David Beecroft

Re: Which Gutter Vac?
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2015, 07:45:36 am »
I didn't buy a vacuum off them, being the most important component I wanted one from a reputable maker.
So I bought a Numatic 900-GD. Twin motors, 2400watt. Very reliable and powerful enough for the job. :)

David Beecroft

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2015, 04:27:24 pm »
Well here it is, total cost £1019.25p. Used it for the 1st time today, well pleased.

Thanks for every ones input, its been very helpful. :)

wpclean

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2015, 04:41:41 pm »
How did the job go, did you use a camera ?

David Beecroft

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2015, 04:55:29 pm »
No camera, its still in the post somewhere between here and the USA. I did use the mirror they provided though and it did the trick on a 3 bedroom semi, any higher though would have been too high for it. One of the downpipes was clogged, in the past I would put ladders up and dismantle it to empty it, however the tools did the job from the ground. It was very satisfying to hear the sound of water suddenly rush down the down pipe. Job done.

wpclean

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2015, 06:06:52 pm »
Well done, you will find a narrower pipe on the end will help a lot when you are vacuuming the down pipes, as the 50mm often is too wide.       I have a load of old 50mm ali tubing that I been cutting, and forming into different fittings for awkward jobs.

lee_dewing

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2015, 10:07:56 am »
David.
Enjoyed reading your post.
Looking to have a guttervac  late summer; same as you service existing customers.

I found when looking gutter cleaning systems Norfolk seemed to have best tool's fitting to top of poles.

I sppke to someone there may have been Nick older guy guessing he was
The boss man.

I'm glad David you verified what he said regarding blockages.
Nick? Said he turned vacuum off and just used tools at the end of the poles to hook oit weeds etc.

I think I'll get aluminium poles to see how the new venture goes; nick said their staff had been using them all day for years.

I plan to get the nisflik vac from machine mart under £150.

Sure it's avo that has this vac.
Also camera from china was on ebay if it's still there it was aboutt £80.
Know someone uses that camera and happy with.
Think might total out lay will be around £500.

But David I do think you have done exceptional well there with a great vac and carbon poles at probably half the cheapest price of the big boys and I do believe the tools you have at the top of the pole are the best around and save using a ladder which as youself have no intention doing.
Great replies from everyone too.
Thanks  Lee.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Avo

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2015, 02:36:37 pm »
David.
Enjoyed reading your post.
Looking to have a guttervac  late summer; same as you service existing customers.

I found when looking gutter cleaning systems Norfolk seemed to have best tool's fitting to top of poles.

I sppke to someone there may have been Nick older guy guessing he was
The boss man.

I'm glad David you verified what he said regarding blockages.
Nick? Said he turned vacuum off and just used tools at the end of the poles to hook oit weeds etc.

I think I'll get aluminium poles to see how the new venture goes; nick said their staff had been using them all day for years.

I plan to get the nisflik vac from machine mart under £150.

Sure it's avo that has this vac.
Also camera from china was on ebay if it's still there it was aboutt £80.
Know someone uses that camera and happy with.
Think might total out lay will be around £500.

But David I do think you have done exceptional well there with a great vac and carbon poles at probably half the cheapest price of the big boys and I do believe the tools you have at the top of the pole are the best around and save using a ladder which as youself have no intention doing.
Great replies from everyone too.
Thanks  Lee.
they only sell it has a 1400watt vac now which don't have the same suction as the older 1800watt I gave my 1400 away

lee_dewing

« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2015, 07:01:47 pm »
thanks Avo will have to re-thinkthe vac will be dearer than i tought then ::)roll
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Avo

Re: Which Gutter Vac? New
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2015, 07:43:18 pm »
I'm in the same boat looking to upgrade to something around £500 ish.
Numatic looks good wouldnt mind a cheeky video review from a forum member 😄👍

Another good one lee that won't break the bank  is the nilfisk maxxi 55 because it's not massive to carry about in the van, only £368 delivered and twin motors at 2,500 watts
I think spacevac do the vacuum with there pole sets but mental prices.