GDwindowcleaning

Re: can you run a franchise model without officially being a franchise
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2012, 12:44:06 am »
It could be done on an agency agreement or on a licence agreement, but the point I am trying to make without dramatic statements like hitting your head on the table, is that a franchise agreement can take many forms so it can be done without the need for what some people will see as a traditional franchise agreement.... ie the franchisee gives the franchisor a big cheque to be involved in the business...

That is what I think richie was asking so that is my answer....

Any more over dramatic statements??

rosskesava

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2012, 12:49:07 am »
Ask the tax man first because that is the problem.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2012, 12:52:13 am »
Sorry but how is the tax man the problem? There are thousands of companies that have agents and self employed people that work for them and them alone.... It can be done...

stuart mc

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2012, 01:05:12 am »
I suppose we could all just shut up and let richy say what he was asking ;)

rosskesava

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2012, 01:20:22 am »
The tax man is the problem because it's him who decides what is 'employing someone' and what 'isn't'.

You can come up with contracts, franchise type ideas, subcontracting theories, anything, but the tax man's rules about what is 'employing' and what 'isn't', is what matters.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2012, 01:27:52 am »
So how come I read in the papers everyday that someone working for the government sets up a limited company so they pay less tax on the earnings? Tax law is not black and white, thats why tax lawyers earn so much money.

Look up hillarys blinds, you can become an agent for them for 1250 quid and you are SELF EMPLOYED! They are a huge nationwide company and a household name, you going to tell me you are right and they are wrong?

I could search out more similar opportunities out there but would be pointless...

The point is that it CAN be done as many are, it may be smaller scale but it is possible...

rosskesava

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2012, 02:00:35 am »
Yes..... it can be done but you need to do it in the right way....... according to the rules laid down by the tax man.

Jeepers. You cannot make up your own rules. What is so complex to understand?

Tax avoidance schemes are something different completely.

One is about what is 'employing' , or not, and the other is about profit and reducing tax liability.

Sorry, having been in such a position about what is employment or not, and having spend thousands on advise, I give up trying to explain it further.

Best to say, seek proper legal advice first and the first port of call, HMRC.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2012, 02:07:23 am »
I never said you could make up your own rules....

The relevance of the ltd companies was not the tax avoidance, it was that people can work solely for one organisation without being employed.... But you have already agreed thats true....

rosskesava

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2012, 02:09:29 am »

The relevance of the ltd companies was not the tax avoidance, it was that people can work solely for one organisation without being employed.... But you have already agreed thats true....

According to the rules laid down by HMRC. Help..... jibber jibber drawl dribble head bang the wall.............................

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2012, 02:12:44 am »
How very dramatic, grow up.... If you cant bother having a discussion without resorting to those kind of tactics then just dont bother....

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2012, 02:18:04 am »
So you highlighted that point, are you a tax lawyer that knows the rules inside out?

boshravie

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2012, 06:44:55 am »
The problem with a franchise is that you have to convince the prospect that you are worth punting 1000's on and possibly giving up a full time job.

Now Richy sounds like a decent guy but reading his posts on here I don't think he could convince me to let him have thousands of my hard earned in the hope of him setting me up.

Hence Richy should go and see Ian Lancaster, he has been doing it for few years now, and successful at it,  £1.500 he charge is nothing compare to all  those guys in a suite, who charge Arm & Leg to give you a wrong advice.

So go and see Ian- Lancaster Richy.

I am glad I did , it was one of my best investment I have done.  :)

do you have any franchisess Bosh ?

Yes i do.

colley614

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2012, 10:19:42 am »
Seems like the most complicated way I've seen of having 2 lads out cleaning windows. Personally I would offer To buy your friend out and have him work for you? Plus I thought you was thinking of letting the other lad go?

richywilts

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2012, 02:54:57 pm »
keith i was thinking of letting him go he asking for too much money and im getting too many complaints giving him an appraisal today to straighten things out so gonna give it 4 weeks trial to improve, only just finding out off customer they aint been happy for months with standards so ive got to dramatically change something its hard when certain customers are ringing saying windows look great and so you think everythings going sound but then next minute your inundated with complaints, now i know people were saying i was giving him to much work but that is what he can do but i think the problem started when i was allowing him to get work done and go home to help with wedding arrangements etc i think hes been blitzing the work too fast and standards have dropped

im not really thinkin of franchise anytime soon i just thought id ask the question as it has recently came up in conversation with the lad who was looking to sell you a bit of work
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2012, 03:44:21 pm »

According to the rules laid down by HMRC. Help..... jibber jibber drawl dribble head bang the wall.............................

only tactic that works with GD window cleaning is flat ignoring his comments.  he seems to have far too much time on his hands and a MASSIVE chip on his shoulder  ;D
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2012, 05:28:23 pm »
Richard, is that because I have my own opinions that dont match yours? Ask the people that know me and you will get a true opinion of me, not some version that you read into on here....

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2012, 06:40:07 pm »
a true opinion of me, not some version that you read into on here....

there's an awful lot of your opinion to read on here isnt there!  ;)
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2012, 07:52:46 pm »
So having an opinion is wrong? There are alot of people who post more than me...

One thing about smileys, you cant mug someone off and put a smiley at the end, it looks smug and arrogant. A smiley face is not license to say what you like then make it look all friendly. If you dont like what I say then dont comment....

colley614

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2012, 08:50:45 pm »
George, when you gonna call me bud?

Dave Willis

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2012, 08:51:37 pm »
Life's too short for all this handbag twirling.