Silver Surfer

GD Canvassing
« on: December 03, 2012, 04:25:02 pm »
What happened to George the canvasser???

Johnny B

Re: GD Canvassing
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 04:45:09 pm »
Not seen him on here for a while. He was given some stick though,but I don't know what it was all about.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 06:07:57 pm »
He's changed business interests to mobile photosphones
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Crystal-clear

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 06:19:05 pm »
thats because when you meet a customer and they say yes 50% of the time they only want a one off or 2-3 cleans so you cant charge so much only way around it is charge less but then it might not be worth it for him.

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 06:28:12 pm »
thats because when you meet a customer and they say yes 50% of the time they only want a one off or 2-3 cleans so you cant charge so much only way around it is charge less but then it might not be worth it for him.
i was happy with George's pricing when he did some work from me I just needed for him to be like a gremlin then tip water on him ( I never fed him after midnight) very nice man lol
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 08:41:17 pm »
The guy has been taken to court (about 12 / 18 months ago) for either £800 / £1k though i believe he didnt show. Selling work that didnt exist
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 08:43:14 pm »
Not always the nice man - got me a load of poop work and even people that didnt want a window cleaner (i paid him for them and he dissapeared)

Also the guy has been taken to court for either £800 / £1k though i believe he didnt show. Selling work that didnt exist
are we talking about the same person ?

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 08:45:04 pm »
George Dickinson - GD Rounbdbuilders - George from Leicester way - George who used to drive a Subaru Impreza Estate

We could be Ian

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 08:49:39 pm »
At least he had good taste in cars
You can't polish a turd

Mist A Bit

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 09:07:06 pm »
never did the work for me, to many empty promises.
and i know someone else who he conned and they had to use force to get £1000 back that he mis sold in work.

Paddy Woods

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 09:34:24 pm »
I'm very surprised,are you sure your facts are right? I found him a good guy & never did me any wrong I found him very honest & hard working!!

Mist A Bit

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 09:40:37 pm »
im only going on what i`ve heard as i said never did the work for me, to many excusses involing phone not working, but its funny that i send a message telling him to forget the job and he text back straight away with this excuss three seperate occations. i was his priority case as needed the extra work for an employee. never got the work from him so employee had to go. empty promises lead to loss of a good worker.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 09:55:52 pm »
My post is from a personal experience.

I had alot of money to spend with him and he cocked it up about 1/3 of the way through the money i had to spend

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 10:02:51 pm »
I have been watching this and laughing, I have not been on for months as now work in another industry but a friend has text me to let me know so I will clear a few things up.

JP the reason I didn't work for you anymore is you started to mess me around over money, the final straw was you wanting a refund for a house where you left the gate open and the dog escaped. I NEVER ripped you off in any way so you are not talking from personal experience.

Eco clean, you were never my priority case as we only ever had one conversation. You just wanted to rent a bit of work so blaming me for you losing a good employee is just not right.

I have never been taken to court or had a grand taken from me by force...

Stop the Chinese whispers and hear say please...

roundbuilder

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 10:10:08 pm »
Well funny. I told you gd It wouldnt work out for you with the canvassing.

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 10:11:12 pm »
Gd i thought you was setting up something called "help my social media" but i cant seem to find much about it and your twitter account is quiet  ???

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 10:13:25 pm »
Don't you just love people who said I told you so...

Mick I chose not to canvass anymore, I now run another business that has nothing to do with window cleaning or any kind of cleaning...

I could still be working if I chose to...

roundbuilder

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 10:19:19 pm »
Don't you just love people who said I told you so...

Mick I chose not to canvass anymore, I now run another business that has nothing to do with window cleaning or any kind of cleaning...

I could still be working if I chose to...

Well i did tell you so and i was right!.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 10:20:40 pm »
 And you are still a Muppet

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 10:22:21 pm »
George i think you will find that the woman was upset about the gate when you spoke to her. I rang her to appolagise and at this point she had calmed down. What she told me was that she had never agreed to have a window cleaner but that she would consider it and get back to you once she had spoke to her husband (who didnt want a cleaner). So under our agreement i was right to ask back for 1 clean cost

Then in the same road another lady who rang and said i did a cracking job but she never agreed to having a window cleaner. She already had a window cleaner who missed out a few windows he couldnt get to off ladders but could clean them herself.

