RUB-A-DUB

Re: Does anyone use a trailer for their WFP paraphanalia?
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2005, 08:02:32 pm »
I HAVE JUST GONE FROM A TRAILER TO VAN MOUNT HAD A TWIN AXLE BOX T/L, FOUND SOME PLACES CHALLENGING TO GET TO. THE THING TO REMEMBER IS YOUR WEIGHT AND WHAT YOU TOW IT WITH IF YOU ARE USING 800 LTR TANK, HOSES, REELS, POLES RESIN TANKS X2, THIS WEIGHS NEARLY 1 TON. I FIND IT EASIER AND QUICKER WITH THE VAN, BUT IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR OVERALL ACCESS TO YOUR CUSTOMERS PREMISES. BEING A LGV CLASS 1 DRIVER ALSO REVERSING A 8 FOOT T/L IS A PIECE OF CAKE. GOOD LUCK  PHIL.

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2005, 08:36:46 pm »
BEING A LGV CLASS 1 DRIVER ALSO REVERSING A 8 FOOT T/L IS A PIECE OF CAKE. GOOD LUCK

Thanks for the advice, but I've a couple of points.  I'm also an LGV 1 (Cat C + E) driver, but I passed my test some ten years or so ago and never really touched a truck since.

Also, I've just returned from a long weekend away, tow-assisted by the AA with a water pump failure and a (probably) knackered head gasket.

So depending on the cost of repairs, it's knocked my getting a WFP back a bit!

Gutted.

Roy Harding

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2005, 09:00:09 pm »
Sorry to here that Tosh, hope you get sorted quick.

If I can help in anyway just ask.

Roy

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2005, 09:16:52 pm »
Cheers, Roy,

Thanks for the offer.  All I can say is the AA are 'top bannana'.  They got to us within 40 minutes on the M5 on a Bank Holiday Monday.

Ah, well.  I'm not the first, nor will I be the last complainant here; about their vehicle troubles.

The thing is, I've always seen families stranded on the side of a motorway with a car breakdown on Bank Holiday Mondays and I've always thought, 'I bet that's spoilt their weekend'. 

It's just not nice when it happens to you.

It could've been worse though.  It could've happened on the outward leg of the journey.

matt

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2005, 09:20:36 pm »
sorry to hear your bad news mate

as you said, at least it was ont he way home :)

salty

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2005, 01:22:23 pm »
Hi,
just a got a trolley system, and its the best around, new to the market place.

It has been designed and built by an engineering company and is the best system ive seen. (not a micky mouse system that some people build)
I use this trolley down passages, thru gates etc.
Phone Mr Thompson on 01472 347519 and I,am sure he will give you more information.  :)