Jon_Phelps

Finally I'm Back!!!! oh and what work boots?
« on: October 06, 2015, 02:24:45 pm »
6 weeks ago i broke my ankle at work in an accident that shouldn't have happened.  A stupid decision on my part and a massive lesson learned!

but good news.......

my cast was removed today.  the doctor said I've healed extremely well, so much in fact that they don't need to give me one of those boot thingy's just a compression bandage for the swelling.  gave walking a try and all is well although the joint is a little stiff.  nothing that the physio won't be able to fix.

extremely happy and glad to be able to get back to work.  although i will be taking it slowly for a little while.

looking to buy some good waterproof winter boots too for some added ankle support, so if anyone can recommend a pair that would be great!

many thanks,

Jon

stig

Re: Finally I'm Back!!!! oh and what work boots?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 04:09:50 pm »
Having tried all the boots on market ive finally found a pair what last me more than 8or9 months...they are opgear leather boots,ive got 2more pairs on my shelf ...brand new off ebayŁ 30 ..prison issue.....plenty of dubbing and last you.
dont crap on people on theway up,you might meet um on the way down...

Rich Wilts

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 04:12:38 pm »
Wait til your out on the street with kerbstones, in gardens with obstacles, patio furniture and all the crap people leave lying round. It'll be a bit different then for a while.

Good luck though, don't run before you can walk ;)

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 04:14:31 pm »
Welcome back Jon....Why not give magnum boots a try