mike1986

xtreme flocked hybrid brush-Rubbish!
« on: August 25, 2015, 11:37:24 am »
Bought one of these and it lasted 6 weeks. The blue bristles fray and block the water jets, and i only use cold water.

samson

Re: xtreme flocked hybrid brush-Rubbish!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 12:16:16 pm »
Sorry for your loss  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 01:12:32 pm »
Sorry for your loss  ;D

You crack me up  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 01:14:28 pm »
Bought one of these and it lasted 6 weeks. The blue bristles fray and block the water jets, and i only use cold water.

I hope you told Alex Gardiner too what you thought of the brush ::)roll

SeanK

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 02:31:53 pm »
Have never tried one I use the xtreme medium mixed (black and white) mines well over a year old but as Iv had time on
the sick its had about 8 months use and still going strong.
Try dipping your brush in boiling water and straighten out the bristles that worked for a while on my xtreme soft that didn't
last well.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 03:57:46 pm »
Extreme brushes are not long lasting at all and they haven't got the scrubbing power..

They're ok for the fairy's who can't handle the weight of a SL brush though ;D

ascjim

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 04:37:07 pm »
6 weeks is standard for any Extreme brush

Rich Wilts

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 04:44:21 pm »
About time the extremes were discontinued to be honest. Alex was trying to cater for that part of the market that cant actually be satisfied -  light weight, long lasting brush with the scrubbing power of a bulk standard flocked. Impossible to achieve. If it could have it would have and it aint.

CleanClear

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 04:48:55 pm »
My extremes are over two years old. I don't use any other brush.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

CleanClear

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 04:52:32 pm »
Just checked with my mate who runs two man and works a lot harder than me. And probably cleans in a week what some clean in a month. His extreme sill brushes are over two years old too.

What are you all doing with them ?

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 05:02:29 pm »
I liked them whilst I was using them but did find it odd the way the top row of bristles went one way and the bottom row the opposite. The more I used them the worse it got. But then these brushes do take a caning. It's not surprising sometimes that they don't last long. I currently have swapped to the Supremes. I like the splay of the bristles, gets right in the corners.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

dd

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2015, 05:18:34 pm »
Just checked with my mate who runs two man and works a lot harder than me. And probably cleans in a week what some clean in a month. His extreme sill brushes are over two years old too.

Think you maybe confused as there is no such thing as an extreme sill brush.

I would think any brush that has been used regularly for two years will have lost some scrubbing power as the ends of the bristles will have worn, even if the brush looks OK.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2015, 05:18:57 pm »
The extremes are OK if you ve got a strain or for work over 30ft.i mainly use the supreme brushes these days as their better for cleaning sills and have better scrubbing power.

I don't think Alex should discontinue them though!
price higher/work harder!

the king

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2015, 05:27:35 pm »
i found the extremes dung no scrubing power at all they remind me of a big tooth brush ;D the supreme is the one to use i think, im not even a fan of the sl brushes  eather or the sill ones

CleanClear

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2015, 05:46:25 pm »

Think you maybe confused as there is no such thing as an extreme sill brush.

I would think any brush that has been used regularly for two years will have lost some scrubbing power as the ends of the bristles will have worn, even if the brush looks OK.

You might be right!! Just checked, his sill brushes are superlights ? I've got three extremes though. Infact the one i use daily is the original extreme mono. Alex said he doesn't do them anymore. So if he tells us when he discontinued them that will give a clue to how old mine is. Its probably over three years old and just like new really.

simonr

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 06:11:32 pm »
i have 2 extreme  brushes over 2 years old, 1 is still in daily use  but i also have an extreme medium hybrid which has been used every day since the start of may &  i've just had to turn it round as the top bristles are pretty  worn so the older type would seem to of been better

jk999

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 07:21:33 pm »
The new supreme s are not that good either two weeks of use and it looks like a year old brush won't be getting  them again

SeanK

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2015, 07:38:26 pm »
Scrubbing power I always laugh at that one, they're for cleaning glass not the floor.

kempy

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 08:08:46 pm »
Good reports about the X -Line brushes .
Ive just bought a new 18ft Slx and the brush came with it , but will soon buy the Tecbuk  or X-Line to replace it .
Gardiner poles are Awesome , the brushes I feel could be better at scrubbing or longevity .

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2015, 08:12:10 pm »
sometimes if ive got a particular run of houses to clean with lots of awkward angle windows to clean ill also pop an extreme brush on and they clean just fine esp if you use a gardiners scraper fitted as well for stubborn birdmuck.
price higher/work harder!

samson

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2015, 09:37:34 pm »
Are Dazmond and Alex Gardiner the same person . . . . . .think about it  :o

dd

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 11:21:04 am »
Scrubbing power I always laugh at that one, they're for cleaning glass not the floor.
I find windows need a good scrub to loosen/remove dirt, some more than others. Personally I have found a brush with good scrubbing power cleans better and faster.

How old is your tooth brush? Same principle, bristles wear. I probably don't spend more than 5 minutes a day brushing my teeth but after 6 months or so the toothbrush cleans less effectively.

SeanK

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 11:49:38 am »
I find windows need a good scrub to loosen/remove dirt, some more than others. Personally I have found a brush with good scrubbing power cleans better and faster.

How old is your tooth brush? Same principle, bristles wear. I probably don't spend more than 5 minutes a day brushing my teeth but after 6 months or so the toothbrush cleans less effectively.

Come on mate, Unless your in an area that gets heavily saturated in bird poo there is very little that gets on the glass that
requires a major scrub, even then I find the Xtreme lifts bird poo every bit as well as all the other brushes Iv used over the years.
As with most things wfp its all in your head, because the brush is light and doesn't have the same amount of bristles that some
of the heavier brushes have then they cant possibly work.
As for changing the brush, yes you change it when its no longer fit for purpose the same as you would do with any piece of
equipment.

CleanClear

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2015, 05:39:34 pm »

Explain flocked brushes to me ?

Smurf

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2015, 05:48:57 pm »

Explain flocked brushes to me ?

It seems that flocked is flooked  ;D
Difference is the ends of the bristles are frayed so more bristle ends touch the surface you are cleaning but you can't rinse on the glass using a flocked brush