Plenty of one offs too where you or Joey told them they could try it once and decide if they wanted to carry on.

Money was payed into your bank the same night George. I was cleaning jobs for nothing at one point as they were one offs - paying me for one clean and your charge once we found out they were one off was one clean.

Remember the first time free job George ? well she never payed up the second time either.

Messing you about i think not. Just kept on the ball with the money. If it was up to you i would have paid you 2 x for everything and then sorted it all out at the end when i wouldnt have seen you again.

As for the court thing im only saying what a friend has told me from his own experience with you.

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 10:24:12 pm »
Gd i thought you was setting up something called "help my social media" but i cant seem to find much about it and your twitter account is quiet  ???

??? ??? ???

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 10:29:15 pm »
So how did I get her number and all her details if she didn't say yes? It's funny how she changed her story when she spoke to you and she was fuming when she rang me that you let the dog out. As for one offs, I just don't book them, the odd one may get by but just not in the numbers you suggest.

I never said we would settle up at the end, maybe once a week or so but not at the end. It is too hard to track on a daily basis and I would have had to speak to the customers to check why they didn't want to carry on...

roundbuilder

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 10:29:51 pm »
I may be a muppet but i was still right.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 10:32:36 pm »

??? ??? ???

I now run a tech repair company that is totally based on social media, I decided to run my own company and build something for me and my family instead of building business for other people. I am no longer involved with helpmysocialmedia sorry

Window Washers

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 10:35:40 pm »

??? ??? ???
what was wrong with building my business :)

I now run a tech repair company that is totally based on social media, I decided to run my own company and build something for me and my family instead of building business for other people. I am no longer involved with helpmysocialmedia sorry

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2012, 10:36:22 pm »

Technically you are so wrong but you can't seem to grasp I CHOSE not to carry on...

You always banged on about how you knew best cos you ripped people off and couldn't run a team yourself so you assume everyone is at your level. Just to be clear I could still be running a canvassing company today if I wanted to but I decided to pursue other areas of business....

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 10:38:15 pm »

??? ??? ???
what was wrong with building my business :)

Ian you and I are still friends to this day and there was nothing wrong with building your business, it just wasn't the right business for me anymore...

Dani J

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2012, 10:38:31 pm »

??? ??? ???

You keep changing comapny  ;D ;D ;D whats going on? are you dogging the tax man ?  ;D

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2012, 10:41:06 pm »

??? ??? ???

You keep changing comapny  ;D ;D ;D whats going on? are you dogging the tax man ?  ;D

Lol I have worked freelance in business development for the last ten years as an individual not a ltd company so all covered in that department thanks...

Paddy Woods

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2012, 10:41:21 pm »
[/quote]

Good on you George hope it goes well,you are a very hard worker & did me no wrong from my personnel experience I found you top man  ;)

ben M

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2012, 10:42:44 pm »

Good on you George hope it goes well,you are a very hard worker & did me no wrong from my personnel experience I found you top man  ;)
[/quote]
did you sleep with him? lol

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2012, 10:42:57 pm »
I dont know how you got the numbers, but you did. Im not a mind reader.

Still waiting on a reciept for the work you carried out too as that never turned up. Its ok though as luckily i paid through the bank so have proof of everything paid should the tax man require it from me.

What else was there .... oh yeah, days where you didnt bother turning up because it was raining 50 miles away where you were and sunny here where the work was. There were more but i wont start going into the personal excuses

Trying to get me to work out of the agreed areas was another one you got arsey about. Only working on new estates was a favorite of yours too.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2012, 10:43:40 pm »

[/quote]

Thank you, I hope you are well too and the business is still growing...

Window Washers

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 10:45:29 pm »
If you all need a break please vote on this : http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=161898.0

I know I'm shameless  ;D

roundbuilder

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2012, 10:48:30 pm »

Technically you are so wrong but you can't seem to grasp I CHOSE not to carry on...

