concept

Liquid Logic S2
« on: December 07, 2012, 10:05:16 am »
Looking at the Gadiners Liquid Logic S2 as a plug and play solution to running my water production. Currently it's a battle remembering if I've left it on or not, so it seems like a great solution to fully automating production.

Does anybody use one? If so, what's the verdict?

I run my production from an external tap, which would need to be left on constantly, although the system has a shut down facility, would the build p pressure from the tap being open cause problems?

Ian Sheppard

Re: Liquid Logic S2
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 03:25:12 pm »
Please see link for data sheets

http://www.springltd.co/node/71

The short answer to the question is No it will not cause a problem.

Mains water has a constant pressure so once your tank is full and the solenoid valve closes to stop flow to the RO all that will happen is that the water will flow for a short time between the mains tap and the solenoid. Once the water reaches its natural pressure it will stop flowing.

Think of it this way Your kitchen tap is turned off for long periods, water will only flow when you turn the tap on. Turn it off and the water stops. The solenoid is just doing what you or I would do when we fill the kettle for a cuppa.

In the case of the S2 as soon as the Pure tank level falls the solenoids opens again and the mains water under natural pressure will flow until such time the tank is full again.

Bottom line is you can safely leave the external tap on permanently as water only flows to the RO when the solenoid valve opens.

Hope this helps

Ian
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

concept

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 03:47:59 pm »
Thank you very much for the reply, and on the shopping list it goes!

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 04:29:35 pm »
You are welcome.
V16 Is Here

concept

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 11:25:12 am »
Another question Ian, are connectors provided for solenoid and switch?

Cheers.

Anyone using one currently, would really like some feedback on these units.

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 11:28:07 am »

Cheers.

i tested one one the other day Simon and use regular , Thumbs up from me as well as the grippatank it was attached too ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

concept

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 11:57:57 am »

Cheers.

i tested one one the other day Simon and use regular , Thumbs up from me as well as the grippatank it was attached too ;)

This is for static system, not vehicle delivery system.

You got a Grippatank system?

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 12:05:41 pm »

Cheers.

This is for static system, not vehicle delivery system.

You got a Grippatank system?
not yet Simon, I met with the owners of grippatank on friday and asked them alot of questions in regards to every part they had on the system.

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

concept

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 12:18:01 pm »
Love the look of their systems, just the fact they dont do a hot option thats stopping me.

:'(

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 12:19:46 pm »
Love the look of their systems, just the fact they dont do a hot option thats stopping me.

hot can be added to it (just not by them mate.
that cetainly will not be putting me off (grimsby puts me off  ;)

concept

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 12:24:22 pm »

Opens up for problems though, people saing it wasn't them that fitted it, etc etc

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 02:32:01 pm »

Cheers.

Yes the connectors are supplied for the solenoid. the V2 on the Grippa system and the S2 are similar units although the S2 is more geared toward a pure water production set up and automating it,

Ian
V16 Is Here

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 02:37:24 pm »

Opens up for problems though, people saing it wasn't them that fitted it, etc etc
what problems, hot is hot other companies retro fit hot to other peoples systems all the time I swear purefreedom do this anyway, have you cant then or was just off the cuff comment Simon, im off the phone now if you want to call  ;)

concept

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 02:48:20 pm »

Cheers.

Yes the connectors are supplied for the solenoid. the V2 on the Grippa system and the S2 are similar units although the S2 is more geared toward a pure water production set up and automating it,

Ian

Many thanks again Ian

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 04:03:53 pm »

what problems, hot is hot other companies retro fit hot to other peoples systems all the time I swear purefreedom do this anyway, have you cant then or was just off the cuff comment Simon, im off the phone now if you want to call  ;)

Just a thought both the V2 and S2 will show water temperature as the TDS probe can also measure temp.
V16 Is Here

concept

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 01:18:33 pm »
Ordered, looking forward to having a play over Xmas.

Will do a full review on here once its in!

concept

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 05:27:32 pm »
Ian, I tried emailing you on the email in your profile but it bounced back?

Was asking whether the solenoid should go before or after booster, and what fittings are available for it.

Also, best fitting method for level switch, and any parts needed?

Cheers

R.C Property

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 12:05:03 am »
Is it just the to shut off the water flow to the static tanks when they are full?

I have ro that fills a static 1000lt tank fitted with a same control that is used in toilet systems. For the cost of £10. Works a treat for me.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 09:16:14 am »

Was asking whether the solenoid should go before or after booster, and what fittings are available for it.

