65ft so plenty long enough.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161892973846?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

tony

5.6kg , extreme is about 3.5kg at that height I think, thank you for spotting it though, cheers pal

CleanClear

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2015, 04:18:04 pm »

I don't envy you. You doing them of a night when all the drunks are about?
I can imagine how many times you get......eh! Mate, you missed a bit !!   ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Matt.

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2015, 05:32:29 pm »
It's quite comical tbh, ye u get the odd nob who does ya head in but we have had some funny nights on that station,
Grown women getting there boobs out to u wen u r working away ;D

And this was our first job for network rail, we now have 4 major stations under our belts   :o

So ......... "hey u missed a bit" or "I can do that giz ago" can be shouted to me all day long  ......... Maybe 1 of the big bosses heard these shouts and that's why they having us back so soon  ;D