You always banged on about how you knew best cos you ripped people off and couldn't run a team yourself so you assume everyone is at your level. Just to be clear I could still be running a canvassing company today if I wanted to but I decided to pursue other areas of business....

I doubt anyone would want to use your services now after the bad feedback from dodgy customers.
I actualy didnt ever get any bad feedback as i always replaced the work or money from dropouts, i just admited that my team including me signed and said any old crap to get the customer on board so could get payed maximum which sounds as you have done the same.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2012, 10:49:36 pm »

Still waiting on a reciept for the work you carried out too as that never turned up. Its ok though as luckily i paid through the bank so have proof of everything paid should the tax man require it from me.

What else was there .... oh yeah, days where you didnt bother turning up because it was raining 50 miles away where you were and sunny here where the work was. There were more but i wont start going into the personal excuses

Trying to get me to work out of the agreed areas was another one you got arsey about. Only working on new estates was a favorite of yours too.

Are you mental? Just don't forget I never actually worked for you so if I didn't turn up on the days where the forecast was bad it was to save you fuel money! You are trying to make it sound like I had many days off when I actually worked for you for less than two weeks so xouldnt have had that many days off could I?

And trying to make me look bad cos I like working new estates is just hilarious, you really must be scraping the bloody barrel if that's the best you can do! Yeah dense work on easy to clean houses is a terrible thing to subject you poor window cleaners to...

roundbuilder

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2012, 10:50:54 pm »

At least in future you know to employ your own canvassers who wont take the p.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 10:51:09 pm »
Mick I could work tomorrow if I wanted, that's all I have to say to you...

roundbuilder

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 10:54:02 pm »

Are you mental? Just don't forget I never actually worked for you so if I didn't turn up on the days where the forecast was bad it was to save you fuel money! You are trying to make it sound like I had many days off when I actually worked for you for less than two weeks so xouldnt have had that many days off could I?

And trying to make me look bad cos I like working new estates is just hilarious, you really must be scraping the bloody barrel if that's the best you can do! Yeah dense work on easy to clean houses is a terrible thing to subject you poor window cleaners to...

You realy wasnt good if you believed new estates were good. All new estates are full up to the brim with housing assosiation who will always mess about. Even the ones who own the houses on them tend to be first time buyers who can not afford a windowcleaner as are strapped to the brim with debt.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 10:56:48 pm »
I don't know where you work in Kent but believe it or not there are nice estates around the country. I know several people on here who have huge rounds on New build.... Just proved how little you know...

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 11:00:41 pm »
1 day was because of the weather. No call or text to say you werent coming, just me asking what time you were coming round with the work to be told you hadnt bothered.

Never said you were employed by me at all.

Simple fact was you exhausted your quick fix of new build estates round here and because i wouldnt go 10 miles further than agreed you didnt bother any more.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2012, 11:01:02 pm »

You realy wasnt good if you believed new estates were good. All new estates are full up to the brim with housing assosiation who will always mess about. Even the ones who own the houses on them tend to be first time buyers who can not afford a windowcleaner as are strapped to the brim with debt.

THIS IS WHY I DONT CHASE AFTER NEW BUILDS
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

roundbuilder

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2012, 11:02:12 pm »
I don't know where you work in Kent but believe it or not there are nice estates around the country. I know several people on here who have huge rounds on New build.... Just proved how little you know...

Not at all. I just know from a canvassers view its easy to pick up work on a new estate that will be messers even from what blue frog wrote about you doing new estates confirms this. I cover a wide area and find it happens all over the place. In fact its common knowledge that a certain percent of all newbuilds must have housing assosiation who are sooo easy to sign up as a customer but an absoloute nightmare to collect your money from.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2012, 11:04:22 pm »
1 day was because of the weather. No call or text to say you werent coming, just me asking what time you were coming round with the work to be told you hadnt bothered.

Simple fact was you exhausted your quick fix of new build estates round here and because i wouldnt go 10 miles further than agreed you didnt bother any more.

