roundbuilder

Re: GD Canvassing
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2012, 11:26:29 pm »
Lol another bite...here fishy fishy fishy.

Mick on a serious note you really need to get a life if this is your entertainment, there is a whole world out there instead of spending your life on a forum talking about a job that you do all day, get a grip.....
says you comeing on here when you dont even do the job no more???now i admit im sad coming on here this late but the advice and threads are nothing but help for me bettering myself and my small business as the other sad cases on here this late also but what the hell is your excuse as your not even in the trade anymore???

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2012, 11:28:22 pm »
This is a classic situation of window cleaner made to belive that canvasser is a miracle worker or canvasser thinking he is going to get rich over night by getting 10 happy smiley people who want their windows cleaned...if it was that easy i would pack in window cleaning pick up a note pad walk around town and charge 2x cleans for one offs.

ofc you will say things like try us out thats because 50% of those will stick
if you walked around with a strickt contract which is what window cleaners wish for you will come back with 1 job..
nothing real is in writing therefor window cleaner will have problems NO matter how you do it
you will say the work is guaranteed provided the customer is happy a quicky courtesy call will confirm that the window cleaner is to blame as the customer will just riggle out of it in any way possible.ie gate opened, spot on window dont like pole dont like ladders ill call you,moving house tomorrow cheers for that list goes on and on.
dont forget you have seen the customer offering you a cup of tea walking you around his house talking about regular like its the best thing since sliced bread
spending longer even giving you his email then all of a sudden sorry no more he has left the gate open, or not happy ofc its gona do your head and point the finger
then window cleaner and you have a dispute

im sure i was telling this to you george but you didnt listen , all you had to do was charge 1x clean max and give the window cleaner 0 guarantees dont make them belive you are going to change there lifes by payiing you £1000.00 what they will have in there heads is they will get a £6k a year income for life

im not saying you planed this im saying people say ANYTHING on the doors, hot leads change their minds it swings in round abouts its just high volume knocking and just keep the costs down to the cleaner i bet you any money ask the worst person who felt hard done by how would they feel today if you charged them only 100% im sure tey would say you are a top bloke.

its the only way to do it its a shame cos you seemed quite motivated thats all...

but paying 200% for one offs then having left say 50% and most will be every other month works out to at least 400% which aint quite as good as it sounds

I wondered how long it would take for you to pitch in with the same old arguement,

one clean is not enough to run your own business...

I am very good on the door so could book 10 plus one offs in a day so would you be happy to pay me one clean for those?

I had it right when I charged one clean after the first clean and one after the second...

I didn't listen cos I didn't agree with you...

I know there are two people watching this thread cos they been texting me who would back me up that my retention rate is high enough for them to have me back working tomorrow if I wanted....

But for one last time, I CHOSE not to carry on canvassing....

Crystal-clear

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2012, 11:30:01 pm »
This is a classic situation of window cleaner made to belive that canvasser is a miracle worker or canvasser thinking he is going to get rich over night by getting 10 happy smiley people who want their windows cleaned...if it was that easy i would pack in window cleaning pick up a note pad walk around town and charge 2x cleans for one offs.

if you walked around with a strickt contract which is what window cleaners wish for you will come back with 1 job..
nothing real is in writing therefor window cleaner will have problems NO matter how you do it
you will say the work is guaranteed provided the customer is happy a quicky courtesy call will confirm that the window cleaner is to blame as the customer will just riggle out of it in any way possible.ie gate opened, spot on window dont like pole dont like ladders ill call you,moving house tomorrow cheers for that list goes on and on.
dont forget you have seen the customer offering you a cup of tea walking you around his house talking about regular like its the best thing since sliced bread
spending longer even giving you his email then all of a sudden sorry no more he has left the gate open, or not happy ofc its gona do your head and point the finger

im sure i was telling this to you george but you didnt listen , all you had to do was charge 1x clean max and give the window cleaner 0 guarantees dont make them belive you are going to change there lifes by payiing you £1000.00 what they will have in there heads is they will get a £6k a year income for life

im not saying you planed this im saying people say ANYTHING on the doors, hot leads change their minds it swings in round abouts its just high volume knocking and just keep the costs down to the cleaner i bet you any money ask the worst person who felt hard done by how would they feel today if you charged them only 100% im sure tey would say you are a top bloke.

its the only way to do it its a shame cos you seemed quite motivated thats all...

but paying 200% for one offs then having left say 50% and most will be every other month works out to at least 400% which aint quite as good as it sounds

SPEECH... Well said that man.

haha cheers m8t its just the way it is ! you know the game init :)

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2012, 11:31:07 pm »
Lol another bite...here fishy fishy fishy.

Mick on a serious note you really need to get a life if this is your entertainment, there is a whole world out there instead of spending your life on a forum talking about a job that you do all day, get a grip.....
says you comeing on here when you dont even do the job no more???now i admit im sad coming on here this late but the advice and threads are nothing but help for me bettering myself and my small business as the other sad cases on here this late also but what the hell is your excuse as your not even in the trade anymore???

I don't need an excuse, the reason I came on here is I received a text from a friend who saw this thread developing and thought I should know...

Look at my previous posts before tonight and they will confirm I have not been on here for months....

It's nice to see you admit you are sad ;-)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2012, 11:31:28 pm »
There was one job you got me that wasnt on a new build and that was only because it was a customer from a new builds mum who wanted a window cleaner, so was pretty much a cert you got it.

Catshill - Sandles Rd, Droitwich - AA route planner says 11.1 miles

Where you wanted me to go was Solihull - 18 miles from base

Now why would you want me to go 18 miles, out of area when there is a population of 87,837 in the Bromsgrove District ? (taken from the 2001 census so it was probably more in 2010)

call it 90,000 - say 4 people per house and you have 22,500 houses to canvass in the area that i wanted my round in.

