mark m

Re: Which Gutter Vac?
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2015, 05:26:34 pm »
I was impressed with space vac poles which I saw at the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvig_1Yu5_U

David Beecroft

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 06:03:31 pm »
Hi Again,  the Numatic 900 guttervac arrived today, good machine!
However being the numpty I am, I never read the specs properly for the gutter pole kit that came with it. To my dismay its only 38mm and not 51mm :'( . So that's going back. (its not exactly what was advertised anyway)
So now I'm in the market for gutter poles, 51mm vacuum hose and the end attachments. I think i'll take everyones advise and just pay for carbon fibre poles up front then I'm not wasting anymore time or money. If anyone has advice on the best buys for these items I'd appreciate it.  :)

David Beecroft

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2015, 07:20:41 pm »
Samson, you recommended www.carbonfibretubes.co.uk.  Has anyone bought from here? 6 poles for £400 seems reasonable compared to what other sites are offering. Are they good quality?

wpclean

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2015, 07:32:39 pm »
Samson, you recommended www.carbonfibretubes.co.uk.  Has anyone bought from here? 6 poles for £400 seems reasonable compared to what other sites are offering. Are they good quality?
Been using then over a year now, and they are still going strong.   You have to remember to keep the ends clean and lubricated or they can stick together !

Avo

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2015, 07:45:29 pm »
Hi Again,  the Numatic 900 guttervac arrived today, good machine!
However being the numpty I am, I never read the specs properly for the gutter pole kit that came with it. To my dismay its only 38mm and not 51mm :'( . So that's going back. (its not exactly what was advertised anyway)
So now I'm in the market for gutter poles, 51mm vacuum hose and the end attachments. I think i'll take everyones advise and just pay for carbon fibre poles up front then I'm not wasting anymore time or money. If anyone has advice on the best buys for these items I'd appreciate it.  :)
was there a side mounted 51mm inlet on this vac with reducers to 38mm hoses??

Nick Day

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2015, 07:48:30 pm »
We are guttercleaningsystems.co.uk. We got fed up reselling poles that were claimed to be 100% carbon fibre....but were not.
So we did a crash course in carbon fibre manufacture, built an oven, mandrel remover, had mandrels made and now make our own.
We can now guarantee 100% carbon fibre. Believe us, many make that claim but are not. We only make 51mm and they weigh in at approx. 450 grams for 5'6" tapered poles. You get 5' of useable pole.
We purchase our material and resins from Europes major supplier, our uni carbon fibre material is made in Scotland.

David Beecroft

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2015, 09:14:02 pm »

was there a side mounted 51mm inlet on this vac with reducers to 38mm hoses??

The side mounted inlet is 51mm with the usual screw-on Numatic hose fitting which houses 38mm hose.
I assume it will take a 51mm hose, if not I'll need an adapter.

David Beecroft

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2015, 09:18:57 pm »
We are guttercleaningsystems.co.uk. We got fed up reselling poles that were claimed to be 100% carbon fibre....but were not.
So we did a crash course in carbon fibre manufacture, built an oven, mandrel remover, had mandrels made and now make our own.
We can now guarantee 100% carbon fibre. Believe us, many make that claim but are not. We only make 51mm and they weigh in at approx. 450 grams for 5'6" tapered poles. You get 5' of useable pole.
We purchase our material and resins from Europes major supplier, our uni carbon fibre material is made in Scotland.
So can you compete with 6 poles for £400?

Nick Day

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2015, 12:26:24 pm »
Yes we can, all the sizes and prices are on the website.

David Beecroft

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2015, 02:00:25 pm »
Thanks, I'll have a look.  :)

NWH

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2015, 04:02:28 pm »
Just coz there carbon it won't mean they are light trust me,I have the  grippa poles and there light but as weak as kittens don't stand on one,mate of mine has another make of so called carbon gutter poles and they were  heavy I would look and try them first coz some of them when you get past 3 sections it's like wrestling a shark

David Beecroft

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2015, 06:07:47 pm »
There's no way I can see these poles before I buy, I live and work out in the sticks!! Would the weight give me any true indication of strength and durability?