LOL just not true, why do you keep picking on the new build thing? Its laughable, why would you pick harder areas to work first? Tell me why that makes sense? We were never ten miles from your house never mind ten miles over where you would travel...

ben M

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2012, 11:05:04 pm »

Not at all. I just know from a canvassers view its easy to pick up work on a new estate that will be messers even from what blue frog wrote about you doing new estates confirms this. I cover a wide area and find it happens all over the place. In fact its common knowledge that a certain percent of all newbuilds must have housing assosiation who are sooo easy to sign up as a customer but an absoloute nightmare to collect your money from.

[/quote totally agree

roundbuilder

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2012, 11:05:47 pm »

Good ridence to bad workmanship. Rule number 1 is to not bite from the hand that feeds you. Hopefully gd has learnt a lesson from this even though he wont admit it.

The man with more excuses than ian wicks has voters on hes social media poll.

ben M

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2012, 11:07:30 pm »

Good ridence to bad workmanship. Rule number 1 is to not bite from the hand that feeds you. Hopefully gd has learnt a lesson from this even though he wont admit it.

;D

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2012, 11:08:29 pm »

God this is such hard work, I KNOW CERTAIN PERCENTAGES OF NEW BUILD HAS TO BE HOUSING ASSOCIATION BUT YOU JUST AVOID THEM IF THE CLEANER DOESN'T WANT THEM, PERSONALLY I HAVE FOUND THEY CAN BE OK PAYERS BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY.

I have customers from 4 years ago who still clean 90 percent of the work I got them on new build, have you ever wondered why YOU might struggle on new build? It can't possibly be anything to do with you... Or can it?

gary999

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2012, 11:09:14 pm »
GD as much as all this handbags amuses me...if you are no longer in this business
why are you on here defending yourself so furiously...i mean why should you
care so much ;D

Smudger

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2012, 11:09:42 pm »
i was just off too bed -

but this is far more entertaining.....
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

roundbuilder

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2012, 11:09:56 pm »

God this is such hard work, I KNOW CERTAIN PERCENTAGES OF NEW BUILD HAS TO BE HOUSING ASSOCIATION BUT YOU JUST AVOID THEM IF THE CLEANER DOESN'T WANT THEM, PERSONALLY I HAVE FOUND THEY CAN BE OK PAYERS BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY.

I have customers from 4 years ago who still clean 90 percent of the work I got them on new build, have you ever wondered why YOU might struggle on new build? It can't possibly be anything to do with you... Or can it?

Lol another excuse... I rest my case

roundbuilder

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2012, 11:11:10 pm »

Who are they?? I want proof??? Ohh you cant can you.  :D

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2012, 11:12:59 pm »

Excuses or reasons? It's easy to try to batter me but none of you actually respond to what I am saying, you just spout more tripe and hope that it sticks...

Mick I don't even know you so how can you possibly judge me? I couldn't give a flying fig what you think or your judgements because they are all based on hearsay and rumour....

roundbuilder

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2012, 11:17:06 pm »

Excuses or reasons? It's easy to try to batter me but none of you actually respond to what I am saying, you just spout more tripe and hope that it sticks...

Mick I don't even know you so how can you possibly judge me? I couldn't give a flying fig what you think or your judgements because they are all based on hearsay and rumour....

If you didnt bite to every little comment against you id actualy believe that you didnt give a flying fig. Your my entertainment for the night here. So easy to get you to bite...
Could do with you down the lakes on the end of my rods when its cold season.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2012, 11:17:44 pm »
I am glad you find this all so amusing cos I am laughing my head off here, I love a good row and needed a rant and this was perfect timing...

