Mr Sparkle

It's time (Should I go full time window cleaning?)
« on: March 22, 2012, 10:48:17 am »
Hi guys been window cleaning for around 3 years now ,
Only work on thursdays and fridays and have around 100 good customers, I love the job and thinking it is time to do it full time but worried how long it will take me to build a full round?
I do markets at the moment 3 days a week but am fed up with getting up at 4.30 and not getting back till 7 at night, I usually pick up about £250 pound for my 3 days a week on the market so thats what i would be looking at to earn on the window cleaning, I'm not greedy all i want is around £100 a day window cleaning,
I built thursday and fridays well so should i take the plunge and pack the market in and do window cleaning full time? any advice would be greatly appreciated

Mr Sparkle

Re: It's time
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 11:57:50 am »
Brain is melting, Don't know what to do?

steve rix

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 12:41:14 pm »
Depend on the area. With 100 customers that sounds like a good base to work from, Just go for it. Leaflet and canvass you will soon get £100 a day

Mr Sparkle

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 08:36:30 pm »
i'm from the west midlands area, Think going to go for it as refusing work at the moment and retail is finished, So hopefully i will make it work

Halfadaylee

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 08:39:40 pm »
i'm from the west midlands area, Think going to go for it as refusing work at the moment and retail is finished, So hopefully i will make it work

Hey what part of the west mids

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 08:54:12 pm »

Why not cut back to two days on the market; increase your speed and prices - canvass like Billy Whizz then drop the market when you feel ready?
It's a game of three halves!

Mr Sparkle

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 08:57:06 pm »
From sedgley near wolverhampton

Jackal

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 09:43:24 pm »

Why not cut back to two days on the market; increase your speed and prices - canvass like Billy Whizz then drop the market when you feel ready?

thats what i was thinking seems the obvious thing to do

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 09:58:44 pm »
mr sparkle where in west mids ???
might av sum work in telford  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Tom White

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 10:41:22 pm »
any advice would be greatly appreciated

Okay then, when starting a post, do try to make the subject heading a little more relevant to what the post is about.

It just kinda shows some consideration for other members who may decide not to read the post if they know what the content is.

Thank you.

Re: It's time (Should I go full time window cleaning?)
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 08:14:26 am »
You are currently working 5 days a week.Why not develop a 6 th day to w/c.

Mr Sparkle

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 08:26:31 am »
From sedgley area, Bit to far telford but thanks alot gav,
Thanks for advice guys , Starting next week i'm doing an extra day window cleaning, Going to get 10,000 leaflets put out then hopefully bobs your uncle i'll get few more punters.  :) :)

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 09:04:18 am »
could you not just take on the extra work and then be late for a little while whilst building, then drop down the days you work the markets, this way you can still live eat and pay your bills.

it is easy for anyone of us to say go for it. But it needs to be the right choice for you why not draw up a plan and then post it on here and we can help you add to that plan if you want (does that sound fair ?)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Mr Sparkle

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 10:23:08 am »
Thanks window washers, Will do plan.
Thanks for your help

Window Washers

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 11:26:58 am »
Thanks window washers, Will do plan.
Thanks for your help
your welcome will help anytime I can  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

gary mcd

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 11:59:30 am »
Used to do markets along time ago. Don't blame you for wanting out, it seems you're in a good position to build your round further, as you build drop a day on markets till your full time.

Good luck

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 05:27:10 pm »
If you don't have loads of responsibilities, then I believe that you should go for it.  If others depend on you, then maybe start doing it in phases rather than all or nothing.
This may not be a popular thing to say on here but setting a target of £100 a day is seriously underselling yourself.

steve rix

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 06:09:24 pm »
If you don't have loads of responsibilities, then I believe that you should go for it.  If others depend on you, then maybe start doing it in phases rather than all or nothing.
This may not be a popular thing to say on here but setting a target of £100 a day is seriously underselling yourself.
Starting out it IS a reasonable FIRST target. Fairly easy to attain and once reached you will feel that you hav achieved something. Then set yourself another goal.