KLEENAWAY

Re: £1 allround
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 08:55:15 pm »
Ok cleeen im lying, i thought id come on here and just lie for the crack of it! Anyone that works around st hlens might of heard of this guy. Paulben i wasnt looking for work mate i was just chatting with the fella and his wife. Like i said iv been told how cheap/stupid he is off a load of other people on the estate and another wc that iv baught work off that used to clean in the same area.

Danny

Johnny B

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 09:24:05 pm »
I wouldn't worry if I were you. If you do a good job and your custys are loyal, you won't be
losing any to the cheaper guy.

I haven't increased my prices on quite a few of mine for a while. Whenever I get enquiries for new custys I quote higher prices to them, giving me a benchmark for when I actually pluck up the confidence to increase prices on my long term custys.

Seems to work for me, and in the event of custys asking why my prices vary I can tell them that my loyal custys get charged less because of their long term loyalty.

John. 

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

chopsie

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 09:25:16 pm »
He cant be much of a p!*s head @ £1 a house
chopsie

TonyD

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 01:39:49 pm »
Ok cleeen im lying, i thought id come on here and just lie for the crack of it! Anyone that works around st hlens might of heard of this guy. Paulben i wasnt looking for work mate i was just chatting with the fella and his wife. Like i said iv been told how cheap/stupid he is off a load of other people on the estate and another wc that iv baught work off that used to clean in the same area.

Danny

I'm in St.Helens and I know of someone that prices this cheap. Although I heard it was £1.50 I think last time lol.  That was for 3 bed semi's. He does my mums house too, they say he's crap, misses a lot, but it's only a pound or pound 50 and don't want to take work off him as he's local and been doing them for years  ::)
This may not even be the same bloke, may be another one who is also just as cheap. Always see him in the afternoon stood outside one of the pubs. 

I just canvas for work elsewhere in the town or further afield and leave people like that to it, more fool them for working for so little when customers are willing to pay respectable prices for a proper job. 

clarkson

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 02:03:14 pm »
 Thats worst price i have seen recently. Used to be an old boy near me always charged 10 bob, when we went metric he converted to 50p stayed like that till the 90's.

Hes gone now, though(litrally not packed in).

This guy must be bumping like mad though and he will get away with it for a quid. say hes doing 5 or 6 houses an hour by cuttin every corner possible, thats 6 quid an hour. he wont be paying tax or ni so 6 net is good money. lot of hard working employed people arent getting that.

One guy round here  charges cheap but has his 'bonus system' he actually boasts about.

when its raining he races round as much of his round as possible.knocks on if there in says he will come back when its not raining, if they arent he nips round the house with a pole checking for birdbob and cobwebs,nothing else. then he tickets them. the customer just thinks the windows where cleaned and got rained on. his record is 380 pounds in a day on his own. thats just plain stealing if you ask me.

a good quality fairly priced service will win out in the end, unfortunately theskallys do get away with it in the short term >:(

cheers
john

Spruce

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 06:33:44 pm »
Hi
He can only physically clean a certain number of houses a month. If he has most of the estate, then go to another estate he doesn't work and look for business there. At a £1.00 a house he can't afford to travel far.
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

lcwalker

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 07:05:34 pm »
Are you sure it isn't a £1 per window thats how i quote.

colinyates

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 07:13:57 pm »
"A POUND" got to be a simpleton. You could have them done every week ::)

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 07:47:52 pm »

when its raining he races round as much of his round as possible.knocks on if there in says he will come back when its not raining, if they arent he nips round the house with a pole checking for birdbob and cobwebs,nothing else. then he tickets them. the customer just thinks the windows where cleaned and got rained on. his record is 380 pounds in a day on his own. thats just plain stealing if you ask me.

classic

clearlyclean

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2010, 09:18:05 pm »
wonder! what if he fell or damaged some ones property,  Is he is insured? ???

Paul-pp

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 12:10:21 am »
im comin in at 50p init :o :P

Newannaive

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 12:38:11 am »
4p

clearlyclean

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2010, 04:58:51 pm »
I have to pay them to let me clean them  ;D there is an old boy who walks around with his ladder on a racing bike he was moaning cos he is in debt he charges 4 pound a house and i charge £7.50 same type of house I have the majority of the work cos I am regular and tidy and polite,he looks like a tramp....Get what you pay for I suppose  ;D

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2010, 05:47:20 pm »
He cant be much of a p!*s head @ £1 a house

agreed how much booze can you get for £1? this pee head cant be drinking much!

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2010, 08:21:10 pm »
TonyD what part of st helens you clean pal? Do you know this "windowcleaners" name and ill tell you if its the same lad? Iv got to say, he hasn't taken any work off me yet lol

Danny

TonyD

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2010, 08:38:31 pm »
TonyD what part of st helens you clean pal? Do you know this "windowcleaners" name and ill tell you if its the same lad? Iv got to say, he hasn't taken any work off me yet lol

Danny

His name is Ian.
I clean outside St.Helens at the moment, looking to build more commercial work and only a small round as I have my valeting & detailing business still running too for now http://cherishedcarcare.co.uk/

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2010, 09:34:15 pm »
Good stuff mate. Iv just sat and watched that whole video lol! Realy good job you done on them cars mate, they look brilliant  ;D

Danny