Mick you have no clue mate, good luck building your business and I wish you all the best but stay out of an arguement where your opinion is worthless. That's not being rude its just a fact that you don't know me or anything about me yet I seem to get under your skin somehow....

roundbuilder

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2012, 11:19:05 pm »
Lol another bite...here fishy fishy fishy.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2012, 11:19:12 pm »
We both wrote the last two posts at the same time lol

Crystal-clear

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2012, 11:20:52 pm »
This is a classic situation of window cleaner made to belive that canvasser is a miracle worker or canvasser thinking he is going to get rich over night by getting 10 happy smiley people who want their windows cleaned...if it was that easy i would pack in window cleaning pick up a note pad walk around town and charge 2x cleans for one offs.

ofc you will say things like try us out thats because 50% of those will stick
if you walked around with a strickt contract which is what window cleaners wish for you will come back with 1 job..
nothing real is in writing therefor window cleaner will have problems NO matter how you do it
you will say the work is guaranteed provided the customer is happy a quicky courtesy call will confirm that the window cleaner is to blame as the customer will just riggle out of it in any way possible.ie gate opened, spot on window dont like pole dont like ladders ill call you,moving house tomorrow cheers for that list goes on and on.
dont forget you have seen the customer offering you a cup of tea walking you around his house talking about regular like its the best thing since sliced bread
spending longer even giving you his email then all of a sudden sorry no more he has left the gate open, or not happy ofc its gona do your head and point the finger
then window cleaner and you have a dispute

im sure i was telling this to you george but you didnt listen , all you had to do was charge 1x clean max and give the window cleaner 0 guarantees dont make them belive you are going to change there lifes by payiing you £1000.00 what they will have in there heads is they will get a £6k a year income for life

im not saying you planed this im saying people say ANYTHING on the doors, hot leads change their minds it swings in round abouts its just high volume knocking and just keep the costs down to the cleaner i bet you any money ask the worst person who felt hard done by how would they feel today if you charged them only 100% im sure tey would say you are a top bloke.

its the only way to do it its a shame cos you seemed quite motivated thats all...

but paying 200% for one offs then having left say 50% and most will be every other month works out to at least 400% which aint quite as good as it sounds

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2012, 11:22:10 pm »

Mick on a serious note you really need to get a life if this is your entertainment, there is a whole world out there instead of spending your life on a forum talking about a job that you do all day, get a grip.....

roundbuilder

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2012, 11:23:30 pm »
This is a classic situation of window cleaner made to belive that canvasser is a miracle worker or canvasser thinking he is going to get rich over night by getting 10 happy smiley people who want their windows cleaned...if it was that easy i would pack in window cleaning pick up a note pad walk around town and charge 2x cleans for one offs.

if you walked around with a strickt contract which is what window cleaners wish for you will come back with 1 job..
nothing real is in writing therefor window cleaner will have problems NO matter how you do it
you will say the work is guaranteed provided the customer is happy a quicky courtesy call will confirm that the window cleaner is to blame as the customer will just riggle out of it in any way possible.ie gate opened, spot on window dont like pole dont like ladders ill call you,moving house tomorrow cheers for that list goes on and on.
dont forget you have seen the customer offering you a cup of tea walking you around his house talking about regular like its the best thing since sliced bread
spending longer even giving you his email then all of a sudden sorry no more he has left the gate open, or not happy ofc its gona do your head and point the finger

im sure i was telling this to you george but you didnt listen , all you had to do was charge 1x clean max and give the window cleaner 0 guarantees dont make them belive you are going to change there lifes by payiing you £1000.00 what they will have in there heads is they will get a £6k a year income for life

im not saying you planed this im saying people say ANYTHING on the doors, hot leads change their minds it swings in round abouts its just high volume knocking and just keep the costs down to the cleaner i bet you any money ask the worst person who felt hard done by how would they feel today if you charged them only 100% im sure tey would say you are a top bloke.

its the only way to do it its a shame cos you seemed quite motivated thats all...

but paying 200% for one offs then having left say 50% and most will be every other month works out to at least 400% which aint quite as good as it sounds

SPEECH... Well said that man.

roundbuilder

« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2012, 11:26:29 pm »

Mick on a serious note you really need to get a life if this is your entertainment, there is a whole world out there instead of spending your life on a forum talking about a job that you do all day, get a grip.....
says you comeing on here when you dont even do the job no more???now i admit im sad coming on here this late but the advice and threads are nothing but help for me bettering myself and my small business as the other sad cases on here this late also but what the hell is your excuse as your not even in the trade anymore???

