Lee Burbidge

Unger to reveal market changer
« on: March 20, 2012, 10:52:34 am »
Welcome to Unger’s new age of ‘nLite’enment http://bit.ly/GAQdu7 via @AddThis Unger to reveal a wfp set to transform the market!

andyM

Re: Unger to reveal market changer
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 10:58:38 am »
The only light I would link to Unger WFP equipment would be in the sentence:
 "Unger WFP......Light years behind everyone else."
One of the Plebs

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 11:12:47 am »
Not a snipe at you Lee, but.....

A: There is nothing i hate more than having to "like a page"/fill out a form or subscribe to a website to view something, I dont want to be spammed by Unger for the rest of my years.

B: All of ungers WFP gear is absolute poop.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 11:25:09 am »
Welcome to Unger’s new age of ‘nLite’enment http://bit.ly/GAQdu7 via @AddThis Unger to reveal a wfp set to transform the market!
whats the point of this post ?  why not just add the picture on here as there is nothing to see
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 02:12:32 pm »
Not a snipe at you Lee, but.....

A: There is nothing i hate more than having to "like a page"/fill out a form or subscribe to a website to view something, I dont want to be spammed by Unger for the rest of my years.

B: All of ungers WFP gear is absolute poop.

No offence taken Graham. The magazine is an online magazine. So to view it this is what you will need to do I am afraid, however we are looking at making this a little easier to use ( working progress). I have had my subscription list for 6 months now. I think we sent two emails one was for feed back on the magazine and the other was about the nominations :)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 02:13:47 pm »
The only light I would link to Unger WFP equipment would be in the sentence:
 "Unger WFP......Light years behind everyone else."

lol lets see what they reveal in the Amsterdam show. Its the same show they will be showing the Grippatank system.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 02:31:10 pm »
whats the point of this post ?  why not just add the picture on here as there is nothing to see

Hi, the point of the post is to let you know that Unger have a new wfp they will be revealing. Its defo worth keeping an eye out for. They claim that it will be a market changer :)

Gary nee

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 08:04:58 pm »
There are three superb wfp's coming soon, my local supplier told me, they sound great.. I'm off to Amsterdam to see the unger, looks superb, leave the extel standing...

deeege

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 08:08:07 pm »
There are three superb wfp's coming soon, my local supplier told me, they sound great.. I'm off to Amsterdam to see the unger, looks superb, leave the extel standing...

Must be cutting edge if its better than the xtel.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 08:14:26 pm »

is that what its called these days? dont forget to saddle up  ;D

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 09:06:41 pm »

I might be popin over to look see myself. You wanna catch up there?

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 09:12:29 pm »

I might be popin over to look see myself. You wanna catch up there?

2 windys meeting up in amsterdam?... :-X

Gary nee

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 10:13:59 pm »
The old trolls with no name giving cheek, yes amsterdam is a great show, yes cool meet for a pint....and it will be quite interesting seeing the new equipment, will shake up the complaisant suppliers in the uk!

Lee GLS

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 10:17:56 pm »

The old trolls with no name giving cheek

I didn't realise you were a troll dan  ;D

Tom White

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 11:22:47 pm »

Do you work for Unger, Gary?

And it's not the extel that you need to better; it's the Gardiner range.

I've also been to Amsterdam a few times; WFPs were the last thing on my mind.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 07:49:52 am »

And it's not the X-Tel that you need to better; it's the Gardiner range.

Visitors to the ISSA will have the chance to compare both 'side by side' as our Dutch Distributor will be exhibiting our complete pole and brush range including the complete Xtreme pole range.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 07:58:12 am »

WOW. what an achievement! I remember when I did just that with some plastic waste pipe & jubilee clips! ;D ;D

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 08:05:47 am »

And it's not the X-Tel that you need to better; it's the Gardiner range.

Visitors to the ISSA will have the chance to compare both 'side by side' as our Dutch Distributor will be exhibiting our complete pole and brush range including the complete Xtreme pole range.

Hey Alex, looks like I will have to pop over to the ISSA after all and take a look ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 09:09:49 am »
I was at Gardiner's a little while ago, played with the Xtreme. I don't think I need to go anywhere else.  :D

Would love to be surprised though, but my guess is they will still be behind the curve.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 02:57:48 pm »

The old trolls with no name giving cheek

I didn't realise you were a troll dan  ;D

neither did I? some would call it a sense of humour  *rolls eyes

Gary nee

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 04:48:00 pm »
the old trolls!!! say alot more on forums with no name, than they would face to face, you cant beat it!!

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 06:31:49 pm »
it will bve great unger and gardiners side by side, then people will really see the quality and craftman ship of gardiner poles, you wouldnt believe how many window cleaners have never heard of gardiners, a fellow held my clx today and couldnt believe how great it was and he had also never heard of an aquadapter either ?! i now think hes gunna buy both lol

unger should stick to scrim and squeegys

deeege

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 06:42:53 pm »
the old trolls!!! say alot more on forums with no name, than they would face to face, you cant beat it!!

You didn't answer whether you work for unger or not?

