lee_dewing

Re: Taking the next step?
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 07:13:51 pm »
In my humble opinion I had the idea of taking on a youngster at £30 a day.

Then once their up to speed build more work on  the basis of putting together another round for a franchisee.

Never employed anyone and not looking forward to the day I need to, which seems to be not far away.

There must be some youngsters out there who want to work?
Might have to confiscate their toys at the start of the day (phone)

If you had the right employee hopefully you could keep them motivated with pay rises and also a chance to be a franchisee somewhere in the future.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

NWH

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 08:37:18 pm »
Blimey £30 a day good if you can that would be like having someone working for me for free lol,I can do that on a few shops before 8-15. That's nothing short of sweatshop money you'd be paying him lol

Smudger

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2015, 10:12:15 pm »
It takes more than just pay rises to keep people motivated  :o

I'd advise against a youngster - not that they won't put in a hard day, but many customers are wary of letting lads of that age around their property, my youngest worker is 22 - tallish and solidly built, and when he started I got a few comments of concern that he was too young, the other problem is van insurance under 25 will set you back a lot of money ( I mean a lot! )

Then there's holiday pay, NI, now pensions on the horizon, uniform, insurances - the list goes on !

Enjoy ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

lee_dewing

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2015, 11:12:39 pm »
What should you pay am employee say 18 year old?

Darran when you say van insurance do you mean letting employee drive your van.

I would not have an employee driving my van.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

NWH

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 03:10:19 pm »
IMO 22 is still way to young for me I've had slightly older and I have been lucky enough to get the ones on benefits with a lazy arsed girlfriend with a couple of kids that keep moaning at him for actually going to work lol. The fact of the matter is with this job so many people still think they can turn up when they like the worst thing I could ever do at the time was to say we've had a good couple of weeks we are on track to catch up,a week goes by and they automatically think they are entitled to a day or 2 off. I would go for someone late 20s at the yougest and they would definitely have to have bills to pay otherwise I wouldn't employ them. Ex army or someone looking to work hard for 3 days a week for a sensible wage is not peanuts,IMO you need to pay someone more than they can get most other places doing a physical job or they won't last 5 minutes.