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2012, 11:28:22 pm »

I wondered how long it would take for you to pitch in with the same old arguement,

one clean is not enough to run your own business...

I am very good on the door so could book 10 plus one offs in a day so would you be happy to pay me one clean for those?

I had it right when I charged one clean after the first clean and one after the second...

I didn't listen cos I didn't agree with you...

I know there are two people watching this thread cos they been texting me who would back me up that my retention rate is high enough for them to have me back working tomorrow if I wanted....

But for one last time, I CHOSE not to carry on canvassing....

Crystal-clear

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2012, 11:30:01 pm »

SPEECH... Well said that man.

haha cheers m8t its just the way it is ! you know the game init :)

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2012, 11:31:07 pm »

says you comeing on here when you dont even do the job no more???now i admit im sad coming on here this late but the advice and threads are nothing but help for me bettering myself and my small business as the other sad cases on here this late also but what the hell is your excuse as your not even in the trade anymore???

I don't need an excuse, the reason I came on here is I received a text from a friend who saw this thread developing and thought I should know...

Look at my previous posts before tonight and they will confirm I have not been on here for months....

It's nice to see you admit you are sad ;-)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2012, 11:31:28 pm »
There was one job you got me that wasnt on a new build and that was only because it was a customer from a new builds mum who wanted a window cleaner, so was pretty much a cert you got it.

Catshill - Sandles Rd, Droitwich - AA route planner says 11.1 miles

Where you wanted me to go was Solihull - 18 miles from base

Now why would you want me to go 18 miles, out of area when there is a population of 87,837 in the Bromsgrove District ? (taken from the 2001 census so it was probably more in 2010)

call it 90,000 - say 4 people per house and you have 22,500 houses to canvass in the area that i wanted my round in.

How about i go even further than that and say 1 in 4 of the 22,500 properties were flats so not something worth knocking - that leaves 16,875 houses to canvass.

How about i go a little futher and say 1 in 4 werent suitable to be knocked for one reason or another - 12,656 houses

So having 12k houses to knock, why would you want me to go 18 miles away ?

roundbuilder

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2012, 11:31:53 pm »

I wondered how long it would take for you to pitch in with the same old arguement,

one clean is not enough to run your own business...

I am very good on the door so could book 10 plus one offs in a day so would you be happy to pay me one clean for those?

I had it right when I charged one clean after the first clean and one after the second...

I didn't listen cos I didn't agree with you...

I know there are two people watching this thread cos they been texting me who would back me up that my retention rate is high enough for them to have me back working tomorrow if I wanted....

But for one last time, I CHOSE not to carry on canvassing....

Your texting people at half 11 to talk about retention rates for customers sticking?? Mate do you know what a pair of tits are??? I thought i needed to get out more.
Well im off to bed as got a big day on 2moz.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2012, 11:34:17 pm »
like i said george your 10 pluss one offs in a day they are all just 50% thats the kinda figure that become serious over time...

i aint here to give you poop i never have all i wana say if you wanted to make it work , i mean really work with no problems is lower your prices offer 0 guarantees,,
you will still get sales... windys will still buy that

10-15 jobs or say at least 10 customers who pay is still a pretty penny for a days knocking per man and you have 0 problems ,whats wrong with that...

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2012, 11:35:06 pm »
Lol have you got any idea how old and boring that sounds? Yes I sometimes stay up past midnight on a school night...

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2012, 11:38:11 pm »
like i said george your 10 pluss one offs in a day they are all just 50% thats the kinda figure that become serious over time...

i aint here to give you poop i never have all i wana say if you wanted to make it work , i mean really work with no problems is lower your prices offer 0 guarantees,,
you will still get sales... windys will still buy that

10-15 jobs or say at least 10 customers who pay is still a pretty penny for a days knocking per man and you have 0 problems ,whats wrong with that...

God you guys will try to twist anything to meet your own arguement...