David Beecroft

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2015, 06:09:18 pm »
Does anyone use the poles from Gutter Cleaning Systems? If so how would you rate them?

Blackadder

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2015, 06:22:45 pm »
I purchased a Space vac with 40ft of carbon fibre poles, loved it, it's easily paid for itself already and only had it six months, it's a good enough system.
Slight negatives are most of the time you have to get your hand in the gunge to allow the water to properly drain away, also, you must clean the poles out each time of use as any debris causes the joins to stick, once they are clean, they're a joy to put together.

robert mitchell

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2015, 03:33:06 pm »
i have the grippa tapered poles and they are very light ( around 330grams per 6ft section) they are strong if used correctly .......just don't stand on one because they are strong in that direction.
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

David Beecroft

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2015, 04:11:02 pm »
Well in the absence of anyone giving feedback on the poles from Gutter cleaning systems, I've ordered the 30' pole kit from them. They seem to be very good value for money (£350 inc attachments + £15 postage), They're advertised as tapered and are reckoned to weigh in at 440g each, I know there are lighter ones but I don't mind the extra weight if it translates into strength and rigidity. After all if I could work for years with a Brodex 45ft Aluminium pole for years, surely I can manage this? (Gardiner carbon fibre for past 4 years, phew!) I was going to order a vacuum hose off them but they took too long to return my call, so I just ordered it direct from Numatic.  I'll let you know how I get on regarding delivery and my impressions of the equipment.  :)

wpclean

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2015, 06:44:16 pm »
Well in the absence of anyone giving feedback on the poles from Gutter cleaning systems, I've ordered the 30' pole kit from them. They seem to be very good value for money (£350 inc attachments + £15 postage), They're advertised as tapered and are reckoned to weigh in at 440g each, I know there are lighter ones but I don't mind the extra weight if it translates into strength and rigidity. After all if I could work for years with a Brodex 45ft Aluminium pole for years, surely I can manage this? (Gardiner carbon fibre for past 4 years, phew!) I was going to order a vacuum hose off them but they took too long to return my call, so I just ordered it direct from Numatic.  I'll let you know how I get on regarding delivery and my impressions of the equipment.  :)
Do you work for gutter cleaning systems ?  ;D

David Beecroft

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2015, 07:03:09 pm »
Not unless they have a Scottish branch. Lol. ;D Don't worry I'll give a totally impartial opinion when I've used them!

David Beecroft

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2015, 07:37:22 pm »
Okay Guys ( & Gals ), the carbon poles etc arrived today! 1st impressions? they seem okay to me. The finishes are a bit untidy and the attachments are a bit DIY, obviously handmade in a workshop. e.g the inspection mirror is an internal car mirror pop riveted to a clip that fits the pole. The poles seem well enough made, again with one or two rough edges. The kit has obviously been devised by someone who has learned through trial and error and had enough DIY skills to make adjustments.
My conclusion so far? Its not slick and shiny but its the kind of thing I've produced after decades of window cleaning. For the price it seems good value.

Next thing is to use it in the field, which happens tomorrow.

Watch this space. :)

Avo

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2015, 08:37:39 pm »
Okay Guys ( & Gals ), the carbon poles etc arrived today! 1st impressions? they seem okay to me. The finishes are a bit untidy and the attachments are a bit DIY, obviously handmade in a workshop. e.g the inspection mirror is an internal car mirror pop riveted to a clip that fits the pole. The poles seem well enough made, again with one or two rough edges. The kit has obviously been devised by someone who has learned through trial and error and had enough DIY skills to make adjustments.
My conclusion so far? Its not slick and shiny but its the kind of thing I've produced after decades of window cleaning. For the price it seems good value.

Next thing is to use it in the field, which happens tomorrow.

Watch this space. :)
whats the power on the vac like?