Window Washers

Re: Got to love Solicitors Letters!
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 02:52:37 pm »
I know all the addresses but not there names.
there a little tip in there for the future
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

dave0123

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 04:53:00 pm »
If it's £10 I wouldnt bother chasing it other than the normal letters and calls we make.

But yes we add £5 to each letter to cover admin costs and the firms costs.

Some will pay the outstanding minus this, others pay the lot.

just to let you know if you are just adding an extra £5 when sending the letters this wont stand up in court if they decide to fight it Thomas Higgins told me, as your not supposed to do it. only when you go to court would you peruse admin and administration costs
Dave.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 05:06:34 pm »
If it's £10 I wouldnt bother chasing it other than the normal letters and calls we make.

just to let you know if you are just adding an extra £5 when sending the letters this wont stand up in court if they decide to fight it Thomas Higgins told me, as your not supposed to do it. only when you go to court would you peruse admin and administration costs

thanks for the info  :)
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 06:45:41 pm »
no need for that just threaten legal procedings to them  then the flookers will pay prompto  ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 07:24:05 pm »

banks charge a fee, electric companies do the same if late for letters don't know the legalities but I guess (say that loosely) they would have checked if this was ok
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 05:06:59 pm »
Forwarded the details of two customers to Thomas Higgins. Let's see how quickly they pay up.

Ian101

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 05:10:54 pm »
Im gonna try this.i have loads to send.only trouble im not sure of there names.

knock on door and ask em and when they ask why tell them for solicitor  ;D

Ian101

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 05:11:23 pm »
I know all the addresses but not there names.

same as above  ;D

Ian101

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 05:12:22 pm »
Have a client who owes me £250 after an insurance claim.  She ignored all phone calls, letters, emails, calls to her work address for the past 2 months.

One letter of our helpful friends Thomas Higgins PArtnership, and she's emailed to request my bank details.

Love it!!!!  ;D

skank ! well done

dave0123

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 06:16:56 pm »
banks charge a fee, electric companies do the same if late for letters don't know the legalities but I guess (say that loosely) they would have checked if this was ok

Ian i know they charge a fee, but want they don't do is send you a solicitors letter saying were going to take u to court if u dont pay within 7 days oh and we added a fiver to your account for it.

if you want to add a charge to the customer.. you need to write to them to inform them first .. then send a letter. because if they owe u 10.00 they can stand up and say well i got a letter saying i owe them £15.00? with no notice or warning that it will be going to that price, just a demand for it to be paid.
Dave.

TomCrowther

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 09:06:46 pm »
The big firms can do it because they have t's and c's stating all the charges for late/non payment etc. we can legally charge a small percentage for late payment but it's tiny.

colin purewater

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2013, 09:18:47 pm »
The big firms can do it because they have t's and c's stating all the charges for late/non payment etc. we can legally charge a small percentage for late payment but it's tiny.
7 % after 30 days if quoted in invoice
keep it simple

Matt Gibson

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 05:15:38 pm »
http://payontime.co.uk/the-late-payment-legislation-provides-interest-and-debt-recovery-costs

You can, by law, charge a debt recovery fee after 30 days, or whatever your terms are. Theabove website sets out the gov late payment legislation. You are also entitled to charge interest.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 07:01:33 pm »
Forwarded the details of two customers to Thomas Higgins. Let's see how quickly they pay up.

Pls let us know how you get on are these small amounts :)?
I have over £1500 in small amounts would love to get that I just need to register first need to send them in my details they want hard copy's or scanned

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 08:08:02 pm »

In Surrey? surely not old chap.

Found her house btw, nice lady, moving soon though :(

Rogue Trader

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 09:13:23 pm »
i signed on with them today and sent 7 letters, i had around 20 that i wanted to send a letter to but i think this will only work with a certain kind of debtor. The chav types that dont give a poop will see the letter and throw it in the bin but the middle class bad payers who care about mortgages and credit scores will be the ones for this although my biggest debtor is a builder who im thinking may have seen this type of debt collection method or may have even used it himself to chase his own debtors. Im looking forward to see the result.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 09:56:05 pm »

In Surrey? surely not old chap.

Found her house btw, nice lady, moving soon though :(

Really? That's the first I heard of it!  :D

Yes, not to bad, only two I've had to go that far with in 7 years.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 10:05:22 pm »
Well, hoping and doing are two different things.

Yeah ive got one or two that need that treatment

Rogue Trader

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 09:27:32 am »
Update,

Sent 7 letters on Friday and over the weekend i got a £60 debtor calling apologising profusely and wanting BACS details ... haha - what the threat of court action does to some people ... fantastic thank u Thomas Higgins!! ;D

Crystal-clear

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2013, 04:11:43 pm »
Update,

Sent 7 letters on Friday and over the weekend i got a £60 debtor calling apologising profusely and wanting BACS details ... haha - what the threat of court action does to some people ... fantastic thank u Thomas Higgins!! ;D

bloody hell well done mate , let me know if you sent any out for jobs of under £20 those are the ones i have the most ! i must registor! ive got £1500 to collect! should see 80% :!