Cheers

The solenoid can go before or after the booster pump as the unit will switch off the booster pump at the same time as the solenoid. Personally I would fit the solenoid after the booster pump though.

The solenoid valve has male 1/2"screw thread on either end therefore you can screw any connector with a 1/2" female screw thread.

You do not need any special fittings for the float valve. You will need to drill a hole near the top of the tank and the rubber fitting on the float switch pushes firmly into this. You will need to make sure when fitting the float switch that you do not mount it too high in the tank so that the float can fully activate without jamming against the top of the tank.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 09:23:46 am »
Is it just the to shut off the water flow to the static tanks when they are full?

I have ro that fills a static 1000lt tank fitted with a same control that is used in toilet systems. For the cost of £10. Works a treat for me.

If using a plumbing float valve on a commercial RO system all you are doing is effectively blocking the product pipe when the tank is full. This does not stop the RO working but all the water will be forced out through the waste. The downsides to this are that you are still consuming large quantities of water which is still being treated by the pre-filters. Also blocking the product outlet whilst not fully opening the flush valve could, long term, degrade the membrane.

The advantage of the S2 controller is that when the tank is full it shuts off the whole water supply to the RO unit. It also shuts off the power supply to a 240v booster pump. Additional features of these units are twin TDS water monitoring (pre and post DI) and water temperature monitoring.

concept

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 09:32:48 am »
Alex, you've just saved me chewing Cassies ear, who in turn would've chewed yours!

Thanks!

R.C Property

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 09:41:25 am »

If using a plumbing float valve on a commercial RO system all you are doing is effectively blocking the product pipe when the tank is full. This does not stop the RO working but all the water will be forced out through the waste. The downsides to this are that you are still consuming large quantities of water which is still being treated by the pre-filters. Also blocking the product outlet whilst not fully opening the flush valve could, long term, degrade the membrane.

The advantage of the S2 controller is that when the tank is full it shuts off the whole water supply to the RO unit. It also shuts off the power supply to a 240v booster pump. Additional features of these units are twin TDS water monitoring (pre and post DI) and water temperature monitoring.

Mines shuts all off, have device that shuts waste off when the pure water is shut off to,  no water waste. Pumps on pressure switch so that shuts down to.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2012, 10:16:44 am »

Cheers

Sorry I did not get back to you yesterday. email address should be ok and is ian.sheppard@springltd.co. I was having techie issues with the lap top yesterday basically it decided not to work. Thanks Alex.
V16 Is Here

concept

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 01:43:27 pm »
Hi Ian,

There is no wiring diagram included in the instructions, please coud you let me know the corresponding wires? Don't want to make it go pop before I even use it!

Cheers

Simon

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 07:49:13 am »
Hi Ian,

There is no wiring diagram included in the instructions, please coud you let me know the corresponding wires? Don't want to make it go pop before I even use it!

Cheers

Simon

Hi Concept

On the S2 there are the following wires:

A black and a grey wire which connect to the appropriate wires on the solenoid valve.
Two yellow wires which connect to either of the two wires from the float switch.
Plug the system into the mains with the 3-pin plug and plug your booster pump into the system's 3-pin socket.

You also then have 2x TDS probes which have John Guest 1/2" stem fittings on the end and these would need to connect onto a John Guest 1/2" T connector or similar which is in the direct line of your water processing.

I will also email you the full set of instructions which has a wiring diagram.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 11:10:15 am »
Thank you Alex.
V16 Is Here

concept

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 12:19:24 pm »
Ian, been trying to contact Alex, but whoever can answer 1st...

On the FILL cycle, after the float valve kicks in and turns everything off, and some of the water is taken out, how long until the system powers up again?

Thanks

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 12:49:41 pm »
Ian, been trying to contact Alex, but whoever can answer 1st...

On the FILL cycle, after the float valve kicks in and turns everything off, and some of the water is taken out, how long until the system powers up again?

Thanks

Here is the official reply from the manufacturers:

1st Thought is that the client has manually over ridden the auto fill cycle, has he pushed the FILL button and does the display show STOP ?

If he has he needs to push the FILL button again so FILL is displayed

To start filling the tank simply press the 'FILL'. This will
activate the pump and the solenoid valve, allowing water
to fill the tank, until the float switch detects that the tank
is full.
While the pump and solenoid valve are on and the tank
is filling, the display will flash the message FILL. Whilst
FILL is active the unit will keep filling every time the
level switch drops, hence maintaining the correct level.

You will find on the Solenoid page of the manual that I sent you this morning that it also contains instructions on this use. Basically If FILL is displayed then the tank should auto fill once the level switch falls and open the solenoid valve.