Silver Surfer

GD Canvassing
« on: December 03, 2012, 04:25:02 pm »
What happened to George the canvasser???

Johnny B

Re: GD Canvassing
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 04:45:09 pm »
Not seen him on here for a while. He was given some stick though,but I don't know what it was all about.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 06:07:57 pm »
He's changed business interests to mobile photosphones
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Crystal-clear

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 06:19:05 pm »
thats because when you meet a customer and they say yes 50% of the time they only want a one off or 2-3 cleans so you cant charge so much only way around it is charge less but then it might not be worth it for him.

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 06:28:12 pm »
thats because when you meet a customer and they say yes 50% of the time they only want a one off or 2-3 cleans so you cant charge so much only way around it is charge less but then it might not be worth it for him.
i was happy with George's pricing when he did some work from me I just needed for him to be like a gremlin then tip water on him ( I never fed him after midnight) very nice man lol
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 08:41:17 pm »
The guy has been taken to court (about 12 / 18 months ago) for either £800 / £1k though i believe he didnt show. Selling work that didnt exist
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 08:43:14 pm »
Not always the nice man - got me a load of poop work and even people that didnt want a window cleaner (i paid him for them and he dissapeared)

Also the guy has been taken to court for either £800 / £1k though i believe he didnt show. Selling work that didnt exist
are we talking about the same person ?

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 08:45:04 pm »
George Dickinson - GD Rounbdbuilders - George from Leicester way - George who used to drive a Subaru Impreza Estate

We could be Ian

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 08:49:39 pm »
At least he had good taste in cars
You can't polish a turd

Mist A Bit

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 09:07:06 pm »
never did the work for me, to many empty promises.
and i know someone else who he conned and they had to use force to get £1000 back that he mis sold in work.

Paddy Woods

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 09:34:24 pm »
I'm very surprised,are you sure your facts are right? I found him a good guy & never did me any wrong I found him very honest & hard working!!

Mist A Bit

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 09:40:37 pm »
im only going on what i`ve heard as i said never did the work for me, to many excusses involing phone not working, but its funny that i send a message telling him to forget the job and he text back straight away with this excuss three seperate occations. i was his priority case as needed the extra work for an employee. never got the work from him so employee had to go. empty promises lead to loss of a good worker.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 09:55:52 pm »
My post is from a personal experience.

I had alot of money to spend with him and he cocked it up about 1/3 of the way through the money i had to spend

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 10:02:51 pm »
I have been watching this and laughing, I have not been on for months as now work in another industry but a friend has text me to let me know so I will clear a few things up.

JP the reason I didn't work for you anymore is you started to mess me around over money, the final straw was you wanting a refund for a house where you left the gate open and the dog escaped. I NEVER ripped you off in any way so you are not talking from personal experience.

Eco clean, you were never my priority case as we only ever had one conversation. You just wanted to rent a bit of work so blaming me for you losing a good employee is just not right.

I have never been taken to court or had a grand taken from me by force...

Stop the Chinese whispers and hear say please...

roundbuilder

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 10:10:08 pm »
Well funny. I told you gd It wouldnt work out for you with the canvassing.

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 10:11:12 pm »
Gd i thought you was setting up something called "help my social media" but i cant seem to find much about it and your twitter account is quiet  ???

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 10:13:25 pm »
Don't you just love people who said I told you so...

Mick I chose not to canvass anymore, I now run another business that has nothing to do with window cleaning or any kind of cleaning...

I could still be working if I chose to...

roundbuilder

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 10:19:19 pm »
Don't you just love people who said I told you so...

Mick I chose not to canvass anymore, I now run another business that has nothing to do with window cleaning or any kind of cleaning...

I could still be working if I chose to...

Well i did tell you so and i was right!.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 10:20:40 pm »
 And you are still a Muppet

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 10:22:21 pm »
George i think you will find that the woman was upset about the gate when you spoke to her. I rang her to appolagise and at this point she had calmed down. What she told me was that she had never agreed to have a window cleaner but that she would consider it and get back to you once she had spoke to her husband (who didnt want a cleaner). So under our agreement i was right to ask back for 1 clean cost

Then in the same road another lady who rang and said i did a cracking job but she never agreed to having a window cleaner. She already had a window cleaner who missed out a few windows he couldnt get to off ladders but could clean them herself.

Plenty of one offs too where you or Joey told them they could try it once and decide if they wanted to carry on.

Money was payed into your bank the same night George. I was cleaning jobs for nothing at one point as they were one offs - paying me for one clean and your charge once we found out they were one off was one clean.

Remember the first time free job George ? well she never payed up the second time either.

Messing you about i think not. Just kept on the ball with the money. If it was up to you i would have paid you 2 x for everything and then sorted it all out at the end when i wouldnt have seen you again.

As for the court thing im only saying what a friend has told me from his own experience with you.