It's all very well calling us all trolls when your really only a shill yourself.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 10:50:30 pm »

unger should stick to scrim and squeegys

No honestly, they shouldn't. Every major supplier should crank out new revisions of their poles. It will speed up progress in the industry. If nobody would improve things we'd still be stuck with Tucker poles.

Gary nee

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 11:07:38 pm »
No I'm a wfp window cleaner, so if I big up a situation that I've see is greAt I must work for the company....???  Goodness well I'll big up my hydracart petrol so I work for WCW, my controller rocks so I work for Williamson, my 2x pumps are good so I work for pure freedom for the first and polarbright for the second .... I'm a busy man!!

Nick Wareham

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2012, 12:29:08 am »
obvious unger employee is obvious

Gary nee

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 12:53:39 am »
obvious unger employee is obvious

Weird!

www.com

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2012, 10:37:37 am »
The current poles on the market are not that good. It wont take much to make them far better. I know at least 3 companies bringing out new poles that are better than anything out there now.

Window Washers

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 10:48:50 am »
The current poles on the market are not that good. It wont take much to make them far better. I know at least 3 companies bringing out new poles that are better than anything out there now.
I guess you do not use gardiners poles then, as the sl-x is an awesome pole
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

www.com

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 10:58:00 am »
Yeah, bought clx and it broke with in minutes, literally. They all use the same clamps don't they? Nut threaded.

Window Washers

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 11:00:43 am »
Yeah, bought clx and it broke with in minutes, literally. They all use the same clamps don't they? Nut threaded.
I have a few clx and none broke within mins, they are used for staff poles and take a bashing.
They do come with the same clamps and work well, maybe yours had a fault on it, which I am dam sure Alex would have put right.

Gary nee

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 11:02:31 am »
I guess you do not use gardiners poles then, as the sl-x is an awesome pole

I heard the same mr industry! the new 3 are going to be something else.... two of the three are massive companies, with money to invest, they will make sure they no ALL their competitors poles, and better them on cost and quality.

Window cleaners should rejoice over this, its good for all of us......   STOP BEING SO DEFENSIVE , so you had a fall out with xtel however the new one will blow that away...

Remember when scoda were shxxe now their not. Ive heard the octavia is better than the TRUSTY mondeo (the one that everyone went for before before scoda was great and german)!!

TIME TO LOOK TO THE FUTURE FELLOW WINDOW CLEANERS, LETS REJOICE TOGETHER OVER THIS POSITIVE NEWS

www.com

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012, 11:05:35 am »
Do be honest wasn't impressed at all. Flimsy build. Prefer the Swift, feels a lot nicer.

Gary nee

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 11:09:31 am »
Do be honest wasn't impressed at all. Flimsy build. Prefer the Swift, feels a lot nicer.

#
Ive never seen/used the swift, i think thats the only pole ive not used...however have heard great things about it,  where can i get the swift?

david moss

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2012, 11:21:41 am »
Who makes the Swift, a windy told me about them a few months ago

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2012, 11:34:24 am »

#
Ive never seen/used the swift, i think thats the only pole ive not used...however have heard great things about it,  where can i get the swift?

Who makes the Swift, a windy told me about them a few months ago

I am surprised that you do not know who sells the Swift  :o

Here is a link to them - http://www.ionicsystems.co.uk/

If you are comparing a CLX to a Swift then you are way 'off-beam' as the swift is a full carbon pole starting at about £900 for the new 45ft carbon whereas the CLX pole is a budget economy pole at about £90 for an 18ft pole.

If the CLX broke within minutes did you get it sorted by Gardiner Pole Systems? What was the outcome?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 11:38:36 am »

I heard the same mr industry! the new 3 are going to be something else.... two of the three are massive companies, with money to invest, they will make sure they no ALL their competitors poles, and better them on cost and quality.

TIME TO LOOK TO THE FUTURE FELLOW WINDOW CLEANERS, LETS REJOICE TOGETHER OVER THIS POSITIVE NEWS

To be honest it is about time that manufacturers got their act together and stopped just re-badging old technology. Window cleaners deserve better and need better before RSI and other work related injuries start kicking in with a vengeance.

I for one am completely for improved technology and competitive pricing.

www.com

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2012, 12:04:10 pm »
It isn't 40ft. Must be the other one.

They ended up gluing it. Doesn't see much use, it's one of 30+ poles we've got.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 12:14:00 pm »
It isn't 40ft. Must be the other one.

They ended up gluing it. Doesn't see much use, it's one of 30+ poles we've got.

Smallest swift is the 35ft recently superseded model. Could be the full carbon Glyder then. Once again this is a full carbon pole and about 4 times the price of the CLX.

Glad you got the CLX sorted. That must be tricky working with 30 poles ;D

david moss

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 12:48:31 pm »
There is no other company that can compete with your products Alex. I dont no why they dont just give up

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 01:00:31 pm »
There is no other company that can compete with your products Alex. I dont no why they dont just give up

That is kind of you to say so.

Other companies can compete and each company's offering will have something that will appeal to a segment of the market. It will be interesting to see the markets reaction to the latest products.