I didn't say I pull 10 one offs a day, I said I could... There is a difference, paying one clean actually gets you less because the canvassers has no interest in past the first clean.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2012, 11:39:58 pm »
We also live in a different world if you think a hundred quid a day is a pretty penny for running your own business....

ben M

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2012, 11:40:59 pm »
There was one job you got me that wasnt on a new build and that was only because it was a customer from a new builds mum who wanted a window cleaner, so was pretty much a cert you got it.

Now why would you want me to go 18 miles, out of area when there is a population of 87,837 in the Bromsgrove District ? (taken from the 2001 census so it was probably more in 2010)

call it 90,000 - say 4 people per house and you have 22,500 houses to canvass in the area that i wanted my round in.

How about i go even further than that and say 1 in 4 of the 22,500 properties were flats so not something worth knocking - that leaves 16,875 houses to canvass.

How about i go a little futher and say 1 in 4 werent suitable to be knocked for one reason or another - 12,656 houses

you should give up mate and go to bed! ;)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2012, 11:44:42 pm »
I am off to bed .... im going to sleep like a baby tonight having said all that. Ive kept it in for two and a half years and feel good now ive said it.

Hope your future business's turn out better than GD Roundbuilders did George

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2012, 11:45:43 pm »

Blimey you really need to get a grip if you think that's going to achieve anything lol

You have been off doing your research so you can beat the bad man?

Oh my god is all I can say...

You know what its plain and simple, New builds are good for work so I like to work them, I am not going to apologise or justify it either....

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2012, 11:48:13 pm »
I am off to bed .... im going to sleep like a baby tonight having said all that. Ive kept it in for two and a half years and feel good now ive said it.

Hope your future business's turn out better than GD Roundbuilders did George

Lol kept what in?

I am doing just fine thanks jp...

Crystal-clear

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2012, 11:50:56 pm »
im off to bed too no ofc £100 isnt enof,, you are self employed nothing under £15 on first cleans, £15 to £20 for a full house or more.. ,now if you have an employee doing that too then work the maths!

all these posts wouldnt exsist! if you charged less now think about that for a while! no one would feel hard done by!

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2012, 11:54:21 pm »
Kept all i have said tonight. I could have quite happily said this on every thread regarding yourself or any round builder related thread in the past two and a half years, but didnt

George its not about beating the bad man, its about stating the facts. All i did was use AA route planner twice and took one figure off wikipedia. The rest was simple math calculations.

Im not after an apology or anything similar. Im just glad i finally said this.

Have a good night George and good luck in you future business

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2012, 11:56:14 pm »
And you will only ever get crap canvassers for one clean, I don't listen to you and you don't listen to me so no point posting anymore...

roundbuilder

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2012, 12:00:19 am »
I have great canvassers for £5 a clean who dont target new build bad customers who replace any problem work.
So that goes to show you can find good canvassers...( mind you i did train them up so no wonder they are MUSTARD).

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2012, 12:01:10 am »
Been telling you all for years roundbuilders are all poop, and should all be avoided at all costs.

The statement y GD "building my own business" say's it all, wasn't he building his own business , selling his services to window cleaners, says it all really.

Over the years, I have never ever heard one success story.

Buyer beware

roundbuilder

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2012, 12:02:04 am »
Been telling you all for years roundbuilders are all poop, and should all be avoided at all costs.

The statement 2building my own business" should say it all, wasn't he building his own business , selling his services to window cleaners, says it all really.

Over the years, I have never ever heard one success story.

Buyer beware

Another SPEECH.  Yes that man  ;D

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2012, 12:06:49 am »
Kept all i have said tonight. I could have quite happily said this on every thread regarding yourself or any round builder related thread in the past two and a half years, but didnt

George its not about beating the bad man, its about stating the facts. All i did was use AA route planner twice and took one figure off wikipedia. The rest was simple math calculations.

Im not after an apology or anything similar. Im just glad i finally said this.

Have a good night George and good luck in you future business

You have not actually said anything apart from a difference of opinion, I pitched in tonight because you said you were dealing from personal experience when saying I had ripped people off so I had to put the record straight.

I wish you had got this out earlier if it bothered you that much cos I have nothing to hide or to worry about... Some people are just not destined to work together and that's life...

Good luck in the future jp