How about i go even further than that and say 1 in 4 of the 22,500 properties were flats so not something worth knocking - that leaves 16,875 houses to canvass.

How about i go a little futher and say 1 in 4 werent suitable to be knocked for one reason or another - 12,656 houses

So having 12k houses to knock, why would you want me to go 18 miles away ?
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

roundbuilder

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2012, 11:31:53 pm »

I wondered how long it would take for you to pitch in with the same old arguement,

one clean is not enough to run your own business...

I am very good on the door so could book 10 plus one offs in a day so would you be happy to pay me one clean for those?

I had it right when I charged one clean after the first clean and one after the second...

I didn't listen cos I didn't agree with you...

I know there are two people watching this thread cos they been texting me who would back me up that my retention rate is high enough for them to have me back working tomorrow if I wanted....

But for one last time, I CHOSE not to carry on canvassing....

Your texting people at half 11 to talk about retention rates for customers sticking?? Mate do you know what a pair of tits are??? I thought i needed to get out more.
Well im off to bed as got a big day on 2moz.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2012, 11:34:17 pm »
like i said george your 10 pluss one offs in a day they are all just 50% thats the kinda figure that become serious over time...

i aint here to give you poop i never have all i wana say if you wanted to make it work , i mean really work with no problems is lower your prices offer 0 guarantees,,
you will still get sales... windys will still buy that

10-15 jobs or say at least 10 customers who pay is still a pretty penny for a days knocking per man and you have 0 problems ,whats wrong with that...

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2012, 11:35:06 pm »
Lol have you got any idea how old and boring that sounds? Yes I sometimes stay up past midnight on a school night...

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2012, 11:38:11 pm »
like i said george your 10 pluss one offs in a day they are all just 50% thats the kinda figure that become serious over time...

i aint here to give you poop i never have all i wana say if you wanted to make it work , i mean really work with no problems is lower your prices offer 0 guarantees,,
you will still get sales... windys will still buy that

10-15 jobs or say at least 10 customers who pay is still a pretty penny for a days knocking per man and you have 0 problems ,whats wrong with that...

God you guys will try to twist anything to meet your own arguement...

I didn't say I pull 10 one offs a day, I said I could... There is a difference, paying one clean actually gets you less because the canvassers has no interest in past the first clean.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2012, 11:39:58 pm »
We also live in a different world if you think a hundred quid a day is a pretty penny for running your own business....

ben M

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2012, 11:40:59 pm »
There was one job you got me that wasnt on a new build and that was only because it was a customer from a new builds mum who wanted a window cleaner, so was pretty much a cert you got it.

Now why would you want me to go 18 miles, out of area when there is a population of 87,837 in the Bromsgrove District ? (taken from the 2001 census so it was probably more in 2010)

call it 90,000 - say 4 people per house and you have 22,500 houses to canvass in the area that i wanted my round in.

How about i go even further than that and say 1 in 4 of the 22,500 properties were flats so not something worth knocking - that leaves 16,875 houses to canvass.

How about i go a little futher and say 1 in 4 werent suitable to be knocked for one reason or another - 12,656 houses

you should give up mate and go to bed! ;)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2012, 11:44:42 pm »
I am off to bed .... im going to sleep like a baby tonight having said all that. Ive kept it in for two and a half years and feel good now ive said it.

Hope your future business's turn out better than GD Roundbuilders did George

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2012, 11:45:43 pm »

Blimey you really need to get a grip if you think that's going to achieve anything lol

You have been off doing your research so you can beat the bad man?

Oh my god is all I can say...

You know what its plain and simple, New builds are good for work so I like to work them, I am not going to apologise or justify it either....

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2012, 11:48:13 pm »
I am off to bed .... im going to sleep like a baby tonight having said all that. Ive kept it in for two and a half years and feel good now ive said it.

Hope your future business's turn out better than GD Roundbuilders did George

Lol kept what in?

I am doing just fine thanks jp...

Crystal-clear

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2012, 11:50:56 pm »
im off to bed too no ofc £100 isnt enof,, you are self employed nothing under £15 on first cleans, £15 to £20 for a full house or more.. ,now if you have an employee doing that too then work the maths!

all these posts wouldnt exsist! if you charged less now think about that for a while! no one would feel hard done by!

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2012, 11:54:21 pm »
Kept all i have said tonight. I could have quite happily said this on every thread regarding yourself or any round builder related thread in the past two and a half years, but didnt

George its not about beating the bad man, its about stating the facts. All i did was use AA route planner twice and took one figure off wikipedia. The rest was simple math calculations.

Im not after an apology or anything similar. Im just glad i finally said this.

Have a good night George and good luck in you future business

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2012, 11:56:14 pm »
And you will only ever get crap canvassers for one clean, I don't listen to you and you don't listen to me so no point posting anymore...

roundbuilder

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2012, 12:00:19 am »
I have great canvassers for £5 a clean who dont target new build bad customers who replace any problem work.
So that goes to show you can find good canvassers...( mind you i did train them up so no wonder they are MUSTARD).

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2012, 12:01:10 am »
Been telling you all for years roundbuilders are all poop, and should all be avoided at all costs.

The statement y GD "building my own business" say's it all, wasn't he building his own business , selling his services to window cleaners, says it all really.

Over the years, I have never ever heard one success story.

Buyer beware

roundbuilder

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2012, 12:02:04 am »
Been telling you all for years roundbuilders are all poop, and should all be avoided at all costs.

The statement 2building my own business" should say it all, wasn't he building his own business , selling his services to window cleaners, says it all really.

Over the years, I have never ever heard one success story.

Buyer beware

Another SPEECH.  Yes that man  ;D