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 02:30:03 pm »

That is kind of you to say so.

Other companies can compete and each company's offering will have something that will appeal to a segment of the market. It will be interesting to see the markets reaction to the latest products.

What Alex is trying to say is "Oh dear, this years holiday to Blackpool may have to be cancelled!"

Gary nee

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2012, 02:51:42 pm »
well im only the face of my company'' to my clients'', its my sister with the money who earns out of it im the face who ''all my clients love''..............................
there are 4 directors in my company, so the little profit has along way to go.....so i have to be shrewd about my competitors.................

so i need to make sure all my equip is top notch.

Mrs A

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 02:58:02 pm »

What Alex is trying to say is "Oh dear, this years holiday to Blackpool may have to be cancelled!"

:D  Don't let the kids know!

Mrs A

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 03:00:06 pm »
well im only the face of my company'' to my clients'', its my sister with the money who earns out of it im the face who ''all my clients love''..............................
there are 4 directors in my company, so the little profit has along way to go.....so i have to be shrewd about my competitors.................

You forgot to mention all the products that my husband has designed and brought to market.  I like to think that helps GPS.   But yes he has got a lovable face but I'm biased.  ;)

Gary nee

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2012, 03:04:28 pm »

You forgot to mention all the products that my husband has designed and brought to market.  I like to think that helps GPS.   But yes he has got a lovable face but I'm biased.  ;)

errrrrrrr im confused i was talking about me here.............

Mrs A

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 03:06:20 pm »

You forgot to mention all the products that my husband has designed and brought to market.  I like to think that helps GPS.   But yes he has got a lovable face but I'm biased.  ;)

errrrrrrr im confused i was talking about me here.............

Whoops!! I do beg your pardon.   That is hilarious.  What is your company that your sister runs?  I bet you've got a lovable face too  :)

Gary nee

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 03:12:13 pm »
Nee's cleaning and maintenance,       not sure if your no my sister!!!, im confused, who are you?   this is bizarre old thread.....all i said was im looking forward to seeing the new unger pole, and that i have to keep an eye on my eqipment, trying to keep my business in the forefront....

then weirdness occurred .........

Gary nee

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 03:14:55 pm »
Brodex will not have their new super pole ready for holland, however it wont be to long after, cant wait to see that new reasonable priced super carbon pole.

Mrs A

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2012, 03:17:24 pm »
Nee's cleaning and maintenance,       not sure if your no my sister!!!, im confused, who are you?   this is bizarre old thread.....all i said was im looking forward to seeing the new unger pole, and that i have to keep an eye on my eqipment, trying to keep my business in the forefront....

I know - I have had a good chuckle reading this thread as it developed.  I'm Alex's other half.  I think the four directors comment you made confused me and piecing together your previous comments made my mistake. Again, my apologies but hopefully no harm done.   :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 03:38:11 pm »
Nee's cleaning and maintenance,       not sure if your no my sister!!!, im confused, who are you?   this is bizarre old thread.....all i said was im looking forward to seeing the new unger pole, and that i have to keep an eye on my eqipment, trying to keep my business in the forefront....

I cannot find Nee's cleaning and maintenance as a Ltd company with four directors ??? What's the Ltd company that you run?

What is confusing is not your comments on the Unger pole, which I think we are all interested in seeing, but it was this comment that you made:

which as far as I can see has nothing to do with the Unger pole or your business, but would seem to be a slightly bizarre, on your part, reference to my company which my sister is MD of and does have four company directors.

So what is the company that your sister runs? - if these words were actually about your business.

Gary nee

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 04:17:39 pm »
Hello Alex, oh i see now, ok , no i was explaining my situation....ok i was confused then
I will say though Alex one of my sub contractors and my brother has an slx and theres no problem with that pole, its a gooden, im just quite excited by the new ones coming out.

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2012, 04:41:50 pm »

Now I'm confused, why would you post this on a thread about Unger poles?

I think you Troll!

wfp master

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2012, 04:47:59 pm »
so what three companies are bringing out these new super dooper poles.?

BVC

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2012, 05:57:49 pm »
Hello Alex, oh i see now, ok , no i was explaining my situation....ok i was confused then
I will say though Alex one of my sub contractors and my brother has an slx and theres no problem with that pole, its a gooden, im just quite excited by the new ones coming out.

looks like someone thinks they think they know something :-X 

BVC.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2012, 06:44:09 pm »
Bring it on I say, it's good for development.

HOWEVER

The proof will be in the pudding, bear in mind we've heard all this before & it's all been over-hyped rubbish.

Unger are a big concern & almost every retailer sells their products- however, their WFP products so far have been WAY off the mark! They come up with some nice little things from an engineering point of view but totally useless for it's intended user.

It would be nice to see some REAL development from other companies but they will also have to match industry leading customer service too. ;)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2012, 09:32:58 pm »
all my Unger poles are now redundant, as soon as we bought one clx, then all my staff just had to have one, we have 2 perfectly useable unger poles in the garage, which are now completely out of date.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2012, 06:35:56 pm »
Gardiner Pole Systems vs. the rest of the world.

Bring it on I say.